The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

He has scored literally, physically, metaphorically and actually 4 goals this season

I should have said league goals tbf.

I do like Cadden and think he's a very good player for where we're at but as far as I'm concerned the only way he's going to the Championship anytime soon is if his technique and end product improve or if somebody takes a punt on him, a la Erwin and Heneghan.

• Like 1

Does his best work on the right side of midfield going forward and I think we need to get him back to full fitness to be an asset for us .No doubt he will move on but no hurry I feel another season at FP injury free will do him the world of good

• Like 1

Cadden is a great prospect and has managed to accrue a lot of first team appearances at a young age. This of course will stand him in good stead when an eventual move occurs.

The difficulty for him is, like others have said, the market Motherwell trade in and the perception within the trade that Scottish football is considered inferior to the championship and on par with mid to lower 3rd tier English football.

Playing wing back is good preparation for life south of the border as many teams currently play with wing backs within the presently fashionable 352 and 4231 formations.

That level of football is awash with strong and fast wingers, many of whom are young (u23) home grown loanees from the EPL or Championship.

Whether we as fans like it or not, Cadds would be considered League 1 level at best until proven at that level. Our selling price and potential suitors will reflect that.

• Like 1

A decent scout will see through the "fog" that frequently surrounds players. They look for raw talent and athleticism and can disregard distractions such as if players are being played out of position; asked to do things they are unsuited for or playing alongside players who don't help them.

Cadden is a great prospect and has managed to accrue a lot of first team appearances at a young age. This of course will stand him in good stead when an eventual move occurs.

The difficulty for him is, like others have said, the market Motherwell trade in and the perception within the trade that Scottish football is considered inferior to the championship and on par with mid to lower 3rd tier English football.

Playing wing back is good preparation for life south of the border as many teams currently play with wing backs within the presently fashionable 352 and 4231 formations.

That level of football is awash with strong and fast wingers, many of whom are young (u23) home grown loanees from the EPL or Championship.

Whether we as fans like it or not, Cadds would be considered League 1 level at best until proven at that level. Our selling price and potential suitors will reflect that.

On the Cadden chat, I'm not entirely convinced he even wants to leave just now. He's a local lad and any interview I've heard he sounds genuinely satisfied playing for a team a stones throw away from his house. Everyone has ambitions but I don't get the feeling he will be jumping at the chance to play with some bottom half League 1 dirge down south if that's the calibre of team we think that would be interested. Jamie Walker has just signed for the league leaders there and I don't see Cadden as being much different from him. Clearly Aberdeen or any Scottish team aren't going to stump up the 800-900k it would take to prize him away so I don't see any chance of movement in this window. Cadden hasn't been amazing this season but as many have alluded to he's playing a lot deeper and that probably doesn't suit him. He's still young and has great potential, if he can kick on I think he will easily get a better level of team than is being talked about here.

On the Cadden chat, I'm not entirely convinced he even wants to leave just now. He's a local lad and any interview I've heard he sounds genuinely satisfied playing for a team a stones throw away from his house. Everyone has ambitions but I don't get the feeling he will be jumping at the chance to play with some bottom half League 1 dirge down south if that's the calibre of team we think that would be interested. Jamie Walker has just signed for the league leaders there and I don't see Cadden as being much different from him. Clearly Aberdeen or any Scottish team aren't going to stump up the 800-900k it would take to prize him away so I don't see any chance of movement in this window. Cadden hasn't been amazing this season but as many have alluded to he's playing a lot deeper and that probably doesn't suit him. He's still young and has great potential, if he can kick on I think he will easily get a better level of team than is being talked about here.

I agree with regards to his desire to stay put for now. He strikes me as being quite switched on and is reminiscent of Murphy in that respect.

I havent seen anyone say that he will likely go to league 1 dross and I cant imagine the prospect of that will appeal.

None the less, English football is a competitive workplace and unless Cadds does become the best player in the SPL, regardless of who he goes to, there is an inevitability to him having to go to places like Doncaster on a cold Tuesday night in the pishing wet if he does make a move south and wants to climb the pyramid.

When faced with the same decisions, I think Murphy played it just right

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic