Stuart Mccall Has Resigned

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

If you're bored and looking for something read a (probably overly lengthy) ramble about his "demise" over the last twelve months.

'Where Did It All Go Horribly Wrong - A Year to Forget for Stuart McCall'

https://t.co/89LBr0t4gm

Excellent article.....but why does "foot golf" get so much stick, if nothing else it's a great workout carrying your clubs around , especially in the heat of Portugal

Nah not for me.

I'm really pissed off about the state he left us in on the park and his shiting it to get us out this mess. Plus the football in the last year to 18months of his tenure was torture to watch. His lack of playing or nurturing youth will be a massive step back in terms of how we wish to progress as a club.

Plus he moved to Rangers and just looked like a cunt so for those reasons... I'm out.

Nah he had visibily ran out of steam. Maybe the cash restrictions last summer meant he had hands tied somewhat but it looked like a lazy effort and regardless of lack of ability to enhance the squad he should still have gotten more out of what he had to work with.

Will remain one of my all time favourite Well managers but his time has been and gone.

Nah not for me.

I'm really pissed off about the state he left us in on the park and his shiting it to get us out this mess. Plus the football in the last year to 18months of his tenure was torture to watch. His lack of playing or nurturing youth will be a massive step back in terms of how we wish to progress as a club.

Plus he moved to Rangers and just looked like a cunt so for those reasons... I'm out.

Spot on. McCall lost it the summer he contemplated the Sheffield United move and had no interest in the future of Motherwell while dishing out deals to Lawson, Vigurs, Neilsen and McHugh.

Humping Rangers was all the sweeter for McCall being in the oppositions dugout.

• Like 3

There's a really interesting interview with McCall out there on YouTube somewhere, as part of the play off conversations. He's pretty candid about what happened. Basically, he says while others suggested he leave on a high after the Aberdeen game to finish second, he really wanted one more crack at the cups with us. After the injury crisis and the early cup exits, he admitted that he found it hard to motivate himself to give it everything each day to fight for what was likely to be, at best, at battle for 7th or 8th place.

He obviously still had strong emotions for our club, and was visibly upset when discussing the possibility that he might relegate us. You can tell he holds his time with us in high regard and still has a lot of good friends at Fir Park.

I certainly don't have issues with him on a personal level - he seems like a genuine guy and I'd happily have a beer with him. I wouldn't have him back as a manager, though, as a club like ours always needs to be moving forward.

• Like 2

There's a really interesting interview with McCall out there on YouTube somewhere, as part of the play off conversations. He's pretty candid about what happened. Basically, he says while others suggested he leave on a high after the Aberdeen game to finish second, he really wanted one more crack at the cups with us. After the injury crisis and the early cup exits, he admitted that he found it hard to motivate himself to give it everything each day to fight for what was likely to be, at best, at battle for 7th or 8th place.

He obviously still had strong emotions for our club, and was visibly upset when discussing the possibility that he might relegate us. You can tell he holds his time with us in high regard and still has a lot of good friends at Fir Park.

I certainly don't have issues with him on a personal level - he seems like a genuine guy and I'd happily have a beer with him. I wouldn't have him back as a manager, though, as a club like ours always needs to be moving forward.

He probably did hang around one season too many,but I don't have any issues with him.The fans have never forgiven Craig brown,quite rightly,for his unethical,behaviour,but I would say McCall gave us very good service,but we might have someone even better and more motivated now

I would never advocate making a managerial decision based on a shocker of a cup result however when you had the accumulation McCall did you have to wonder. One win in his last seventeen. Granted some of them were against top European opposition but League 2 Rangers, two legs with Stjarnan and Albion Rovers is just about unforgivable.

That said his league record was not only outstanding but consistently outstanding. I liked the way he developed us when Craig Brown left but he did seem to run out of ideas last season.