Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

30 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If you were at it, the last thing you'd do is admit it. 

You've definitely been found out at this level of posting. Maybe need to drop down to a subreddit and see how that goes. 

You've been hooked again, just can't stop can you. Forums are all about opinions, you seem to think your the dog's and all your opinions are the best. 

Charles Dunne played very little in his last two seasons.

Think he played about 43 games in his first and about 30 in his second.

Then about 5 over two years

47 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Cheers James, someone knows value for money 

2 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Nae hassle .... Harry(?)

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye but I'm sure he was on about 50quid a week...a shite wage thief

On 9/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, GawnUpBy? said:

I could list plenty of wage thief’s that have played for Motherwell and Dunne isn’t one of them. One actually appeared in a “Motherwell Legends” team today for Fir Park Corners anniversary do. 

Go on then, I’ll bite. Who was that? I thought we assembled a very good collection of guys who contributed to the cause .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

I'll hazard a guess that he means the Danderhall donkey.

I thought Brian Kerr was born in Bellshill.  One of the most talented natural footballers I've seen at Fir Park matched only by his ability to not give a toss most weeks and badmouthing us when he moved to Hibs.

Hopefully, he's teaching the youngsters not to approach the game the same way,

6 hours ago, Frazzie said:

Go on then, I’ll bite. Who was that? I thought we assembled a very good collection of guys who contributed to the cause .

Definitely mate, and a big well done to everyone who turned out and helped organise the event. Didn’t attend personally but from what I’ve seen on social media it was a great success.

Weeyin gets it spot on though. I could use one hand to count the number of positive contributions from Brian Kerr in a Motherwell shirt. Saturday was one of them too! 

17 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

No-one's disputing your point that he didn't contribute. People are just pointing out that isn't what wage thief means.

If someone at your work is genuinely, physically and medically unable to do their job...they still get paid while they are off recovering, and rightly so.

If someone at your work is completely fine and capable, comes to work and doesn't do anything, sits on the internet all day, terrible timekeeping and doesn't care that everyone else is having to pick up his work...and yet is happy to keep picking up his full pay, that's a wage thief.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GawnUpBy? said:

Definitely mate, and a big well done to everyone who turned out and helped organise the event. Didn’t attend personally but from what I’ve seen on social media it was a great success.

Weeyin gets it spot on though. I could use one hand to count the number of positive contributions from Brian Kerr in a Motherwell shirt. Saturday was one of them too! 

Brian Kerr? Now if ever there was a wage thief in a Motherwell jersey, there’s yer man right there. A very talented player but his stinking attitude got in the way of that.

The disrespect he showed us when he left was almost Mark McGhee levels.

Ah, fair do’s. The disrespect bit must have passed me by. I always remember his goal in the league cup against Aberdeen at Fir Park and his assist for Hamiltons worldy so I thought he was alright! 

And to be fair, agreeing to take part in something like Saturday for ‘Well fans redeems any disrespect he may have shown in the past- especially as he was one of the guys that stayed to the bitter end. He’s fine by me.

Great to see McKinstry doing so well down there, highly thought of for sure by Bielsa. Wee bit disappointing we didn’t manage to see his passion for the game in a ‘well jersey but that’s the nature of the beast now and I reckon he’ll play for his beloved well at some point in his hopefully successful career.  Have we potentially missed out on seeing the new McFadden?

Most important question though, do we have sell ons in place? £££

Edited by GawnUpBy?

Great to see the kid doing so well and making his mark although it’s sad that we never got to see him break into our first team proper. That’s something that’s so frustrating in modern football, any talented young prospect we bring through and we’re lucky to even get half a season out of them.

37 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Polworth on bench for killie tonight,  Tommy Wright be best to avoid twitter tonight!! Lol

How the mighty have fallen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Polworth on bench for killie tonight,  Tommy Wright be best to avoid twitter tonight!! Lol

oh oh     mrs polworth will be calling kilmarnock a shite hole              next stop irish league             then doon the miners

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

oh oh     mrs polworth will be calling kilmarnock a shite hole              next stop irish league             then doon the miners

Dont diss the Irish league it cannot be that bad .

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Curtis main scoring for St Mirren to put them 3-2 up against Aberdeen.

Not according to the BBC sports page, Markus Fraser accredited goal. 

1 minute ago, Robbos boy said:

Not according to the BBC sports page, Markus Fraser accredited goal. 

Watching it live on sky, they reckon Main got a touch on it, livescore also crediting Main, but seeing it on slow motion replay its dubious Main touched it to be fair.