Jump to content

Andy_P

2018'19 Game 1: Hibernian (A) Sunday 5th August

Recommended Posts

I haven't seen the interview yet however I have heard we are actively looking to sell Carson as he has a dodgy shoulder and it's always been a bit of an issue.
 
So dunno if it is related to that.
Hasn't missed that many games for someo ne with a dodgy shoulder.

I am convinced though he and Kipre will be away this window. Gillespie hasn't come to play back up, McHugh is going back to centre half, Donnelly can play right side of a back 3, and Maguire wasn't sent on loan.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We definitely need to be selling someone this window or next.

Like you say, Gillespie sounded looked like a first team kind of player when he signed, so we must be thinking Carson is away soon,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Carson has a dodgy shoulder then that would kybosh any transfer surely. If Busta knows about it then I am quite sure any prospective buyer will also ! Either that or it would affect the price we get for him. 

Probably should move this chat to the ins and outs thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought i was common knowledge. I am sure it's been mentioned places.

 

Maybe someone was having me on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Carson has played with the shoulder issue most of his career, certainly hasn't stopped him looking like a top keeper that's for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Hibs are set for an excellent season but given their European adventures and the stresses that brings, this should be a perfect time to play them. I’d expect Kamberi to be rested and McLaren’s deal is yet to be completed so they may be light of options upfront. 

Unfortunately however, we appear to be in a state of flux with a growing injury list, key players potentially on the move and others struggling for fitness. 

A 0-0 would do us fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I think Hibs are set for an excellent season but given their European adventures and the stresses that brings, this should be a perfect time to play them. I’d expect Kamberi to be rested and McLaren’s deal is yet to be completed so they may be light of options upfront. 

Unfortunately however, we appear to be in a state of flux with a growing injury list, key players potentially on the move and others struggling for fitness. 

A 0-0 would do us fine. 

Overall agree but presumably Dylan McGeoch won't be taking much part in the proceedings.  Hibs will be up for a real fight and we'll have to match their aggressiveness. Hopefully the referee will be even handed.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Overall agree but presumably Dylan McGeoch won't be taking much part in the proceedings.  Hibs will be up for a real fight and we'll have to match their aggressiveness. Hopefully the referee will be even handed.   

McGeough is away to Sunderland. Their new addition to midfield, Stevie Mallan, is highly rated.

To compete with Hibs, you need to track their movement off the ball. I reckon they’ll be saving their legs for Molde though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hibs are absolutely shite defensively, I think their European score lines against dross and record of conceding last season proves that. Elsewhere however this is a good hibs side but one who I feel do inherit the 'Bottle Merchant' mentality to a degree which has plagued Hibs for years. If we can get ourselves forward and not pull the trigger too early (which we are good at) I don't see why we aren't capable of producing decent chances. If we can capitalise on that, and probably on thehangover from their two European games our injury worries may not have as big an impact as some here are worrying about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got any idea if this game is all ticket for us and if so does anyone know if the ticket office is open tomorrow? Been working away and club haven’t answered my tweet or email.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m looking at this game now as another pre season friendly. With the injuries, suspensions and now sale of Cedric I fancy Hibs to score at least 3 at the weekend. Not going to read much into it but our season might just have start against Accies. 

A forward line of Kamberi, Boyle and now McLaren will cause major bother to our make shift and unfit defence. Plus McGinn is still here without Campbell to battle him. 

Was going to put a team up but fuck knows what it will be. A central midfield of Rose, McHugh & Grimshaw beckons.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Was going to put a team up but fuck knows what it will be. A central midfield of Rose, McHugh & Grimshaw beckons.... 

Unlikely as we'll need McHugh at the back..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, couttsy said:

Anyone got any idea if this game is all ticket for us and if so does anyone know if the ticket office is open tomorrow? Been working away and club haven’t answered my tweet or email.....

Looks like a bit of a shambles. My son is travelling up from England for the game and went to buy a ticket online today to print out and they are not available! Quote : No longer available online or sold out. There's still ages to the game so print at home tickets should be available and not everyone can just pop into Fir Park for tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GregyScotland said:

Hibs are absolutely shite defensively,

 

On 8/2/2018 at 9:22 AM, underboyleheating said:

Hibs are traditionally a bomb scare at the back

You guys know that Hibs conceded less goals than we did last season, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a weird position to be in again where I'm more confident about our attacking options than our ability to keep them out at the other end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, brainier said:

Looks like a bit of a shambles. My son is travelling up from England for the game and went to buy a ticket online today to print out and they are not available! Quote : No longer available online or sold out. There's still ages to the game so print at home tickets should be available and not everyone can just pop into Fir Park for tickets. 

Don’t think they are doing the print at home for away matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fwiw I'd imagine we'll line up more less

Carson 

Donnelly Hartley McHugh 

Tait Cadden Rose Grimshaw Frear

Sammon Main 

 

Not that bad on paper...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Fwiw I'd imagine we'll line up more less

Carson 

Donnelly Hartley McHugh 

Tait Cadden Rose Grimshaw Frear

Sammon Main 

 

Not that bad on paper...

Slower than a week in the jail at the back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Fwiw I'd imagine we'll line up more less

Carson 

Donnelly Hartley McHugh 

Tait Cadden Rose Grimshaw Frear

Sammon Main 

 

Not that bad on paper...

Surely Rodriguez plays after his 45 mins last week? I’d have him in for Grimshaw or Rose, although if Cadden doesn’t make it then it’ll be for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Fwiw I'd imagine we'll line up more less

Carson 

Donnelly Hartley McHugh 

Tait Cadden Rose Grimshaw Frear

Sammon Main 

 

Not that bad on paper...

Not bad middle to front but a back 3 that has Hartley on the left would result in a few doings. I don’t see how we can confidently go with a 3 without the athleticism of Dunne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Campbell's going to be the biggest miss I suspect. It's the midfield battle that will decide this, I think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brainier said:

Looks like a bit of a shambles. My son is travelling up from England for the game and went to buy a ticket online today to print out and they are not available! Quote : No longer available online or sold out. There's still ages to the game so print at home tickets should be available and not everyone can just pop into Fir Park for tickets. 

Just got an email reply from the club to say that the ticket office is closed tomorrow but that tickets will be on sale at Easter Road from 1pm.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×