The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Fisher looks like the sort of penalty box striker John Sutton was. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

Bigirimana I haven't saw before but sounds like a great signing for the club, I am excited to see him now also.

• Like 1

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/bigi-joins-motherwell.76850/

Wee mixture of good luck big man, no great loss, gutted, don't the door hit you on the arse, judas and all sorts of shite chat about money that is almost certainly shite.

I've been checking in on that thread at regular intervals through the afternoon for a laugh. Hugely entertaining to read that he's clearly only moved to Motherwell for the money.

Incidentally, Robinson's saying in the video that just went up on the YouTube channel that we're at advanced stages of talks with another 3 players and is hopeful of adding a couple early next week.

• Like 1

Gael seems a nice guy, and down to earth. His story is something too, with him originally moving to the U.K. as a refugee, and the shenanigans with his international career.

As far as Robbo's interview goes, I am encouraged by the amount of work he is putting in personally to identify and secure the signings. Doesn't guarantee there won't be a Blyth or a fletcher in there, but I get the impression that he won't be taking a punt on anyone and he has clear idea of what he needs.

As far as Robbo's interview goes, I am encouraged by the amount of work he is putting in personally

This! And im excited to see how things pan out next season. Even in his last interview he mentioned he only had a couple days break down south during which he was still focussed on us. Makes a welcome change....mcghee used to get that every week!

On the signings, so far so good imo. Don't know much about bigirimana but sounds like he has all the attributes and needs regular football to progress. I liked Fisher when I saw him play last year. Sounds like he had his injury problems at caley but hopefully a decent pre season with us and he can carry his recent form into next season. End of the day 8 goals in 25 games (1 in 3ish) last season isn't a bad return at all, all be it most of them in the run in.

Nice range of goals from Fisher in that, admittedly short, video. A threat in the air, poacher's goals and some impressive instinctive strikes.

Never one to trust wikipedia football stats, but if true - while he's not had a huge number of games over the years his goals to games ratio looks decent.

Cadden Bigrimana McHugh Frear

This is the first time in a long while we have started a season with a strong looking midfield.

Assuming Cads is the player we saw in the first half of the season.

I'm happy that we've got our summer signing spree underway. Fisher has Premiership experience and has a good physique but has a chequered past record. I see him more as a replacement for Bowman to be honest although he seems to have more in his armoury. Apparently we beat off other top flight competition from other teams so that must say something.

Bigi...I know nothing about but going by reactions on here he seems a real capture. No question that our midfield needs strengthening.

Both lads have my full support as they'll play in C & A.

We need more cover in central midfield, another striker, and defenders, defenders, defenders oh and a goalie or two.

Really pleased with today's two signings. Fisher looks like an ideal capture to bolster our striker options, and I'm really excited to see Bigirimana in action - I don't claim to be the slightest bit knowledgeable about the guy, but it seems anybody who has seen him play thinks we've got ourselves a real coup here.

It's these kind of signings that will hopefully highlight how we're moving in the right direction both on and off the park. Recruitment like this certainly doesn't seem to match up with claims that fan-ownership can't sustain a decent playing squad or that the mythical Burrows dictatorship is driving the club to ruin.

In reality, it seems we're actually in quite a good place right now. Buzzing for the new season already!

• Like 8

With Bigirimana in, Id love to see us go 4-3-3 next season with McHugh,Bigirimana and Cadden in the midfield. That trio would arguably be the strongest in the league outwith the Old Firm.

McHugh and Bigirimana will be a pretty tasty foundation for the team now. Id be delighted with those 2 in the middle in a 4-4-2, with Cadden in a midfield 3 or a great combo in a 4-2-3-1, certainly more mouth watering than another 35 games with Clay or Lasley treading water

Incisive comment, not bad response about 5 hours after i made the comment. You must regale us more with your wisdom

You need to have a wee lie down and a chill the fuck oot!!!!

Ps

Apologies for having read your post a full 5 hours after you'd posted it, if you can let me know how to set up a 'well well post alert', I promise I'll never miss you talking pish on here again.

Now away and rinse yer knickers out!!!

Apologies for having read your post a full 5 hours after you'd posted it, if you can let me know how to set up a 'well well post alert', I promise I'll never miss you talking pish on here again.

Actually I pretty much have one of those, just need to subscribe to threads on the forum to get them in your email, then set up notifications for whatever email folder you filter them into...

• Andy_P locked this topic