U20S In Cup Final

Coolhandluc

Club should be making sure that this gets maximum exposure in the media and elsewhere from now until the final. Friday night will Craigan be on BT sport duty?.

Absolutely. I don't know if a cup final appearance brings the club any material benefits like prize money or sponsorship or even gate money but yes it should milk this for all its worth. Could it not organise some hospitality packages for example?

At the "class of 02" q&a night Lasley singled him out as one to watch. Sounds like a midfield terrier.

Apparently he's been a hot prospect for some years now having signed with us at an early age.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-beat-top-clubs-sign-2437181#QT7PjHVAdrx4R5X1.97

Certainly notching 2 goals would suggest that he's got talent. Just hope he can continue to develop and we can hold onto him.

• Like 1

Apparently he's been a hot prospect for some years now having signed with us at an early age.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-beat-top-clubs-sign-2437181#QT7PjHVAdrx4R5X1.97

Certainly notching 2 goals would suggest that he's got talent. Just hope he can continue to develop and we can hold onto him.

I think we were talking about Allan Campbell who has been playing the holding role in midfield this season. From what I've seen he seems to be a natural at reading the game.

Yet to see Turnbull.

I think we were talking about Allan Campbell who has been playing the holding role in midfield this season. From what I've seen he seems to be a natural at reading the game.

Yet to see Turnbull.

Apologies. At any rate we do seem to have a few promising youngsters about to break through. That can only be a good thing.

tomorrow night at Tynecastle, Hearts v Dundee United

Be nice if we could take a big support to this.

Agreed, but as final is end of April, might need to bump this thread nearer the time to renew interest? Hopefully, the official site will publicise the final too

Ive just seen David Turnbull's recent goal for the 20's.

Watch his composure as he beats a man on the edge of his box and plays his way out of trouble. Queue a cross field pass which leads to some good play down the right wing. He picks the ball up again in the middle of the park and drives forward towards goal, exchanges a quicks 1-2 and smashes the ball past the keeper from well outside the box.

I usually am quite impressed with what I see on the highlights anyway but felt this was worth a mention.

Here's the link :

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched the U20s for the first time today v Accies. I know Aalan Campbell has been lauded for his performances, but I was also impressed by Robbie Leitch and David Turnbull in midfield. Dom Thomas had the RB on toast, but his final ball let him down I thought. On the downside, Luke Watt doesn't look like he will step up again.

Accies no 10 Steven Boyd looked a prospect and Jose's son Rico Quitongo was playing

I caught up with my Airdrie supporting mate at the weekend and asked him about Ferguson and Mackin. He wasn't too complimentary in all honesty!

On Ferguson he said he's been the better of the two but has still had a bit of a hard time from their support. He believes he was brought in because of his ability to cover all positions in defence but has ended up playing a single position and has taken the place of one of their own youngsters. We've had the same conversation ourselves in the past but he reckons some of their support have held that against him.

On Mackin he hasn't been impressed and says he's doesn't look interested. He doesn't recognise the player who is routinely banging the goals in for our 20's.

He did qualify his remarks by quickly pointing out that I had to remember that the manager who brought the two in isn't in charge, the team they are playing in are absolutely rank and that with about 90% of the team about to freed because they are about to go full-time morale is at rock bottom.

Clearly the only opinions that really matter here are those of McGhee, Craigan and Lasley but interesting views and particularly the context of the team they've been playing with.

Clearly the only opinions that really matter here are those of McGhee, Craigan and Lasley but interesting views and particularly the context of the team they've been playing with.

Certainly this threesome have a wealth of experience and they'll know what they're about. I must say I've been impressed with Keith Lasley in his short time with the Under 20s. Both Ferguson & Mackin now need to demonstrate that they're ready for a step up.