Season Tickets 2016/17

Toxteth O'Grady

Yes, you're correct. We're only guaranteed 18 home games, however, there is a chance of having 19 or 20.

I take it there's none of the league cup group matches included in the ST? I would hope there is some sort of offer for ST holders for these games otherwise the crowds will be grim.

I take it there's none of the league cup group matches included in the ST? I would hope there is some sort of offer for ST holders for these games otherwise the crowds will be grim.

I would hope so. Hibs for example are offering their ST holders a 10% reduction.

So if it's £325 in the East Stand we have...

325 /18 = 18.06

/19 = 17.11

/20 = 16.25

What's the price next year PATG?

Dunno!

But important to point out that's the most expensive/least value scenario for the east stand which you have listed. One adult only used for snr squad match entry

Other scenarios include additional kids ticket which I think is now up to age16

a whole host of discounts

Your right to your choice of seat location and ability to reserve that for other events (sounds grand! )

I'm sure there are more links which give some value but guess like most I don't use most of them other than the kids ticket which I always opt in on, for a niece or nephew even if they only join me for a game or two it's still value and its introducing kids to live football, and when I cannot make a game, I have an adult and child ticket to offer out to someone that can, usually friends or colleagues who wouldn't normally go to a game

Nb. offering ticket out might not be strictly permitted, but I now know 4 family's that pay in at least 5 or 6 games a season, based on giving them freebies over the years, get the kids interested they'll then persuade parent to take them now and again, ironically most of them would go more often if it wasn't near £30 to walk up

Ps I don't agree with the rise, but operating costs do go up

I'm more astounded that anyone in our club let alone the general manager thought it was acceptable or even sensible to use rangers return as part justification for the rise, as Motherwell fans getting 'more' premium matches.

For avoidance of doubt I pay to watch Motherwell FC vs the opposition . In league matches I see no premium event or occasion all 12 clubs are there on merit and some opposition should not be getting promoted as 'better to watch' than others

I dont like the 'its only £15' patter, I really dont. £15 to one person is heehaw, but to the next can be a sum of money that they cant do without...

...that said, the Club is a business as Joeboy pointed out, and I'm pretty sure they wouldnt have just plucked these figures out of thin air, they will know roughly how many they will sell and what sort of money that need to charge. If you dont want to buy because of the increase and believe its not worth it in comparison to the gate price and/or potentially missing games, or you genuinely cant afford the increase then fair-do's but get over it. The Club are in a financial position where they need to squeeze as much money as they can out of their fans, either pay it or dont.

For what its worth, I buy mine because if I dont it may well break the habit of me going at all, its also a shared interest for me and my boys (though they dont even sit with me these days) and something for us to do on a Saturday afternoon...its also a relatively inexpensive few hours out the house.

• Like 4

So if it's £325 in the East Stand we have...

325 /18 = 18.06

/19 = 17.11

/20 = 16.25

What's the price next year PATG?

I had a quick glance at past tables on statto.com. As far as I can see, of the 16 seasons of the split:

• 15 out of the 16 seasons we have had 19 homes and 19 aways
  • One season (2009/10) we had 18 homes and 20 aways

It was a quick glance so it may be slightly different.

I think PATG is £19 East/£23 elsewhere but they will no doubt bump that up for these much heralded "premium games".

Pretty much. I believe if this season's Top 6 finish in the Top 6 again next season, then it'll be 19 home and 19 away for all.

Side note that with Rangers effectively taking Dundee Utd's "seeding", this would be the first time there could be three OF games at either Ibrox or Celtic Park, providing both teams finish in the top half. Although I think we all know what the chances of that happening are.

We should change the league to how they work it in Belgium. They've got their heads screwed on as to how to work a straightforward league set-up...

• Like 1

We had a straightforward league setup for years - even after the introduction of the SPL. Although the original SPL was a money grab by the "Big 10". The problems started when they wanted more teams AND 4 OF games each season.

I dont like the 'its only £15' patter, I really dont. £15 to one person is heehaw, but to the next can be a sum of money that they cant do without...

If £15 is a sum of money that someone can't do without, then fair play and they would have my best wishes in making ends meet.

However if that same person is spending money on going to the football at all, let alone dropping circa 300 notes on a season ticket, then they need their bank card taken from them and sent on some sort of life-choices course.

• Like 3

If £15 is a sum of money that someone can't do without, then fair play and they would have my best wishes in making ends meet.

However if that same person is spending money on going to the football at all, let alone dropping circa 300 notes on a season ticket, then they need their bank card taken from them and sent on some sort of life-choices course.

That's kind of my point as well.

If you are already spending north of 200/300 quid on a season ticket then an extra 15 quid is surely manageable no matter that situation you are in. 25p a day for the next 2 months?

If that extra 15 quid takes you over what you think you should be paying in value terms...or year on year increases just cheese you off then that is something else completely.

Affordability isn't an issue for me but value is.

In 3 or so seasons, I've went from £300 in Cooper to £345 minus a cup game. So a 20% rise isn't decent value in most environments. Particularly when the initial rise was down to the absence of Rangers, which is in conflict with the reasoning for this seasons' rise.

Looking at the bigger picture, more has to be done to attract more fans into the stands. Despite getting told that ST sales are up each year, our core support looks to have fallen. Not ideal in an era of fan ownership where monthly contributions from the support is integral to our sustainability.

The price will always go up (unless the Well go down)

You don't have to buy a season ticket for the full season there are other options and you could always pay at as you go

I do think being able to pay off my season ticket over 4 months and the club have been very helpful as I wanted to set up the standing order myself as in the past my bank has rejected forms I have filled in

the only downside was that I missed out on the early bird option but I was fine with that

• 3 weeks later...

Hamilton announce their season ticket will be £150 for adults.

Based on 19 home league games that works out at just £7.89 per game for over 16s.

That's some saving from the £22 walk up price.

Good news too for Dundee United fans. Their season ticket prices have been frozen at last season's level. Full price adult tickets only £410 - £440.

Imagine paying that to watch the season they've just had.

We're not so hard done to.

Certainly good prices which for full price adults are cheaper than many lower division clubs. However, if you pay at the gate their prices for those aged 60-64 are dearer than ours. Also season tickets for those aged 16-18 are dearer than ours. Accies can well afford to subsidise season tickets, as I suspect their season ticket income is a small proportion of their overall income.

I don't know what they have been priced at recently, but historically, Accies season tickets used to be really cheap. Good to see a club looking after their fans like that.

The prices are cheap because thats about the most they could charge people to go to that shite hole of a stadium, lower league prices for a lower league standard club

The prices are cheap because thats about the most they could charge people to go to that shite hole of a stadium, lower league prices for a lower league standard club

That would only hold true if they charged a tenner at the gate next season.

Have the Club announced the PATG prices for next season yet? If not, it is impossible to work out how many matches you need to miss to hit that point where the Season ticket is actually more expensive then going PATG if you are likely miss a few matches. You might also have to factor in what specific games you intend to sidestep.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Club were thinking about charging a premium price for certain matches....eg Rangers, Celtic , Aberdeen and Hearts (also Hibs had they been promoted). In that way they can maximise income from those teams that bring sizeable numbers to Fir Park. The downside is that PATG home fans will have to be charged the same price to meet SPFL rules and regulations. Guessing here, but £25 to watch Motherwell v Celtic against £20/22 to watch Motherwell v Ross County? An extra £5 a head from several thousand visiting fans for 8 games a season soon adds up. £200k if the average PATG number is 5000 combined home and away fans. Even if cheaper concession tickets were available for those games, a premium could still apply. As a business, Motherwell must look to increase income from those away fans, particularly with Rangers being around once again.

Buying a Season Ticket might save you more than current estimates.

The price per game argument is valid however, and the deal at Accies seems exceptional. Dundee Utd fans on the other hand are being asked to pay top division prices for watching their team in a lower division. Hardly good value in my opinion.

Depends how much the premium is. They could be working out how much of a difference there should be to get maximum return. it's obvious that no meaningful increase is likely from the home fans over the next year or so, given the drop off in attendances so it makes sense to further target away fans if you can get away with it