2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Kieran Kennedy sounding like he is away on Twitter too.......'Not the way we wanted to finish the season but Really enjoyed my year in Scotland big thanks to the fans for all the support!'.

He's since tweeted to say it was a typo, meant to say 'first' year.

Not surprised to see Leitch go but hopefully he gets something sorted out. Needs a run of games at a lower level.

Leitch is one of those players who, in a better financial climate, you would have liked to see get another year. He has not been lucky with the serious injury and had few real chances since then. The truth is though that we can't keep them all and I wish him well in his future career. Any word on where he might be going?

Not surprised to see Leitch go but hopefully he gets something sorted out. Needs a run of games at a lower level.

I think he would make a descent SPFL player. I'm surprised that no manager ever sent him out on loan to develop. Best of luck to him.

See Jack Leitch has announced his departure. Took a career threatening knock at wrong stage in his development. For all Scott Brown has regressed at the San Giro - I've yet to see anybody have him in his back pocket like he did.

If Jack Leitch played like that every week he would have had more than our contract on offer. Unfortunately he only managed it once.

I think Leitch showed a lot of promise early on and had he avoided the serious injury when he did, who knows where we would be with him now.

However, the harsh reality of it is that he is now 21 and he's not going to be first choice next season. So to keep him on as a backup, does he really have any stand out attribute to offer us that Lasley, Pearson, Cadden or Campbell can't? Unfortunately with the purse strings tightening, he'd be taking up a wage we could use elsewhere. It probably wouldn't benefit his career either to spend another season on the bench or on the fringes of our squad. He'd also be an overage player in the 20s next season, so he couldn't really rely on a game there either.

So Leitch and Clarkson are going according to their own Twitter accounts.

Anyone have any other info on who is not being offered a new deal/knocking back the offer?

Noticed Moore hasn't said anything either way but was saying good luck to Clarky and Leitch. So maybe staying?

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/05/16/squad-update-may-2016/

The following players (both first-team and Under 20s) are in discussions with the club with a view to extending their deals:

Stevie Hammell

Stephen McManus

Craig Samson

Keith Lasley

Craig Moore

James McFadden

David Ferguson

Ben Hall

Scott McDonald

Dylan Mackin

Robbie Leith

Jack McMillan

Ross MacLean

Ryan Watters

The following players will leave the club when their contract expires at the end of the month:

Connor Ripley (Loan: returned to Middlesbrough)

Wes Fletcher

Morgaro Gomis (Loan: returned to Heart of Midlothian)

David Clarkson

Jack Leitch

Brett Long

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/05/16/squad-update-may-2016/

The following players (both first-team and Under 20s) are in discussions with the club with a view to extending their deals:

Stevie Hammell

Stephen McManus

Craig Samson

Keith Lasley

Craig Moore

James McFadden

David Ferguson

Ben Hall

Scott McDonald

Dylan Mackin

Robbie Leith

Jack McMillan

Ross MacLean

Ryan Watters

The following players will leave the club when their contract expires at the end of the month:

Connor Ripley (Loan: returned to Middlesbrough)

Wes Fletcher

Morgaro Gomis (Loan: returned to Heart of Midlothian)

David Clarkson

Jack Leitch

Brett Long

I had been told that all three members of the Leitch family were leaving the club...

Very likely...

I was under the impression that Robbie Leitch wasn't even going to be offered a contract.

Other thing that strikes me is the fact we are once again offering McFadden a contract. I love the guy but even on an extremely low wage, is this the best use of a shrinking budget? I know he's been helping out with some coaching but how many coaches do we need?

I was under the impression that Robbie Leitch wasn't even going to be offered a contract.

Other thing that strikes me is the fact we are once again offering McFadden a contract. I love the guy but even on an extremely low wage, is this the best use of a shrinking budget? I know he's been helping out with some coaching but how many coaches do we need?

Think the Faddy one baffles most, particularly when McGhee is talking about a squad of 20 and every penny being accounted for. McGhee must be convinced he still has a lot to offer with the right fitness regime.

Yeah Scott is in charge of the youth recruitment and development, seems to have impressed people with what he has done so id be surprised if he was leaving us and is still very friendly with McGhee who i reckon would have some input into him staying at the club.

I remember talking to Scott Leitch as far back as January and asking what he thought on Jacks lack of game time, he basically said he had numerous chats with Jack and if he wasnt playing regularly then they would look him perhaps going elsewhere and i think thats whats happened here. I dont think he was particularly happy at Gomis coming in as he felt that was a time for him to show his worth with injuries to Keith and Pearo although he did get a couple games with Gomis. He will get another club no bother, I suspect a lot championship clubs will be after him and perhaps one or two top flight teams.