2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

2 central midfielders and our incoming work is done I'd say, the two of them need to be 'starters' with Lasley as back-up, Cadden also has the potential to play in there and then we can look at some of the even younger youngsters like Campbell to make an impression if necessary.

Outgoings, I'd say Law and Chalmers time is well and truly up, Ainsworth has a decision to make, Watt and Thomas should be sent out on loan to the Championship as thats better than another season on our bench or in the Stand. Johnson and Moult are the only two that I could see bids coming in for.

2 central midfielders and our incoming work is done I'd say, the two of them need to be 'starters' with Lasley as back-up, Cadden also has the potential to play in there and then we can look at some of the even younger youngsters like Campbell to make an impression if necessary.

Outgoings, I'd say Law and Chalmers time is well and truly up, Ainsworth has a decision to make, Watt and Thomas should be sent out on loan to the Championship as thats better than another season on our bench or in the Stand. Johnson and Moult are the only two that I could see bids coming in for.

Figure that it's an either/or situation with Ainsworth and Thomas. If Ainsworth stays then, Thomas out on loan is an option. If Ainsworth leaves, Thomas may well be needed...

McGhee's already stated that it was one or the other with McDonald and El Bakhtaoui so with Skippy taking up his option that should be that put to bed. I doubt we're in the market for another striker now, it'll be 3 from; McDonald, Moult, Johnson, Blyth and Moore.

Again in line with McGhee's comments midfield is probably our priority from now.

I think Jonson is seen as a midfielder. With Clarkson and fletcher away it leaves room for 2 replacements. I still have a feeling their could be 1 more in up top. Prob 3 signings at least in total and I'd guess 2 of them will be loans and 2 of them will be midfielders unless we need to replace people like law which I have a feeling as well we will

I think Jonson is seen as a midfielder. With Clarkson and fletcher away it leaves room for 2 replacements. I still have a feeling their could be 1 more in up top. Prob 3 signings at least in total and I'd guess 2 of them will be loans and 2 of them will be midfielders unless we need to replace people like law which I have a feeling as well we will

Johnson was most effective for us last season playing as part of a 3 alongside McDonald and Moult. McGhee's stated that we're not likely to be looking for a striker: "Now that Scott's signed I don't think we need another striker"

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1359331-mcghee-delighted-with-summer-business-but-wants-more-at-motherwell/

Johnson was most effective for us last season playing as part of a 3 alongside McDonald and Moult. McGhee's stated that we're not likely to be looking for a striker: "Now that Scott's signed I don't think we need another striker" http://stv.tv/sport/football/1359331-mcghee-delighted-with-summer-business-but-wants-more-at-motherwell/

He's probably right, but I take anything McGhee says about signings or team selections with a pinch of salt. He quite often messes with the media in that regard.

Signing that "young keeper" he wanted is just the latest example.

Johnson was most effective for us last season playing as part of a 3 alongside McDonald and Moult. McGhee's stated that we're not likely to be looking for a striker: "Now that Scott's signed I don't think we need another striker"

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1359331-mcghee-delighted-with-summer-business-but-wants-more-at-motherwell/

I've said it before but I think Cadden, Johnson, Moult and McDonald are nailed on starters next season. Stick Lasley in there as well and we are only really looking at a midfielder for a first team place. Probably need another midfielder as competition/rotation with Lasley.

That should be it. We need anyone else then give kids a chance.

Signing that "young keeper" he wanted is just the latest example.

Not really, in context that quote was in response to him being asked about Neil Alexander. Who's 38.

"But, contrary to speculation, that new signing between the sticks WON’T be freed Hearts star Neil Alexander (38), as McGhee said he was looking for a more youthful keeper."

Last time I checked Brill was 30 a whole 8 years younger than Alexander...

Maybe that quote, but I don't think that is the same interview I was referring to - it's certainly not a direct quote.

Regardless, my point still stands. Unless you think we really are still waiting for the big centre half from his German contacts.

So according to McGhee, it's likely to be a week or two before we get a response from our midfield targets. By the sounds of it, our targets are contracted players waiting to see if they can get into the first team plans of their current club.

Where did you hear/see that?