Sign in to follow this  
livivoice

Pat Quinn RIP

Just missed seeing him play for us. From what I have been told he was a very highly regarded player in a brilliant team.

Rest in peace sir.

Very sad, was a well legend and I remember my Dad telling me loads of stories about the Ancell Babes when he was watching the well home and away 

• Like 1

I first saw Pat Quinn playing for us in 1961 when I was six. He quickly became my favourite player. Very sad that he has gone.

• Like 1

Very sad news: I missed seeing him by a season but my brother and his mates all idolised him for his footballing  brain and his vision.

14 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

I first saw Pat Quinn playing for us in 1961 when I was six. He quickly became my favourite player. Very sad that he has gone.

You must be of the same era as me. I first saw Pat play in 1959/60ish. He was very talented and a great passer of the ball. Very sad news.

• Like 1

Before my time, but given what my late father said about him ( and he was a better than fair judge of a player) he must have been a genuine talent. RIP and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Like others I’ve only heard of him from older relations who all spoke highly of him. 
condolences to his family   

18 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

You must be of the same era as me. I first saw Pat play in 1959/60ish. He was very talented and a great passer of the ball. Very sad news.

I  remember he seemed to be half the size of the others yet still seemed to be directing the play completely.

1 hour ago, Winning by Name said:

I  remember he seemed to be half the size of the others yet still seemed to be directing the play completely.

Aye, the archetypal midfield playmaker. When he was on his game, which was more often than not, he made the team tick. 

4 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

Apparently Pat was desperate to play for Celtic when at Bridgeton Waverley but they thought he was too small, so a massive  gain for us.