2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

That's a comprehensive statement that hopefully puts an end to it. Fair play to the club. Sometimes you'd worry about a player not being happy but Skippy is the ultimate professional imo.

Away and sign a quality midfielder now, Henderson isn't getting a look in at Celtic.

That's a comprehensive statement that hopefully puts an end to it. Fair play to the club. Sometimes you'd worry about a player not being happy but Skippy is the ultimate professional imo.

A guy that has constant temper tantrums on the park and is overweight a fair amount of the time?

A guy that has constant temper tantrums on the park and is overweight a fair amount of the time?

And the player - if the rumours are true - that Scott Leitch had by the throat for not trying in training when they played together.

players expect a club to offer them a contract for security and then to honour that contract.

Expecting to be able to just walk away from that smacks a little of cake-and-eat-it syndrome.

Good to see this bid from Australia turned down. It would seem that Skippy is indeed happy to stay with us or at least thats the implication. In general though you're right Weeyin - some players want it both ways. The pendulum has indeed swung.

Well done to the club, losing Skippy would have been a massive blow. Some of the comments on here basically saying if he wanted to go we should let him are pretty wild.

We are trying to run a football club, we shouldn't be a soft touch. At the end of the day, he has just signed a new deal last week, expecting him to honour this a week later isn't too much to ask.

• Like 2

Interesting quote from Alan Burrows in the Record: "Burrows told Record Sport: Effectively we have blocked the move because we made it clear to Wanderers we wouldnt be prepared to let Scott move for free."

So it'd appear that WSW's gambit was to ask nicely and hope MFC just rolled over. I wonder if the nature of Pearson & Law's departures perhaps gave them ideas that it's the sort of thing MFC would be amenable to.

We were compensated for Pearson going, as per the official site, so we didn't let him go for free. Law is the type of player who wouldn't command a fee and it is common place for players to negotiate a release from their contract, both north and south of the border. I don't think it means we are "soft" as such.

As for huffy Skippy, he went in the huff in January 2007 when we rejected a bid from Rangers, yet without his goals that season we wouldn't have stayed up. If he goes in a season long huff where he continues to score important goals for us, I for one won't care much about the huff.

• Like 4

So is that the new thing?

We are too soft?

Dunno, I think the statement from the club has been robust and unequivocal. So that's a good thing.

Their approach seems a curious coincidence though, in so much that it appears to have been heavily reliant on MFC showing extreme benevolence. Despite being on record as having received compensation for Pearson the line seemed to be that it was an opportunity for him so the club wouldn't stand in his way and in the case of Law the club were "sympathetic" to his wishes. I can't really argue with either of those cases tbh.

That's not a dig at the club btw, just get the impression that WSW may have decided to fly a kite and see what happened. Personally I'd say hoping a club would just simply release a key player for free a couple of weeks after signing is optimistic at best.

Each to your own but I personally think he's pretty keech now. But the thought of having Blyth as our only recognised striker going into the season isn't a situation that could be allowed to happen.

Is that based on his 14 goals and 10 assists last season, aye?

Is that based on his 14 goals and 10 assists last season, aye?

It's based on my opinion. It's quite clear he has a positive impact on the team through his leadership skills and also footballing contribution In certain games. I have never said we should get rid. However I find him an incredibly frustrating player now as he has many games where he can't pass a ball 5 yards, misses easy chances, ruins good break aways and it just generally shite.

I however accept that if he didn't do these things he wouldn't be playing at our level.

Edited by Andy_P
NO NEED FOR THE "PLEASANTRIES"

In all fairness I can see exactly where Londonwell is coming from (in his assessment of McDonald) not YB.

He has proved crucial and on his game is a tremendous player who can really lift us up and pull us out the shit but in quite a few games last year that just wasn't evident. I don't think he was consistent enough. 14 goals and 10 assists is a good return but in my opinion he should be looking to contribute more.

Is that maybe why he is staying at Well as we do let him maybe away with more than he would at other clubs. He can blame his team mates for his miss placed passes and no one bites back?

All in all would I rather have him for us than against us, for sure, do I think he is a good player, defo, do I think he could and should be providing more, absolutely.

McGhee expands a bit more on YouTube. Looked a certainty to be going at one point yesterday, club discussed his wants (family etc) and the clubs needs and both parties came to current decision.

Moore comments - not ready yet for 1st team. Saves some money but we are over budget so no extra for a new player persay.

if he is still at the club come the start of the season il eat my hat!

I hope it's a small tasty hat.

Moore comments - not ready yet for 1st team. Saves some money but we are over budget so no extra for a new player persay.

Doesn't sound great there...