Jump to content

Yabba's Turd

2018/19 Game 27: Celtic (A) Sunday 24th February 3.00pm Kick Off

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Yodo said:

Yip two players badly injured and our manager says nothing after the game ,really should have been giving them pelters instead we hear on radio Scotland him saying " I said to Brendan I don't what I should do  here " after we scored . I'll give you an idea how about jumping up and down and telling Mr Rodgers to get it right up him 

There’s more reasonable comments from the Celtic fans about this and that’s saying something.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights on our TV.  For the first goal, our midfield was sitting far too deep and if you make a mistake in that position, ie a free header, there's no way back.  Goal No 2 came from a free cross in.  Again that puts the defence under immediate and unnecessary pressure.   Goal No 3 was a great strike.  Goal No 4 came from several errors - giving the ball away and lack of marking.    Robbo can take comfort from that performance in that 3 of the 4 goals were completely avoidable and down to very poor defending. Thats something he can work on and will help to motivate the players.

It was good us go to Parkhead and play more positively. In the past we've struggled to mount a single attack.

From other sources, not MTV unfortunately,  there seems to be a general misunderstanding, deliberate and otherwise, about the events leading up to our goal.  I didn't appreciate that Christie took it upon himself to leave the field first for treatment  and come back on (all without the referee's permission) and then go down, presumably to allow a sub to come on. As we know, he has previous for simulation, and I can unerstand why our lads would be wary of his antics.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, smiddy said:

correct 

I listened to him on smelic  tv and he was feckin ragin :) 

for our ex Scottish cup winning captain , hes a 

[email protected] UTTER TOTAL BELLEND  / WANKPIECE 

rant over 

I don't watch Celtic TV but I'm happy to have a total bellend wankpiece who is one of the best players this club has ever produced and who can lead us to a major honour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, James Scott shouldn't have done what he did and our reaction would have been similar if the roles had been reversed but at the same time the whole incident has been blown up and Rodgers comments after the match are ridiculous and show off his clubs sense of superiority and entitlement.

Rodgers comments about the how the goal shouldn't have been allowed and that we should have let them score are there purely to create a reaction.  James Scott is a rookie player making his first start in a match and has probably got a bit excited.  Rodgers is an old pro who knows exactly what he's doing.  So who's the cynic?

As has been said I don't remember Celtic letting us score after dodgy penalties or letting us bring on an extra player after red cards for nothing.

The whole thing has the same kind of stink around it as the whole 'guard of honour' thing.  When Celtic are involved there are obligations that don't really exist.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand how Edouard got booked for the clash with Aldred?

If it’s accidental, nothing, if it’s deliberate, it’s a red card.

I’m not a referee, but what was he booked for? I can’t see a bookable offence. Red or nothing, deliberate or accident.

From one angle it looks accidental clash of heads, from another it looks like he’s caught him with his elbow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any 'proper' highlights anywhere other than the 2 minutes job ? Like SBCMFC , I don't understand the Edouard one with Aldred. If it's reckless/dangerous/deliberate then it's a Red.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We mustn't forget that when Christie went down Celtic continued to attack and it was only when that move broke down that they put the ball out of play.  If they were that concerned about sportsmanship or their player's injury, they should have put the ball out immediately.   

These kind of incidents happen occasionally and it should really be down to the referee to stop the game, unless there are obvious serious issues.  That way there's no confusion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

We mustn't forget that when Christie went down Celtic continued to attack and it was only when that move broke down that they put the ball out of play.  If they were that concerned about sportsmanship or their player's injury, they should have put the ball out immediately.   

These kind of incidents happen occasionally and it should really be down to the referee to stop the game, unless there are obvious serious issues.  That way there's no confusuion. 

I’m actually coming round to that opinion. Having initially felt Scott was out of order (while making allowances for him being naive or over keen).

I don’t think we should be taking lectures on sportsmanship from that lot anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Let's be honest, James Scott shouldn't have done what he did and our reaction would have been similar if the roles had been reversed but at the same time the whole incident has been blown up and Rodgers comments after the match are ridiculous and show off his clubs sense of superiority and entitlement.

Rodgers comments about the how the goal shouldn't have been allowed and that we should have let them score are there purely to create a reaction.  James Scott is a rookie player making his first start in a match and has probably got a bit excited.  Rodgers is an old pro who knows exactly what he's doing.  So who's the cynic?

As has been said I don't remember Celtic letting us score after dodgy penalties or letting us bring on an extra player after red cards for nothing.

The whole thing has the same kind of stink around it as the whole 'guard of honour' thing.  When Celtic are involved there are obligations that don't really exist.

 

If Tam Cowan still frequents these boards I hope he reads your post and maybe uses that last line next weekend. You have hit the nail on the head right there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christie wasn't down in need of treatment, he'd already had that so it's not all that clear cut. That said, if Celtic had scored a goal in the same circumstances yesterday we'd have been unhappy so it's probably one that we've got wrong.

However, the sanctimonious shite that we're being subjected to now almost makes me happy that we did it.

As has been mentioned, last season alone Celtic scored twice where their player threw themselves to the ground under no contact and feigned injury to get a Motherwell player sent off. Not once did Brendan Rodgers offer anything other than an assertion that they had done nothing wrong and sought to justify both penalties. Against St Johnstone they were awarded a penalty which clearly wasn't, and were more than happy to tuck it away and move on. No talk of Celtic players needing to "redeem themselves" or thoughts of how "It's a goal that shouldn't have stood so you have a chance to do something about it" and how these incidents are "unfortunate for the game" or even how Sinclair, McGregor and Brown were involved in "disappointing acts on a football pitch" and how "the criticism goes to the players because it wasn't a good act at all". None of that at all.

Chris Sutton called it disgraceful, yet he himself did exactly the same thing as a player.

Brendan Rodgers' Celtic side played on to score while an Astana player was lying with a head knock.

Strachan's Celtic sides would routinely 'give the ball back' by chipping it into the corner and pressing the opposition.

The hypocrisy from the Celtic fans and management is astounding on this - and that's not even mentioning the Edoard challenges on Aldred and McHugh and the reaction to McHugh being stretchered off, followed by the "Orange Bastard" tweets he was sent amongst those wishing him dead. An Irishman from Donegal who has his Twitter name in Gaelic hardly screams "Orange" to me... In a week where the Celtic fans were shook to the core by an incident at Ibrox that had nothing to do with them they have displayed the exact behaviour they were devastated by.

Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything. Fuck them.

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think we should be taking lectures on sportsmanship from that lot anyway.

We definitely shouldn't, but equally our own standards shouldn't be determined or dragged down by who we're playing against.  And for me, we still strayed the wrong side of that line on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, steelboy said:

Aye he was scared to call it a dive or say Sinclair's name.

We should have 100% appealed that.

I think he made it very clear, not sure why he had to actually name Sinclair when that was clearly the incident he was talking about. Either way stating  he said nothing is still clearly not true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, numpty said:

We definitely shouldn't, but equally our own standards shouldn't be determined or dragged down by who we're playing against.  And for me, we still strayed the wrong side of that line on Sunday.

Agree with that. Just trying to see both sides.

Was it Rangers at Fir Park Livingstone went off injured leaving us with 10 men and they scored before we had a sub ready. Remember thinking that was naive from our POV, should’ve done what Christie did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Agree with that. Just trying to see both sides.

Was it Rangers at Fir Park Livingstone went off injured leaving us with 10 men and they scored before we had a sub ready. Remember thinking that was naive from our POV, should’ve done what Christie did.

It was Celtic...

Was Liam Donnelly who was being replaced early in the first half.

Had we put the ball out for the sub to be made, Celtic would of course have given us the ball back with no questions asked. Would probably also have arranged for an emergency loan to be put in place so that we'd have cover for the player as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wishaestevie said:

Is there any 'proper' highlights anywhere other than the 2 minutes job ? Like SBCMFC , I don't understand the Edouard one with Aldred. If it's reckless/dangerous/deliberate then it's a Red.

 

Editorally impartial BBC Sportscene chose not show Edouard injuring Aldred.

They are beyond a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ScottW1886 said:

It was Celtic...

Was Liam Donnelly who was being replaced early in the first half.

Had we put the ball out for the sub to be made, Celtic would of course have given us the ball back with no questions asked. Would probably also have arranged for an emergency loan to be put in place so that we'd have cover for the player as well...

Had a bit of a ‘mare in the facts, but that strengthens the point.

Although it was more naivety on our part than anything Celtic have done wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Editorally impartial BBC Sportscene chose not show Edouard injuring Aldred.

They are beyond a joke.

The club highlights don't show it either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Yodo said:

It was a cup final I'm sure against the other ugly sister the ball went out for a shy to the blue ugly sister but Big Aitken took the throw Shellic went up the park and scored. They then stood back and allowed the blue ugly sister to score  Aye so they  fucking did 

Big Shirley certainly did, 1989 old firm cup final.  Don't remember much fuss being made about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't watch Celtic TV but I'm happy to have a total bellend wankpiece who is one of the best players this club has ever produced and who can lead us to a major honour.

well since that was the only channel I could watch it on I was stuck with it ,, but by feck if you tune inn at some point you wil then agree, club captain, Scottish cup winner, I don't care a feck and I will stick by own opinion, wankpiece, bellend,dick of a man , none of the two head knocks were the smellic players faults just good hard challenges,,,, from the same prick that shouts for a smellic pk at everything , I wouldn't pish on him if he was on fire , only my opinion but I stand by it 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smiddy said:

well since that was the only channel I could watch it on I was stuck with it

You could turn the sound off. I always do if I'm stuck with them or Rangers TV. Or Graham Barnstaple ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, numpty said:

You could turn the sound off. I always do if I'm stuck with them or Rangers TV. Or Graham Barnstaple ;)

did think of that , but then heard his total one sided shite and it amused me for a wee bit, then I realised how much he has turned into a tosser 

only my opinion of our Scottish cup winning captain :whistling:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, smiddy said:

did think of that , but then heard his total one sided shite and it amused me for a wee bit, then I realised how much he has turned into a tosser 

only my opinion of our Scottish cup winning captain :whistling:

I'll second that ,he really hates our club as far as being one of greatest players think you took that a bit far Beezer .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ScottW1886 said:

Christie wasn't down in need of treatment, he'd already had that so it's not all that clear cut. That said, if Celtic had scored a goal in the same circumstances yesterday we'd have been unhappy so it's probably one that we've got wrong.

However, the sanctimonious shite that we're being subjected to now almost makes me happy that we did it.

As has been mentioned, last season alone Celtic scored twice where their player threw themselves to the ground under no contact and feigned injury to get a Motherwell player sent off. Not once did Brendan Rodgers offer anything other than an assertion that they had done nothing wrong and sought to justify both penalties. Against St Johnstone they were awarded a penalty which clearly wasn't, and were more than happy to tuck it away and move on. No talk of Celtic players needing to "redeem themselves" or thoughts of how "It's a goal that shouldn't have stood so you have a chance to do something about it" and how these incidents are "unfortunate for the game" or even how Sinclair, McGregor and Brown were involved in "disappointing acts on a football pitch" and how "the criticism goes to the players because it wasn't a good act at all". None of that at all.

Chris Sutton called it disgraceful, yet he himself did exactly the same thing as a player.

Brendan Rodgers' Celtic side played on to score while an Astana player was lying with a head knock.

Strachan's Celtic sides would routinely 'give the ball back' by chipping it into the corner and pressing the opposition.

The hypocrisy from the Celtic fans and management is astounding on this - and that's not even mentioning the Edoard challenges on Aldred and McHugh and the reaction to McHugh being stretchered off, followed by the "Orange Bastard" tweets he was sent amongst those wishing him dead. An Irishman from Donegal who has his Twitter name in Gaelic hardly screams "Orange" to me... In a week where the Celtic fans were shook to the core by an incident at Ibrox that had nothing to do with them they have displayed the exact behaviour they were devastated by.

Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything. Fuck them.

That was a sizzler, and no mistake.

You don't like to give the Ugly Sisters any chance to adopt the moral high ground for once but the media's and Celtic's reaction is quite ridiculous and our whitabootery is justified for once.

James is young and his actions are probably the result of his inexperience and exuberance. On the other hand,  Ryan Christie has considerable form in the Sneak Stakes and my respect for him has steadily diminished as his frequent simulating and tendency to leave the foot in have become more obvious.

I noticed a tabloid lying on a café table today with the screaming sports headline "UNETHICAL". No wonder the circulation figures for the Dead Tree Scrolls are tanking when you see  sanctimonious crapola like that.

I didn't think my opinion of Brendan Rogers could get any lower after his shameless and manipulative  comments on Ryan Bowman but I was wrong. The sooner he loups the dyke and goes back to the English Premiership the better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×