Andy_P

Odds and Sods Motherwell Thread

24 minutes ago, sinjy said:

Just had shiver listening  to Off the Ball second show on Saturday. Alan Preston said that  his cousin John Hughes should have left Raith Rovers before he did.  He was approached by Motherwell to replace Mark McGhee but refused to speak  to us out of loyalty to Raith. Phew! 

No disrespect to Yogi who seems a very likeable guy but really glad we went with Robbo instead

I see the club got a suspended fine for some disorder against St Johnstone, any idea what that was about?

Our game against Dundee Utd from 2013 is being shown in full on the SPFL Youtube page. 

Dundee Utd v Motherwell 2013

I won't mention the score just in case it's one you've never seen, can't remember the score etc.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I see BBC Alba have a Motherwell FC programme on tomorrow night at 9.30.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, I've had time on my hand whilst being furloughed.  Some of you may have seen this on twitter/insta but I've designed and ordered the first pin in hopefully a series of monthly pins based on current or past 'well heroes. The first one is David Turnbull. I've limited it to 100 pins and I'm donating to the well society from the sale of each pin.

Sold just over half of the David Turnbull pins so far so if anyone fancies having a look or put in a wee order that would be great, cheers!

Twitter page for updates and links is http://twitter.com/steelmenpins

Link to the online store http://www.steelmenpins.bigcartel.com

1508741940_EnamelBadgeBackerCardTemplateturnbullreduced.png.64c1e3423dd128ccd4ae5db363ec0e9e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoy working with mixed media. This is a painting of Motherwell legend Joe Wark I did in 2015. It was initially created in water soluble pastels. However, it has been worked on digitally as well. The final result is a part ‘analogue’ part digital painting. 

Joe was my football hero as a kid and I was lucky enough to meet him on a few occasions. The signature I used on the drawing was scanned from a card Joe signed for me back in the 1970s. Joe sadly passed away at the age of 67 following a battle with dementia

Joe made 539 appearances for Motherwell from 1968 to 1984, under seven different bosses, and dedicated his footballing career to the Fir Park side. After his retirement he became an ambassador for the club.

My mixed media painting has lay dormant on my hard drive for nearly 5 years. The plan was to print a small run on fine art paper with all the proceeds going to the Remember Well dementia charity. However, after several failed attempts to get in contact with them I’ve put the project on hold. 

I think I’ll have another attempt at contacting them as I quite like the painting.

Joe Wark Pastel Painting A6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1