2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Scott Mullen has just tweeted saying he' signed short term deal so he's eligible to play (same as Thistle keeper I'd think). No idea why we're listing him as a trialist though!

I guess a short term deal is a trial to get a longer one.

Not a trialist in the normal sense though.

I guess a short term deal is a trial to get a longer one.

Not a trialist in the normal sense though.

If he's signed a short term deal then he's signed there's no need for the official account to list a (T) against his name.

Post the team line and clarify he's signed on a short term deal. The way they've done it there is just wilfully inviting confusion tbh.

You lost any credibility with that statement

"Marvin Johnson obviously stands out" Mark McGhee, Motherwell Manager, July, 2016. But naw I've lost all credibility by having the cheek to suggest that I think he's our best player. Sit down. Edited by Londonwell

I've seen the sentiments expressed by LankyMac above a couple of times this week but don't quite get this train of thought.

I mean people surely can't genuinely be suggesting we call the recruitment process to a grinding halt because we don't have the budget to sign them at this moment in time?

We might have not have money today, tomorrow or Monday but what if an unexpected outgoing transfer does provide them with the budget? If it then turned out we'd missed out on targets because we'd sat on our hands and done nothing because we didn't have the budget then, I rather suspect the pitchforks and burning torches would be getting looked out once more.

Much as any club won't stop looking at potential recruits when the transfer window is closed and they can't sign players, neither will it surely stop because because the budget isn't there at a particular period in time.

He did ok but if we have no budget why do we have a trialist?

Come to Motherwell for a trial, but we have no money so we can't sign you?!?

It's called 'planning'.

It's the thing some on here think we do not do.

He did ok but if we have no budget why do we have a trialist?

Come to Motherwell for a trial, but we have no money so we can't sign you?!?

I think you'll find that's because McGhee, like McCall before him, is shitting everyone about his transfer targets and budget.

And rightly so.

I think you'll find that's because McGhee, like McCall before him, is shitting everyone about his transfer targets and budget.

And rightly so.

Quite.

And again, details...what has McGhee been saying? "We won't be adding to the squad, or bringing in other players just now. At the moment it looks like I'm working with what I've got." Lucas has been a part of the squad (albeit unregistered until the other day) for what? 3 weeks now?

But, but.... that would mean McGhee was telling porkies when he said no new players and we had exceeded our budget.

That would mean he wasn't being truthful about signings.

Say it ain't so.

Aye, I really don't understand why folk get themselves so knotted up with just how literally they must interpret the words of the team manager or club representatives.

I am confident that we will have the much elusive attacking midfielder on our books post deadline day and my undergarments shall remain dry.

As outlined above, the club have been given an almost impossible task of keeping momentum, balancing the books and repaying our "kind benefactor". Unfortunately, I suspect we're going to have to get used to things being done this way for the foreseeable.

• Like 1

The thread makes my eyes sore.

First we had folk greeting because we weren't actually signing anyone , now their having hissy fits because we sign a guy on a short term deal to overcome our lack of midfielders .

Throw in the fact that we have had the sheer cheek to reject bids for a couple of our best players and the place is in meltdown.

I'm off to play Pokemon go.

• Like 1