The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Stephen O'Donnell & Aaron Taylor-Sinclair are out of contract in England this summer, was always impressed wi them at Partick. Still young and prob wouldnt cost the earth.

Agreed we also need the experienced scottish core to help the youngsters and non league guys. McManus is struggling, Skippy will be off, and Las,Hammell & Samson are just not premiership players anymore

Craig Moore is also out-of-contract this summer; not sure if he has done enough on loan to earn a new deal?

That would depend what division we are in.

I don't think we can assess our rebuild until we know where we will be.

Talking of goalkeepers, how about Jamie McDonald as he seems to be out of favour at Kilmarnock

Again, not the biggest of keepers so you're going to have to have 2 defensively excellent full backs and 2 towering centre backs to defend him.

Aye, it's going to be a big rebuilding job this summer

From the current squad by my count we need a goalkeeper, 2 strikers, and a whole new midfield and defence hahaha

Leaving:

McDonald - Pretty confident he will go back to Oz. He has been making noise for the last few windows.

Lasley - I love Keith, but now is the time. Retire.

Samson - No words. Let him go and find his level in the first division.

Faddy - Retire.

Chalmers - Please go.

Pearson - Think he will go back to India for some more $$$ and can't blame him tbh.

Kennedy - Never really made any sort of impact. Release

Lucas - Good ability, terrible injury record. Shouldn't have been signed in the first place.

Ferguson - Back into the youth team.

Jules - Return to sender.

Hammell - Retire.

Thomas - Let him go to Div 1 club, not SPL quality.

Blyth - leave.

Keep:

Ainsworth - I really think Lionel has something to offer when his head is in the game, it depends what happens between now and the summer.

McManus - Keep but phase on to the bench please.

Heneghan - Keep, I am a fan.

McHugh - Probably one of the best players in the team just now.

Clay - For the bench

Moult - He will go to a championship team for ~1million

Bowman - Keep he is improving

If ainsworth had anything to offer, it would have been nice if he offered it in the last year or so. I'm sure we can get an attacking bench warmer for cheaper.

He might have offered something as an attacking right winger. Difficult to tell when he was being played as a defensive left mid.

Probably a good time for him to move on, though, and get a fresh start somewhere else.

Aye, it's going to be a big rebuilding job this summer

From the current squad by my count we need a goalkeeper, 2 strikers, and a whole new midfield and defence hahaha

Leaving:

McDonald - Pretty confident he will go back to Oz. He has been making noise for the last few windows.

Lasley - I love Keith, but now is the time. Retire.

Samson - No words. Let him go and find his level in the first division.

Faddy - Retire.

Chalmers - Please go.

Pearson - Think he will go back to India for some more $$$ and can't blame him tbh.

Kennedy - Never really made any sort of impact. Release

Lucas - Good ability, terrible injury record. Shouldn't have been signed in the first place.

Ferguson - Back into the youth team.

Jules - Return to sender.

Hammell - Retire.

Thomas - Let him go to Div 1 club, not SPL quality.

Blyth - leave.

Keep:

Ainsworth - I really think Lionel has something to offer when his head is in the game, it depends what happens between now and the summer.

McManus - Keep but phase on to the bench please.

Heneghan - Keep, I am a fan.

McHugh - Probably one of the best players in the team just now.

Clay - For the bench

Moult - He will go to a championship team for ~1million

Bowman - Keep he is improving

I'm hearing rumours at the valley and on charlton forums that Karl Robinson will be having a mass clear out, has already drawn up his wishlist and is very keen on signing Louis Moult. Louis would excel in league 1 and in my opinion, clubs like charlton or bradford would be a more sensible move like Jamie Murphy has proven.

It's a question of money of course and as much as I'd love to get to watch him every other week at the valley, I don't think they'd pay the money we want.

• Andy_P locked this topic