League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Likewise, think Dunne done OK yesterday. He has a bit of pace, decent enough in the air and his composure is better than some other defenders over the years. His slight down fall is he is very prone to a very wild pass - but if he had solid distribution as well he wouldn't be playing with us!

Think the back three from yesterday of Dunne, Kipre and Hennigan all compliment each other well and we are definitely more assured at the back than we were for the majority of last season.

• Like 1

Can't believe the stick Dunne is getting, thought the guy had a decent game .

Got to pick someone that's deemed 'shite' though. Dunne currently nosing ahead of Rose, for some reason.

I thought Rose was actually okay tbh. Linked up quite well with Frear and Tanner. Still not sure if he offers more than Campbell or Maclean though.

I'm still not entirely convinced that Dunne doesn't have the potential for a few Julesy moments but having a full back with genuine pace like him is massive advantage for us. There were one or two occasions yesterday where it looked like Morelos or Candeias were going to go one on one but Dunne caught up with them comfortably.

Yesterday was Dunne's first game against top level opposition for months. Typical of a section of our support to write him off after that.

I should be used to it by now, but it still amazes me that some people don't understand about the development of new players in a team.

• Like 3

I thought the problem in the first half was that Cadden seemed to be tasked with tracking Dorrans rather than being free to play his natural game. When Dorrans drifted inside, Cadden followed him leaving acres of space behind Tait who was instructed to push forward. I lost track of how many times Tait was forced to chase back 60 yards because a terrible crossfield pass (McHugh?) was intercepted and no-one was filling in behind. Windass and Wallace must have thought it was Christmas. Also stretched our back three which created even more gaps. Despite that,we matched Rangers and created a good few chances.

Second half, Cadden was freed up and Tait had cover whenever he pushed forward. Windass and Wallace more or less disappeared as an attacking force. Cadden was also able to drive forward and create problems for Rangers....and Dorrans if you recall his booking. Found the match both encouraging and frustrating. So near but miss out again.

Thought our defence was much improved on last season and that includes the much maligned Dunne. Fisher did well when he came on but disappointed by Rose. Would have preferred Campbell's battling qualities to close down Rangers midfielders. Surprised at how much time McHugh wanted on the ball. Robbed countless times.

First game of the season for me and pleased with the progress I saw. Although, like some, the persistance in playing with a back three worries me

• Like 1

I thought Rose was actually okay tbh. Linked up quite well with Frear and Tanner. Still not sure if he offers more than Campbell or Maclean though.

I'm still not entirely convinced that Dunne doesn't have the potential for a few Julesy moments but having a full back with genuine pace like him is massive advantage for us. There were one or two occasions yesterday where it looked like Morelos or Candeias were going to go one on one but Dunne caught up with them comfortably.

This is pretty much where I am with Rose and Dunne as well tbh.

As far as Dunne goes, I'd imagine he'll have a performance at some point that will be worth talking about binning him for someone that we've never seen play but yesterday wasn't it IMO.

I'm still not entirely convinced that Dunne doesn't have the potential for a few Julesy moments but having a full back with genuine pace like him is massive advantage for us.

Yeah, me too, I wasn't slating Rose, just highlighting the current running order of the two.

I don't disagree, either. He did the hard bit yesterday and caught...Candieas (I think) then dawdled instead of emptying it in a direction. That said, as highlighted, he's not had a lot of football recently, so you'd hope that part of his game improves.

Comparisons to Jules are wild, given that Dunne looks at least that he knows what a football is, so far, and has looked okay in the main.

Comparisons to Jules are wild, given that Dunne looks at least that he knows what a football is, so far, and has looked okay in the main.

Tbh I only had one specific incident in mind, where he hesitated to make a clearance and let Candeias rob him at the byline. Dunne was fine in the main though, I just think the last few years of Angol, Straker, Chalmers and Jules have scarred me and left me overly critical of all left backs.

We were having a semi serious conversation at the game, and I reckoned Rose had done nothing that I couldn't have done, I think he eventually won a header that was probably a bit high for me.

Complete pointless signing based on what I've seen so far!

• Like 1

Instead of taking alternate penalities, Team A takes the first, Team B the second and third, Team A the 4th etc.

The idea is to reduce the advantage/disadvantage of winning the coin toss and taking them first.

Every time a team scores they play Dancing Queen over the tannoy.

(One of those may not be 100% true).

I assumed that to be the case (not the Dancing Queen bit) but it doesn't stop me thinking about bizarre situations involving Swedes in flares and jumpsuits.

• Like 1

I thought last week we decided it was Tanner that would get stick, I can't keep up.

Fans, like players, can often struggle for consistency early in the season..

While I am not rushing to label him as a bad signing, Andy Rose is the one that's impressed me the least. Not entirely sure what he contributes. But I haven't seen enough of him for me to write him off...

County got a decent result at Dens at the weekend but I'm reasonably optimistic about this one. First 15 mins aside we went toe to toe with Rangers who despite being pretty average for a Rangers team have spent £10m this summer and will no doubt be top 4 this season - this was also without Bigi, and Moult and McHugh having absolute stinkers - arguably our 3 best players.

I'd like to see us go to a straight 4-4-2 and possibly start Fisher instead of Moult up front if 2 games in 3 days is too much for him returning from injury. I thought Fisher looked good when he came on and was unlucky not to score.

Hopefully Tanner can find some pockets of space to play in as Andrew Davis will have a field day if we continually shell crosses into the box.

2-1 'Well. Cadden, and Fisher with the winner.

Yesterday was Dunne's first game against top level opposition for months. Typical of a section of our support to write him off after that.

I should be used to it by now, but it still amazes me that some people don't understand about the development of new players in a team.

Will be the same people who go on about "giving the youth a chance"

• Like 1

I thought the problem in the first half was that Cadden seemed to be tasked with tracking Dorrans rather than being free to play his natural game. When Dorrans drifted inside, Cadden followed him leaving acres of space behind Tait who was instructed to push forward. I lost track of how many times Tait was forced to chase back 60 yards because a terrible crossfield pass (McHugh?) was intercepted and no-one was filling in behind. Windass and Wallace must have thought it was Christmas. Also stretched our back three which created even more gaps. Despite that,we matched Rangers and created a good few chances.

Second half, Cadden was freed up and Tait had cover whenever he pushed forward. Windass and Wallace more or less disappeared as an attacking force. Cadden was also able to drive forward and create problems for Rangers....and Dorrans if you recall his booking. Found the match both encouraging and frustrating. So near but miss out again.

Thought our defence was much improved on last season and that includes the much maligned Dunne. Fisher did well when he came on but disappointed by Rose. Would have preferred Campbell's battling qualities to close down Rangers midfielders. Surprised at how much time McHugh wanted on the ball. Robbed countless times.

First game of the season for me and pleased with the progress I saw. Although, like some, the persistance in playing with a back three worries me

Pretty much 100% my view too.

On the back 3, I don't think it will work all the time. But, on the plus side, Robinson isn't scared to change things up.