Scottish Premiership Game 14: Celtic (H) 29/11/17 19:45

CoF

I dont think the refs are cheats, they are just weak. Its easy to give a big decision against Motherwell.

That's corruption. They know if they give Celtic every decision there is no chance of them losing their pay day in Scotland or Europe.

When the SFA choose not to punish Sinclair for diving to get an opponent sent off in a national final or they rescind Brown's red at Dingwall they send a message to the refs that they want preferential treatment for one team. The refs clearly get the message that helping Celtic helps their bank account.

• Like 1

With many others, I'm genuinely sitting with that "What the fucks the point" feeling right now.

Thought Robinson did well in his interview but as I've just pointed out, I don't think we as a club can be sitting in silence over this. As I've just posted in the other thread, the most diplomatic way to do it would be to publically seek clarification from the SFA about how refs are currently judging contact in the box.

With many others, I'm genuinely sitting with that "What the fucks the point" feeling right now.

Thought Robinson did well in his interview but as I've just pointed out, I don't think we as a club can be sitting in silence over this. As I've just posted in the other thread, the most diplomatic way to do it would be to publically seek clarification from the SFA about how refs are currently judging contact in the box.

Weve done that before with the series of red cards last season and it does f**k all. The only way it goes anywhere is if the media kick up a fuss, which they wont because were not one of the gruesome twosome. They have a target audience (who both think the medias all out to get them), and stories about poor little motherwell being cheated dont hit their demographic.

Im not really cross about the result. Celtic probably merited a point overall. Its just the manner in which it occurred is so hard to take. Especially after Sunday. There can be no excuses for the referee on this occasion. It happens right in front of him and he has the best view possible. It is just inexplicable.

It shouldnt take away from tbe performance of our team though. Yet again they gave us absolutely everything. We should remember that before anyone decides to abandon them on Saturday......

• Like 3

Weve done that before with the series of red cards last season and it does f**k all.

I recall that and personally thought it was a load of shite. Seeking clarity on going over the ball and studding a players shin was only going to have one answer.

This is different all together when we have two identical incidents of players reacting severely disproportionately to the amount of contact they have received. It's a different level of gamesmanship which appears to have been accepted by the SFA.

You are right though..... it'll do fuck all. Apart from maybe make me feel a wee bit better that we've done something.

Are you kidding on? Burrows is probably giving Rodgers and Lawell a shoe shine.

I actually rate Burrows, wasnt impressed when he got the job, felt it was jobs for the boys stuff.

However, this comment is 100% spot on! And its not just Alan Burrows, its every other Chairman/CEO/COO in Scotland as well. When Rangers died, every club in Scottish football had the opportunity to mould a brave new world, to take control of our game for the better of EVERY CLUB! We shat it, we walked up to Lawell with our begging bowl and let him beat us with it, then knelt down and let him decide how HE wanted Scottish Football to run. Every single fan of Scottish Football (Old Firm apart) wanted our leaders to take control and instead we lined up and bent over for Peter Lawell! That was the beginning of the end, what we are seeing now is a direct result of that.

Referees know what benefits them most and make decisions accordingly, Happy Celtic means gravy train keeps rolling

• Like 1

Did anyone notice Moulty trying to replay Sunday's penalty, albeit with a lot more contact from Simunovic? He just laughs when the ref waves it away, only for Collum to give an even softer penalty than Sunday's at the other end half an hour later.

It's cheating, it is corruption and there is no way Motherwell would have got a reciprocal decision against Celtic. That is what makes the league a sham and is why no one sees this winning run of Celtics as an achievement other than our press and their fans.

Alan Burrows hinting that we are contacting the authorities, just not making a media storm of it.

Admirable, but I guess alot of us want to publicly air our frustrations.

Itd either fall on deaf ears, or be preaching to the converted though (other 'diddy' fans).

Alan Burrows hinting that we are contacting the authorities, just not making a media storm of it.

Admirable, but I guess alot of us want to publicly air our frustrations.

Itd either fall on deaf ears, or be preaching to the converted though (other 'diddy' fans).

I get the frustration (I'm still raging), but having our manager and/or COO ranting and raving in the press does absolutely nothing for our cause and if anything, just loses credibility. 100% correct to not let it go, but make the point directly to the authorities. FWIW I do think we should have appealed Kipper's red card, but can appreciate the reasons given for not doing so.

Let Brenda play to the galleries, those scumbags lap it up, I think our club are taking the right approach.

The tweet in question:

Everyone’s instant reaction is to go crazy, but I assure fans we are in constant dialogue with relevant parties, expressing our views via proper channels and asking for feedback . That all said, another fighting, spirited performance from our lads; defying the odds massively.

https://twitter.com/Alan_Burrows/status/936034132953587712

• Like 1

I'm kind of with Robinson on this one. As soft as the penalty was (and it was very soft), let's focus on how well our team did.

We rode our luck with some of their chances as you always have to against a team with better players but for our defence and goalkeeper to hold them out for as long three days after chasing the ball for half an hour with ten men is impressive. By focusing on the penalty, we fail to give our players the credit they deserve.

I don't think that on paper we have the second, third or even fourth best squad in the league but on our day we'll give anyone a game...

Celtic went down that route in recent years then the phrase "honest mistake" was born. Not much honesty last night.

Utter shitebag behaviour from Burrows and a third slap in the face to the fans from the club in a week.

The guy has been following Scottish football for decades. He knows the same as us that the SFA don't give a fuck about our club and will only react to public pressure. The choice to play this down is not being made with best intentions for the club.

My emotions after that were all over the place. Joy, frustration, anger and pride. I really thought when we scored that we were going to be the ones that stopped this phoney invincible rubbish. Frustration that we lost another non goal but above all anger. I could not believe that Sunday could be repeated but ten times worse. It is doubtful that the pen on Sunday changed the result but last night not only was the decision worse it robbed us of two points.

Everyone though should be full of pride for the performance of our team. After a terrific effort on Sunday they came out and got to right into their faces again. Great defensive performances again from Tait, Hartley and Kipre. Alan Campbell showed what a prospect he is and got stuck right into Brown. The fitness levels of the whole team must be phenomenal. I don't know much about where Carson has played during his career but they must have quality keepers in England if his level is Hartlepools. Fast making us forget about Ruddy and Randolph.

Our manager is making a great name for himself. The last two games have been a tactical master class from him. On Sunday we played a diamond in mid field and last night it was 433 and both worked. We also have our 352 so we have plans AB and C and he is not scared to change things. I just have that nagging worry that he could be off soon maybe to Ireland manager.

Please please get Hartley signed up permanently before Blackpool realise what they are missing.

Oh and back to anger again. Who at our club made the decision that allowed Tommy Sheridan to make the half time draw and talk about supporting Celtic? Thanks for that. At least the tannoy doesn't work in the East stand and we couldn't make out his crap.

• Like 1

Robinson and Burrows have played it perfectly once again, showing real maturity and a touch of class despite the raw emotion. This is in stark contrast to the likes of Lennon who once again lost the plot on Saturday regarding Accies physical approach.

While Im sure our grievances will be aired through the appropriate channels, other clubs will be looking on in admiration at how we are conducting ourselves in public. Heres hoping we can get the 3 points on Saturday that our efforts deserves.

• Like 1

I actually rate Burrows, wasnt impressed when he got the job, felt it was jobs for the boys stuff.

However, this comment is 100% spot on! And its not just Alan Burrows, its every other Chairman/CEO/COO in Scotland as well. When Rangers died, every club in Scottish football had the opportunity to mould a brave new world, to take control of our game for the better of EVERY CLUB! We shat it, we walked up to Lawell with our begging bowl and let him beat us with it, then knelt down and let him decide how HE wanted Scottish Football to run. Every single fan of Scottish Football (Old Firm apart) wanted our leaders to take control and instead we lined up and bent over for Peter Lawell! That was the beginning of the end, what we are seeing now is a direct result of that.

Referees know what benefits them most and make decisions accordingly, Happy Celtic means gravy train keeps rolling

Get what you are saying, but you are overlooking the elephant in the room that when it came to reform opportunities when Rangers died Aberdeen were the team to stand up and block it.

Like you, I was underwhelmed by Burrows and do not believe he is exempt from criticism, but he has been terrific in 90% of what he has done for the club and the comment from Steelboy is miles out.

Thats not to say we don't need someone to make a stand and say the games up and we need to fix it, for the benefit of all teams. The amount of fans of other SPFL teams (excluding The Rangers) tweeting that tonight/Sunday was never a penalty tells me we are not the only supporters fed up of the shite as well.

Needs someone to poke their head above the bile and start demanding review and change. Burrows could be just the man for that job.

I think Burrows struggles with confrontation. McGhee walked all over him barely turning up for work and when the fans protest after the Dundee game happened he handed his own notice in rather than try to get McGhee removed. I don't think he has the stomach to make the required statement.

Robinson is just another professional in the game who wants to go as far as he can in the game - quite rightly out for himself. And like everyone in else in Scottish football he has realised the way to go about it is appease Celtic at every opportunity.

Needs someone to poke their head above the bile and start demanding review and change. Burrows could be just the man for that job.

I actually like Burrows, and think he's doing a great job, but as has been mentioned, he's not the type to confront and fight. He just doesn't seem to have that in him, unfortunately.

I think Burrows struggles with confrontation. McGhee walked all over him barely turning up for work and when the fans protest after the Dundee game happened he handed his own notice in rather than try to get McGhee removed. I don't think he has the stomach to make the required statement.

Robinson is just another professional in the game who wants to go as far as he can in the game - quite rightly out for himself. And like everyone in else in Scottish football he has realised the way to go about it is appease Celtic at every opportunity.

In the words of the late great Jimmy Sanderson......Absolute Bunkum