Club Statement

Modernist

Glad to see the club grow a set for once, but as we are officially viewed on as a diddy club nobody will give a toss. Regan at the SFA will call Lawell and ST Brendan to ask what to do before ignoring us, and the media will just report us a bad losers, so business as usual.

• Like 1

Not one of our better statements, but I understand why we've felt the need to release it. Seems a wee bit whiny on the "debatable penalties" front. Not sure what our attendances being up has to do with anything, just seems to make the statement longer for no good reason. And given our usual honest approach to such things, I'd have preferred us to acknowledge that incidents involving our fans had already been reported and would be investigated, rather than saying we'd do so if there were any.

Well Done.....hmmmmmmm funny how Broon never mentioned the vandalism from the so called best fans in the world!!!

And how would he know of the damage? Do you think he asks after every match what damage their scum had caused?

Dont get me wrong I have no love for the guy and Im sure there are plenty Celtic fans who do he same - mainly at away games.

What gave me the best laugh when I read his pish was this:

It's more when we go away from home

No shit Sherlock its not often your own fans throwing objects at you - unless its scarfs in disgust.

I don't think anything the club have said in the statement is incorrect but what it has done has provided a shed load of new ammunition for the moon howlers. Witness some of the responses to the tweet.

It has been touched upon on several occasions since Sunday but the actions and responses of Celtic and their fans give a deep view into the psyche and mindset of them.

They are a club and a support that from their very existence have traded upon being downtrodden persecuted victims.

They have won European trophies (though they don't like to talk about it...), literally dozens of titles and cups but they can't operate at full pelt without a grievance. Be it the media, Rangers, referees, accusations of sectarianism you choose your topic they have thousands holding a masters degree in whataboutery ready and willing to counter with the most blinkered responses you could dare imagine.

They are close to seventy games unbeaten, have won however many trophies in succession with a second successive treble more than a strong possibility.

Yet so desperate they are to be outraged or get a whiff of victimisation that they couldn't even take the time to enjoy a League Cup victory before getting themselves into a frenzy because Motherwell fans had the temerity to question blatant cheating.

Last night has provided more of the same with the added hook for them now their support has attracted inferred criticism. And we know how they lap up that utterly ridiculous self proclaimed pedestal they put themselves on as being the best fans in the world. This could could not go uncontested by them.

I thought our stance as I saw it this morning was restrained and measured. Ask questions, seek clarification but done so in a fairly classy manner.

I think we might well have been better served continuing in the same vein, albeit offering an explanation to our support of the whys and why nots.

Whilst our statement is far from Traynor penned delusional rant in the knowledge that Celtic are a club and support that thrive on having a cause, a claim or a vendetta to rally behind I fear we've allowed them to turn their focus directly on us and our people inside Fir Park may well have to show the steel and backbone that some posters were accusing them of lacking in posts following last night.

• Like 8

Fully support the approach the club has take and urged them to do so. Well written statement that addresses the main points. There comes a time in all situations in life where you need to stand up and point out what has become completely unacceptable. No faith that itll change anything but the choice was to shut up and accept being shat on from a great height contually or take a stand and at least make it known we know exactly whats going on here.

• Like 1

Twitter seems like a well scary place, Im not actually on it but if I ever look at comments below tweets theyre genuinely ridiculous/terrifying.

From a quick look below the club statement there appears to have been as many Celtic fans there last night as there were in Seville.

Personally, I prefer the approach Robinson took in his post-match, and would have left it at that.

Agree that Robinsons approach last night was correct. Would rather he concentrated on the players and preparing for the next game. The hierarchy at the club is in different matter in my opinion.

Twitter seems like a well scary place, Im not actually on it but if I ever look at comments below tweets theyre genuinely ridiculous/terrifying.

From a quick look below the club statement there appears to have been as many Celtic fans there last night as there were in Seville.

A quick read of that - tells me exactly why I detest that form of social media. Oh for simpler times

• Like 1

See Burrows has confirmed stuff thrown from South stand as well...including one of the destroyed chairs and a phone charger.

This could be some can of worms Brown has opened and maybe this statement will have desired effect.

Now got Celtic fans claiming monkey chants aimed at Sinclair as well. Thats a new one.

Absolutely no shame.