Andy_P

Odds and Sods Motherwell Thread

Is there a place for a thread for the wee Motherwell bits and bobs you come across and maybe aren't worthy of a thread of their own?  Time will tell I suppose.

I'll start us of with a snippet from a feature on Andy Robertson on the BBC where John Rankin, one of his former team-mates mentions us in a fairly complimentary light.

"I remember Motherwell away in December 2014," he says. "It's a difficult place to go to at the best of times. We won 4-0 that day, but I remember looking at the score and [at that point] it was 3-0.

"Andy used to always bomb forward and I'd cover for him. I turned to him and said, 'Don't go anywhere. There's only eight minutes to go, I want you to sit in'. I once played in a game where we were 6-2 up at Fir Park and it finished 6-6. Motherwell never know when they are beaten.

I thought his perception of us as a team and Fir Park as a venue was quite interesting.

• Like 3

That performance from United is easily up there as one of the best from an away team at Fir Park.  A doing from the Hibs side with Brown, Thomson etc was equally impressive.