Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Marc Fitzpatrick is probably the most mis-treated player by the fans in my time watching Motherwell. Done his pan in every game, was an important part of a very good team and gave us one of our best moments ever. And somehow his face didn't fit and he got absolute pelters every week.

Regardless of his standing with the support, that winner at Easter Road was wild.

Limbs everywhere.

I liked Fitzy from an effort point of view. But he was simply not good enough for the top level in Scotland.

Thats it in a nutshell. His wonder goal at Easter Road raised fan expectations to an unrealistic level and it was simply not typical of his style of play. The same was also true of Shaun Fagan. Fitzy was an unassuming player who did a lot of unnoticed spade work and wasn't in any way a flair player. Was he unfairly released? Well what has he done since leaving us? That tells its own story.

The same could also be said of Jack Leitch. I believe he's now playing at Airdrie and good luck to him. Seemingly not good enough for a Championship team, although he does have most of his career ahead of him.

Just seen the highlights of the Birmingham/Sheffield Wednesday game with Juke scoring a late winner.

All 3 goals scored by players who not too long ago were playin in the SPL. Hooper for Wednesday, Donaldson and Juke for Birmingham.

Chris Humphrey with an own goal as well.

Just seen the highlights of the Birmingham/Sheffield Wednesday game with Juke scoring a late winner.

All 3 goals scored by players who not too long ago were playin in the SPL. Hooper for Wednesday, Donaldson and Juke for Birmingham.

Chris Humphrey with an own goal as well.

Juke's first goal since he scored against Birmingham for Bolton in May 2014. Decent enough striker but he does seem to go on really long runs without a goal throughout his career (although he had only played 30+ games during this drought).

Juke's first goal since he scored against Birmingham for Bolton in May 2014. Decent enough striker but he does seem to go on really long runs without a goal throughout his career (although he had only played 30+ games during this drought).

His drought at Burnley was pretty severe. Didn't manage a single goal for them.

Turned into a goal machine too. I noticed he scored late on against Airdrie then was almost immediately sent off. I have it in my minds eye him scoring for Stenny, running the length of the field to give the Section B a Higdonesque GIRUY before taking his leave to a standing ovation.

Dare say in reality it was a shade more mundane...

• Like 2

25 years ago on 18 Sept 1991, the Club played its first modern Euro game in the UEFA Cup Winners cup.

Apart from those taken far too early where are they now? ( and is the list accurate? (( it was a long drink fuelled journey)))

TEAM:

Thomson,

Griffin,

Nijholt,

Dolan,

Philliben,

McCart,

Russell,

O'Donnell,

McLeod,

Kirk,

Cooper.

Cusack (s),

Gardner (s)

SUBS NOT USED:

Dykstra,

Ferguson,

Shepherd

Nathan Thomas seems to have really hit the ground running for Hartlepool, I remember there being a lot of unhappy Plymouth fans when he left as well, I'm sure his problem though was his attitude ? Anyway, banging in goals for fun now....every Hartlepool goal of month contender belongs to him

I presume he scored all their goals in September? It must be a bit tongue in cheek, as 2 of them were tap ins and one, possibly 2 were crosses.

:lol: