Sign in to follow this  
alanos

Player and Young Player of the Year

Voted Tait and Turnbull.

However, Gillespie or Aldred are equally good shouts.

I went with Aldred who has hardly put a foot  wrong all season and would be a terrific signing for next season should he chose to stay. Young player not really a contest, Turnbull.

Turnbull is most responsible for turning the season round than any other person at the club.

For him not to win both awards would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Turnbull is most responsible for turning the season round than any other person at the club.

For him not to win both awards would be ridiculous.

The turn around in the season has been due to the combination of players (Turnbull, Ariyibi and Hastie), plus guys like Campbell getting back to his best. 

Turnbull has absolutely been one of the best performers, but it's difficult to argue against Tait and Aldred's contribution this season. I can't remember Tait having a bad game this season.

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

The turn around in the season has been due to the combination of players (Turnbull, Ariyibi and Hastie), plus guys like Campbell getting back to his best. 

Turnbull has absolutely been one of the best performers, but it's difficult to argue against Tait and Aldred's contribution this season. I can't remember Tait having a bad game this season.

How about when we won three out of four in October/November when Turnbull came into the team and scored three goals.  Did he combine with Ariyibi and Hastie then?

Facts are Turnbull has been a huge contribution to almost all our wins this season, is our top league scorer, our top league assist provider and clearly the most accomplished player from a technical point of view.

Tait and Aldred might be two of the better performers in the squad but they were part of a team that couldn't win a game and was dire to watch pre Turnbull.

Like I said for Turnbull not to win both awards would be ridiculous considering his own personal performances and the transformative effect he's had on the team in general.

• Like 1

Turnbull first shone when Bigi was played alongside him in Oct/Nov (although Cadden's form in Oct/Nov wasn't too shabby either). 

Tait played well in Oct/Nov too, so not sure how that changes my original point.

As good as Turnbull has been, it's ridiculous to suggest that, in a team game, he was single-handedly responsible for turning our season around.