Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 7 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Beat from the first minute, there was again only one team wanting to win it, Inverness pressed in numbers early on got the goal all be it from a retaken penalty Second half was better but the defending at the corner was embarrassing everyone behind and under the ball no one upfield or on the posts schoolboy stuff. Another year stuck at the bottom on this performance

• Like 2

Not a single one of our strikers is up to standard. Can see Molt and Fletcher developing over time but that doesn't help us now. Why we signed Clarkson I will never know, McDonald is miles off form. Theo is a strange one, he's needing a goal I think, not seen enough of him to judge but from what I have heard he's not good enough. We need a good solid reliable goal scorer, in the Sutton/ Higdon mold.

That Vigurs goal btw, imagine having a midfielder with a bit of technique and quality about him.

Not good enough for us mind you, doesn't run about enough.

That Vigurs goal btw, imagine having a midfielder with a bit of technique and quality about him.

Not good enough for us mind you, doesn't run about enough.

Shame he never showed it with us for 99% of the time he here. So much for career threatning back injury, lyingbastarditus more like.

Gutted about result, penalty incident will be interesting to see back, we seemed to create a decent amount of chances but final balls always poor.

• Like 2

I am really surprised by the early reaction here.

A lot of positive play from us. A lot.

We did lack the final ball but we basically got beaten by a dodgy penalty (including retake which you 99% of the time wouldnt see), a deflection (albeit after some poor defending) and then a wonder goal!

They went 5 at the back on 70 mins. Was always going to be tough from then on in.

• Like 3

Have actually seen us worse and won......last week v killi ,for example

Will need to see pen decision again,but it looked soft.....to order a retake just compounds matters.I am not one for blaming refs,its usually a deflection tactic,but today I thought the ref was very poor....knew the rules but doesn't know the game

We have a few problem positions,most notably left back

Yes i've watched some dreadfull performances through the years with Motherwell and this one is up there with the worst of them. Lack of quality in our team is is worrying. This is a poor Caley side and they totally gubbed us.

I thought we'd get stuff like this based on the chat at the game.

I disagree. Take away the penalty decision and the game comes down to Inverness hitting a thunderbolt that goes in and us hitting a thunderbolt that comes off the underside of the bar.

Louis Moult has also missed free header a yard from the line in the first half that would have got us right in the match. Don't remember Inverness really making Ripley earn his money.

Spent most of the match going forward but Inverness have been very clinical with their chances.

Not saying there aren't deficiencies in the team but today was hardly "one of the worst", we've played poorer and won this season.

Taking off McDonald was a mistake because we were poorer without him on the ball. Also Vigurs is miles better than most of the guys that have passed through our midfield in recent times, and I'll keep that view until the likes of Leitch, Taylor or Grimshaw hit a volley like that.

ICT played us well and we help by a generous ref

we are still looking for a left back and we did create a shed load of chances which were either missed or well defended

Grimshaw played well and his distribution was good, it was just a shame that his shot at the end of the first half came off the bar and didn't dip those extra few inches

Moult played well for me but he did miss a few chances

onwards and upwards

A lot of positive play from us.

I am not surprised. On here, if we play half decent and and win, everything is rosey. If we play half decent and lose, its a sign of the Apocalypse.

We played quite well at times, wasn't much between us,fine margins and all that. Looking like Moult is our number 1 striker.

For those not there, we hit the bar, goal choped off, they scored a retaken penalty and a soft second.

Yes i've watched some dreadfull performances through the years with Motherwell and this one is up there with the worst of them. Lack of quality in our team is is worrying. This is a poor Caley side and they totally gubbed us.

You dont half talk some amount of pish. We played worse than that 90% of last season.

Questionable penalty, and a second chance at it, and two goals from outside the box, 3rd was a belter of a volley. Our belter hit the bar. In fairness there was not much in it between both teams. Plenty of room for improvement but even at 3-0 down i felt we could get back in the game. Something you couldnt say under Barraclough

Taking off McDonald was a mistake because we were poorer without him on the ball. Also Vigurs is miles better than most of the guys that have passed through our midfield in recent times, and I'll keep that view until the likes of Leitch, Taylor or Grimshaw hit a volley like that.

It would take a very poor performance to rival Scott McDonalds level of shitness today he was horrendous. Take a bow joe charmers, you far exceeded it! Agree regarding Vigurs though that won't be popular on here

Some of our play was flawed today but I really enjoyed it and at 3-0, still thought we had a chance.

McGhee got his tactics wrong in 1st half. Time after time Inverness have overrun us in midfield at Fir Park and that wasn't going to stop with Marvin playing as a 3rd midfielder. To be fair to McGhee, we don't have many options in midfield.

We were unlucky to come in 2 down at half time to a retaken, albeit stonewall, pen and a deflection. Our luck was really out cracking the woodwork. Vigurs then rubbed salt into the wounds with his annual screamer.

On the plus side, I think we have plenty of quality going forward. There was signs of McGhee's interplay coming to the fore but it didn't quite click. Albeit I think we'd have had a better chance of getting a point of Skippy had stayed on. His legs were going but his brain is miles ahead.

Grimshaw my motm, Moult cementing his place as my favourite and Joe Chalmers woeful.

We'll be fine this season if we continue to match the level of effort put in today.

• Like 1

A lot of positive play from us. A lot.

We did lack the final ball but we basically got beaten by a dodgy penalty (including retake which you 99% of the time wouldnt see), a deflection (albeit after some poor defending) and then a wonder goal!

They went 5 at the back on 70 mins. Was always going to be tough from then on in.

Pretty much agree with Superwards view , 3 goals lost were a retaken pen , heavy deflection that keeper could do nothing about albeit debatable that the Inverness player should have got his shot away in the first place , and a worldy from Vigurs .

Had the penalty save stood , and our effort off the bar gone in , the outcome could have been very different .

All if's , but's and maybe's , but at least in the 2nd half there was a visible effort and desire to retrieve the situation , with the lack of a decent final ball again our achilles heel. Far removed from the insipid pish served up under Baraclough imo .

We definitely lack a bit of quality , but if McGhee can find a settled 11 and formation with fight and desire from what he has at his disposal , it may not be pretty , but I think we'll stay up comfortably enough .

Moult has managed to head a ball that looked to be going in over the bar.

His goal was a great finish to squeeze in at the back post, and he ran his arse off all day, maybe he can take Skippy aside and give him a few tips. Our little Aussie's best run was the one off the park when he got subbed. He seems to have acquired the dreaded"Lehman's First Touch" affliction

The decision to get rid of Vigurs gets all the more ridiculous when you consider our absolutely dire midfield options.

I thought it was vigurs that didn't or couldn't play cos of his bad back.....he's a tidy player with great touches but more of a showboater than anything else....Christie looks a more complete player

Re the game today, I actually really enjoyed it. Could easily have finished 2 or 3 each.

I think Moult will score up to a certain level but I'm not sure he's a Top 6 level player. Still our best bet for a goal at the moment right enough.

He's still learning and developing, but happy to give him some time. It took guys like Porter a while to settle in and get up to speed and he turned out OK.

The game is called football. The object is to score more than the other team. It doesn't matter how good or bad the goals are by either team, you have simply to score more than they do. We haven't been good at either scoring, or defending, so we sit where we do, and that's the reality of it. We need to hope MM can squeeze something out of all of them, but it's still the IB crop on the field and they're just not good enough, not MM's fault. Just hope he's got them sorted out and supplemented/replaced by the end of February. Trying really hard to be positive, really am!!