Jump to content

Neilwell86

2021/2022 Rebuild

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Read read his Wiki page the stats will tell u all you need to know neither a goal scorer or goal maker 

:doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign a player piss an moan,Ceo talks about number of players siging piss and moan.Ffs folk on here really need to chill out.I am at the stage where we could go unbeaten in the league,thump the ugly sisters home and away and folk would be like the club need to sort the wee bit of grass behind the away end it looks to dried out by the sun.

Great to see the club making moves and hope the other two players we get add something.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmac said:

For a club moaning about a lack of money constantly, we don’t half spend what we do have on some amount of mediocre drivel

The lack of money means we can't sign world class players - so that seems about right.

Although our 2 capped Scotland players and our Ugandan international draw the same amount of abuse and complaints, so it doesn't seem to matter what level of player we sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a few Shrewsbury fans saying they were disappointed to see him go on twitter. 

Mostly along the lines of "he's not amazing but he's better than what we've got now".

So that's promising. Though he did reject their deal in May so he's not been playing since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Welcome to our great wee rollercoaster Sean

You will be expected to punch above your weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to "the greatest wee pure dead brilliant club in the world", Sean.

It's the McConnell-Prestwick effect.

I'm quite old: was he in Bros?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He obviously had talent when younger given the transfer fee he moved for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Welcome to "the greatest wee pure dead brilliant club in the world", Sean.

It's the McConnell-Prestwick effect.

I'm quite old: was he in Bros?

Ah'll dae the jokes !! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

I'm quite old: was he in Bros?

Aye, he was but never made a single appearance for them. No good enough for us....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Ah'll dae the jokes !! Lol

I'm still waiting :D!

I must clarify re my unwonted change of position in my anecdote, or, as Charlie Nicholas would have it, antidote: while playing at RB for Kirktonholme PS, our CH (can't remember his/her name)  would always pick up a handful of blaes and throw it at me if I moved inside to tackle  the opposition. The words "Wing! Wing!" still ring in my ears.

I was traumatised and so have started a blog about it....... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

I'm still waiting :D!

I must clarify re my unwonted change of position in my anecdote, or, as Charlie Nicholas would have it, antidote: while playing at RB for Kirktonholme PS, our CH (can't remember his/her name)  would always pick up a handful of blaes and throw it at me if I moved inside to tackle  the opposition. The words "Wing! Wing!" still ring in my ears.

I was traumatised and so have started a blog about it....... 

Are u Sean Goss if not wrong thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

He obviously had talent when younger given the transfer fee he moved for.

Ah, the old" he must be good, he cost a lot of money" gambit. If only it were as simple as that. Anyone for Shaun McSkimming?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The African said:

Ah, the old" he must be good, he cost a lot of money" gambit. If only it were as simple as that. Anyone for Shaun McSkimming?

My Killie supporting mate still rips me that we signed him for that much money

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kmac said:

As for Burrows, I don’t hold some active Vendetta against the guy, I haven’t met him however I’m sure he’s very pleasant - however that’s not what I’m critical of. I’m often critical of his actions as a chief executive which i often find below the levels required/expected; that’s very different. 

 

Guy knocks his pan in to engage with motherwell fans and the wider football community and is widely praised for it. He's the CEO of a fan owned club and when asked questions by fans, he answers them transparently. 

I've yet to hear one thing that he said that has been problematic. It really feels like you are looking for fault where there is none.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked youtube, mcskimming was better than I remember 

Challenging for honors

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a bit critical when alan was promoted to the role when dempster left.it looked like the easy option but I'm chuffed to have been proven wrong,overall I think he's been excellent in the role and long may it continue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Welcome to "the greatest wee pure dead brilliant club in the world", Sean.

It's the McConnell-Prestwick effect.

I'm quite old: was he in Bros?

Get the bars stocked with  Grolsch swing tops……….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Checked youtube, mcskimming was better than I remember 

Challenging for honors

 

Problem with poor Shaun was the transfer fee we paid which wasn't his fault,  a lot of expectations when you pay £300k

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Scored a belter at Ibrox tbf

Hit it straight at Billy Thomson tbf. Think he just let it in for a laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mfc said:

I was a bit critical when alan was promoted to the role when dempster left.it looked like the easy option but I'm chuffed to have been proven wrong,overall I think he's been excellent in the role and long may it continue.

I thought the same at the time but likewise I’m glad to have been proven wrong. Burrows has been excellent for us overall.

Yes he’s got some things wrong but that’s part and parcel of the role but to have someone in that position who you know is Motherwell through and through then you know the club is in good hands.

His handling of the Rangers ticket allocation for the 2nd leg of the playoff was superb. Many a previous Motherwell regime would have simply bowed down and given them whatever they wanted.

The club’s PR and communications with the support has improved tenfold under Burrows. I know some of it can be a bit over kill on social media, but it’s important that the club can engage with the support, especially when it’s a fan owned club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, numpty said:

Hit it straight at Billy Thomson tbf. Think he just let it in for a laugh.

I do recall a decent effort, might have been in Europe, for long enough my nephew thought McSkimming's 1st name was Pish

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

Yes he’s got some things wrong but that’s part and parcel of the role but to have someone in that position who you know is Motherwell through and through then you know the club is in good hands.

 

I'd take issue with that statement, give me someone capable of doing the job well, with some personal pride in their career, don't give a fuck who they support, being a fan through and through is meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

I'd take issue with that statement, give me someone capable of doing the job well, with some personal pride in their career, don't give a fuck who they support, being a fan through and through is meaningless.

Yes I accept that and that’s fair enough. 
 

I was just meaning that with Burrows you know that he’s got the club’s best interests at heart as opposed to say, a Vladimir Romanov type at Hearts, albeit I know he’s probably quite an extreme example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CoF said:

Guy knocks his pan in to engage with motherwell fans and the wider football community and is widely praised for it. He's the CEO of a fan owned club and when asked questions by fans, he answers them transparently. 

I've yet to hear one thing that he said that has been problematic. It really feels like you are looking for fault where there is none.  

I think there is some considerable misunderstanding of my criticism. I have absolutely no problems with Burrows as a person, I’ve never met him (as I said) however the guy clearly comes across as a supporter and someone with the club at heart. Those things are commendable and great but those are not essential attributes of a CEO. My criticism is based on his inability to abstract, which I believe is making for often poor optics and decision making - purely from the perspective of management. Alan Burrows and Motherwell football club are not one and the same - perhaps from his perspective (again not a criticism) but it should not be the perspective of the club.
Read / listen to any CEO of a major Corp, ngo, charity or other… a CEO is the personification of the company, the company isn’t a personification of the CEO, unless is it a founder/owner. 
The values must remain distinct. Hopefully, they largely align, otherwise it’s the wrong CEO, however there must be separation in order to incorporate other objectives and ways of doing/thinking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×