League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Teams are going to put high balls on top of Carson at every opportunity.

A goalkeeper that was screaming to keep his back four organised all night in Edinburgh, something we've not seen since Randolph?

Jesus Christ, Megan Fox and Mila Kunis could appear at your door with six

bottles of Krug, asking for a threesome and you'd complain because they hadn't brought pizza as well.

• Like 2

A goalkeeper that was screaming to keep his back four organised all night in Edinburgh, something we've not seen since Randolph?

Jesus Christ, Megan Fox and Mila Kunis could appear at your door with six

bottles of Krug, asking for a threesome and you'd complain because they hadn't brought pizza as well.

Pepperoni or Margharita?

Today's game was very similar to the one in Edinburgh earlier this week. In both we enjoyed plenty of possession, played cross after after cross into the opposition box and frustratingly lacked a cutting edge. All 3 goals came from low crosses, Davie Cooper style. Still we won and remain undefeated. Thats the bottom line.

A strange starting line up which didn't last long due to Hammell's injury but even in that short time we looked very disjointed down the left. Like Ropy I was and still am very concerned at the lack of central defensive cover and to play McHugh back in defence was a throw back to last season and weakened the midfield. Was McManus punished for a poor defensive display in midweek? I just couldn't figure out playing with one striker against a side who came to park their bus. I assume, for no other reason than I can't think of a feasible alternative explanation, that Robbo set us up this way simply to practice this formation for the coming league campaign. He would have played this way irrespective of the opposition. To field one solitary striker against an ultra defensive outfit doesn't make sense unless all your strikers are injured. It rendered Tanner's role largely meaningless and unnecessary. It also affected Rose's game too.

Frear was my MOTM although Kipre continues to impress. Dunne too looked good and although his passing wasn't 100% he was very quick and looks to be an excellent defender with good positional sense. Tait didn't have a bad game although he was done for pace quite a few times. McHugh was badly missed in central midfield and on 2/3 occasions Berwick found a direct opening on goal in the middle which better sides would have taken advantage of. Despite us having a bigger team than last term Berwick proved no physical pushovers and more than held their own unless Kipre or perhaps Dunne was involved. We continue to have problems up front but to be fair Moult looked far from being match fit. He is also no target man - never was and never will be. Fisher again failed to impress when he appeared. Newell? Looked very sharp and energetic although a little frail.

We still need another striker, be it Newell or someone completely new, and most certainly another central defender - like now please.

• Like 2

Unlike most, I really enjoyed yesterday's game.

Thought we controlled it against quite a tidy side who just sat in.

Goalkeeper did nothing but catch a couple of crosses and organise. Can't ask for more.

Defence were never troubled.

Losing Hammell and moving McHugh back rocked us a bit for 10 mins but overall killed the effectiveness of our midfield. Both defensively and in supporting attack. Playing with 1 striker and piling crosses in is all good but we need a couple of the midfielders pushing forward more and creating and taking quality chances. In the first half we failed to do that.

Wing play was good and Frear was put most potent threat in 1st half. Cadden and Tait also very effective.

Moult did ok but clearly not sharp, as you would expect.

Impressed with Newell when he came in. Fisher bowed a couple of great link up plays, layed off two cracking balls to the side and could have had a goal. He did lose the ball a couple of times though and looks less than match sharp too.

Our midfield is definitely better than it was last season although the mix wasn't quite right when McHugh stepped back into defence. Had he been available I think Campbell would have been the perfect deputy. A few have been bemoaning recently the lack of first team exposure for young up and coming players like Campbell. Thats all very well but they have to slot in to a position for which they are suited. As we've seen last season its no good having 3/4/5 central midfield players if they are all slow and defensive. Its too early to judge Carson in goal as he's had little to do and in 3 games I've only seen him flap at a cross once. If the defence and midfield do their job its purely academic anyway as he'll only be required to deal with crosses once in a blue moon as Andy Goram pointed out several times. I think Carson is entitled to expect more aerial protection than Samson was ever afforded.

As the midfield is not only better but better balanced, that will give the defence more protection and the strikers more support. It will also ensure that Moult, or his successor, is not the only source of goals, as we've seen. However, we are over reliant on Moult and that has to be addressed.

Would rather avoid Hibs as I think they will be the best of the unseeded teams. Be nice to get someone we havent played for a while so Dunfermline has appeal. They should also bring a decent support. Ultimately anyone at home should give us a chance to progress.

Dunfermline at home would be ideal.

Dunfermline have been in very good form for the whole of 2017, only lost 4 out of 25 matches - including 3 draws against Premiership teams.

Think they will be up there challenging for promotion this season and I think this would be a tricky tie with Motherwell with the dreaded 'favourites' status.

Hearts were absolute mince yesterday and still drew with Dunfermline. Morton were one of the on-form teams last season (and made the play-offs) and we scraped a home win against them - as favourites.

Any Championship team at home is an ideal draw.

My prediction is a difficult away tie. Because it's the Motherwell way of things to be seeded and see a non seeded team get an easier draw. For example, would any of us be stunned to see Hamilton get Ayr Utd at home while we are away to Hibs...?

Yes, thats by no means unlikely Greg. As you say its the Motherwell way.

My prediction is a difficult away tie. Because it's the Motherwell way of things to be seeded and see a non seeded team get an easier draw. For example, would any of us be stunned to see Hamilton get Ayr Utd at home while we are away to Hibs...?

This! 100%

Rangers will also get a home tie.

Dunfermline have been in very good form for the whole of 2017, only lost 4 out of 25 matches - including 3 draws against Premiership teams.

Think they will be up there challenging for promotion this season and I think this would be a tricky tie with Motherwell with the dreaded 'favourites' status.

This season Motherwell are 4 wins from 4 under the dreaded favourites tag...