Scottish Premiership Game 13: Aberdeen (A) 18/11/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I'm sure the board must have some figure, that if it's met they would sell in January. The tricky part obviously being the guesstimating of how much more money we make by keeping him. On the other hand if we sell him we can also add on our sell on clause. I haven't done the research or the maths but I think it would have to be a pretty hefty sum for us to sell him in January.

Probably merits a separate thread and will no doubt get one.

I suspect if we get £500k we will sell Moult in Jan transfer window. One assumes we would have another target lined up. Whoever it is will struggle to match the impact of Louis. Like following Fergie at Man U !

We turned down £350k in the summer we are led to believe and thank Christ neither Aberdeen or Rangers or anyone else were willing to meet our asking price. We have made the that amount and more from the Betfred Cup run. So a good decision it turns out.

Who is to say there wont be a similar impact in New year. If we get a decent run in Scottish cup and finish 2-3 places up the league that would take care of any transfer fee. But it may be too much to expect same again. £500k is still a significant chunk of money for Motherwell. The good news is we are unlikely to let him leave for less and any interested clubs would now know that. The money from League cup, Celtic Champions league Marvin sell on means we are under no pressure. That said we have project Brave to fund for the foreseeable future.

If he goes you just hope it is not to one of the ugly 2 up here.

Unless he fancies us for a cup double he will be off in January if anyone is prepared to pay money for him. I doubt we are in a good bargaining position for a sell on fee this time. Waiting for the end of the season provides him with more choice but a January sale brings the security he is looking for.

That result means we will still be top six after the two Celtic league games, not a bad position, especially if we have a trophy in the cabinet

After today's result, unless we take two humpings from Celtic we will still be 5th going into the next set of games.

The SPFL has a dubious goals panel who make the official decision.

Personally, I'd much rather any milestone our player reaches is officially recognised. We're hardly going to be impartial when judging whether a goal is an OG or one of our own.

You sure? I was certain that went down as a Lewis OG - the SPFL site has it listed as that.

Breakdown on twitter -

Hamilton (7), Aberdeen & Ross County (5), Celtic & Rangers (4), Kilmarnock, Dundee & Partick Thistle (3), St Johnstone, Morton, ICT, Hearts, Annan & Hibs (2) & East Fife, Cove Rangers, Dundee Utd & Queen's Park (1).

The 5 vs Aberdeen would need to include that league cup double.

4 against Celtic in 8 games , same against Rangers and more against Aberdeen! That proves he can do it in big games!! Add the 50 goals in around 90 games for us and its a wonder were even still speaking about prices in January. The amount of money in the Championship its insane to think noone has bid 7 figures for him.

I believe he is gonna score the winner on sunday! If he does, he can waltz off in January with MFC receiving a hefty 6 figure fee and the man himself picking up a well deserved signing fee and heavy wage increase

Unless someone offers silly money for Louis in January Id let him sign his pre contract. Regardless of what happens next Sunday, we have to be viewing a decent Scottish Cup run and top 6 finish as within our reasonable expectations now. It would need to be £400k plus to test our resolve imho. His goals since the start of season have upped the ante.

Unless someone offers silly money for Louis in January Id let him sign his pre contract. Regardless of what happens next Sunday, we have to be viewing a decent Scottish Cup run and top 6 finish as within our reasonable expectations now. It would need to be £400k plus to test our resolve imho. His goals since the start of season have upped the ante.

£500k means £375k to us and £125k to Wrexham. £375k to us is basically a couple Scottish Cup games and 2 league placings. Would we replace Moult's goals with the £100k or so the club would get after everyone has taken their cut?

Getting to this final makes the club around £900k apparently, the vast majority of which we wouldve never budgeted for! We are now in a good position. Id suggest the club should have a base of £650k , bid that and we will entertain it, lesser bids will be politely fucked into the bin

• Like 1

Im of the view we just let him go for nothing in the summer. As others have said I think his worth over the next few months is greater than taking a fee in January. We will finish top 6 with him, maybe not without him and that matters, even for next seasons season ticket sales. Lets give him a huge thank you send off end of the season and wish him luck for the future.

£500k means £375k to us and £125k to Wrexham. £375k to us is basically a couple Scottish Cup games and 2 league placings. Would we replace Moult's goals with the £100k or so the club would get after everyone has taken their cut?

Getting to this final makes the club around £900k apparently, the vast majority of which we wouldve never budgeted for! We are now in a good position. Id suggest the club should have a base of £650k , bid that and we will entertain it, lesser bids will be politely fucked into the bin

I would happily go with your figure and the club have played a blinder on this one, all depends how they see the sums adding up. A sell on clause might make us think again.