Scottish Premiership Game 1: Rangers (H) Sunday 06/08/17 13:30

Andy_P

I'm sure I remember someone posting a summary of the rules after the ICT game a couple of seasons ago. From what I can remember the upshot was basically "it favours the attacking team". So given that Rangers scored from it, it would be unlikely to be retaken unless someone seriously intruded and got in the keeper's way.

I am sure it's in the attacking teams favour if the encroacher is a defender. ball goes in but defender was 5 yards in the box, goal. Keeper saves defender is 5 yards in, re-take.

Pretty sure Kenny Miller is not allowed to encroach.

I am sure it's in the attacking teams favour if the encroacher is a defender. ball goes in but defender was 5 yards in the box, goal. Keeper saves defender is 5 yards in, re-take.

Pretty sure Kenny Miller is not allowed to encroach.

You may very well be right, my memory's a bit fuzzy. It's probably more likely to be "favour the guy in the Rangers shirt" :P

• Like 2

If the attackers are in the box and it's scored, it should be a retake. If it's missed then play should continue.

If the defenders encroach and it's missed it should be retaken. If it's scored the goal stands.

Very, very rarely applied to be honest. The ICT one should have been retaken a second time actually.

• Like 1

Maybe they should just simplify it, so that once the penalty taker kicks it, it's a goal if he scores and goal kick to the defending team if he misses (including saves from the keeper).

That way, encroaching is pointless.

I think it was a few shy of 10k. Not quite 12k, but must be one of the highest attendances at Fir Park for a good while.

Yep, 9974 was the official figure. Always expect a few more for first home game of the season (even though it technically wasn't), but given we probably lost a few to time/day/live telly, a very healthy turnout.

Yep, 9974 was the official figure. Always expect a few more for first home game of the season (even though it technically wasn't), but given we probably lost a few to time/day/live telly, a very healthy turnout.

Cheers. Missed the game and was told it was over 12k.

We'll have lost a few due the opposition as well.

Cheers. Missed the game and was told it was over 12k.

We'll have lost a few due the opposition as well.

I'm sure they're was a club employee statement on the Friday expecting around 11k , so good chunk of the difference could well be absent season ticket holders