In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna wake up tonight in a cold sweat having a nightmare about Michael Frazer in goals for us when Ruddy leaves.....AAARGH!!! I cant sleep on a sunday night as it is.. :blush: .

"Propoganda - all is phoney" - Bob Dylan.

People have been "aww naw"-ing about Fraser since before he arrived and they continue to "aww naw" about him now despite the fact he isn't playing and in the few games that he DID play he didn't exactly do much wrong, by all accounts. I don't get it.

Ruddy has made more errors than Fraser, but I'll hold my hand up and say the guy has made as many fantastic saves as I've seen in one season from a 'keeper since Smiths first season.

Fraser is more than adequate for the SPL.

Spot on.

Ruddy has made more errors than Fraser, but I'll hold my hand up and say the guy has made as many fantastic saves as I've seen in one season from a 'keeper since Smiths first season.

Fraser is more than adequate for the SPL.

Ruddy has played nearly a whole season while Fraser has played only a handful of games, of course he is going to make more mistakes!

I've never understood the stick Michael Fraser gets, in the 5 games or so he played he did fuck all wrong. Has he played a league game for us yet?

Played in our 2-2 draw with Accies despite not being even on the original team sheet - or was he, and it was the game bfore he wasn't on the team sheet but was placed on subs bench due to injury worry of Ruddy.

Fraser looked dodgy as fuck against LLANELLI never mind a whole season against SPL teams. He is fine for a back up for a club at our level but he aint a no1 keeper, I still have Caley supporting mates who laugh when asking bout him.

His kicking is ok and shot stopping is superb, but cross taking,command + decision making are junior level. As i said,ok back up,not 1st team number 1.

Fraser looked dodgy as fuck against LLANELLI never mind a whole season against SPL teams. He is fine for a back up for a club at our level but he aint a no1 keeper, I still have Caley supporting mates who laugh when asking bout him.

His kicking is ok and shot stopping is superb, but cross taking,command + decision making are junior level. As i said,ok back up,not 1st team number 1.

Spot on. I'm still holding out for McGhee spending way more money on him, wages wise, than he is worth when he loses Langfield to a struggling League One side. Nah......that would be a crazy scenario.

So did every player on the pitch in that game.

To be fair, outfield players are different for a couple of important reasons - Firstly, possibly a lack of proper pre-season training and secondly, a lack of tactical understanding.

You don't need pre-season training or a tactical understanding to keep the ball out of the net. I wouldn't trust Fraser to keep weans out a close.

Againt Llanelli at home he had a couple of dodgy kicks and that was it. Defence let him down for the goal and that was about all he had to do in that game. Oh wait, apart from the cracking save he made where he covered the width of the goal to tip a long range effort round the post.

The game against Accies he was superb, let down by our out of position central defence leaving a gaping hole for two easy back post goals. Also, dealt with crosses extremely well in that game including taking a low one at the near post just as Paixao was about to leather it.

Distribution was fucking outstanding in that game too.

I feel compelled to respond Frazzle.

I play in goal, and although i think you are correct to a degree (certainly fitness and tactical) there are aspects of goalkeeping which do require consistant match practice in order to get right.

Judging through balls in order to decide when and when not to come off your line can be difficult without regular match practice. Judging for cross balls is also similar. And general talking/communicating with your defence needs practice as well as over all decision making.

Im not a bit fan of Fraser however i do think that there are aspects of his game which wouldnt have been up to scratch at that point simply becasue it was early in the season.

You don't need pre-season training or a tactical understanding to keep the ball out of the net. I wouldn't trust Fraser to keep weans out a close.
You do, however, need a defence that's capable of basic positioning, marking, heading away cross balls and communicating with each other.

To be fair, outfield players are different for a couple of important reasons - Firstly, possibly a lack of proper pre-season training and secondly, a lack of tactical understanding.

:lol::lol::lol:

Againt Llanelli at home he had a couple of dodgy kicks and that was it. Defence let him down for the goal and that was about all he had to do in that game. Oh wait, apart from the cracking save he made where he covered the width of the goal to tip a long range effort round the post.

The game against Accies he was superb, let down by our out of position central defence leaving a gaping hole for two easy back post goals. Also, dealt with crosses extremely well in that game including taking a low one at the near post just as Paixao was about to leather it.

Distribution was fucking outstanding in that game too.

Is fraser like yor cousin or something, seem to be gettin quite upset