Mark McGhee

jazz

I don't think you can really blame McGhee for fans staying away. That's gt more to do with Boyle and his hair brained get rich quick schemes.

Not only but that prick Boyle reduces prices for the scum because their games were on Setanta then does fuck all last night to entice more folk to go. Where's all the money for getting into the Uefa Cup and finsihing third last year went? I know McGhee got more but surely that c**t Boyle is fucking us and the club about. Get him out!!!

He has made your club financially secure, which is a blessing in the current economic climate. I see what you're saying and that man, but I think he might have been looking to long term sustenance rather than short term gain.

Not only but that prick Boyle reduces prices for the scum because their games were on Setanta then does fuck all last night to entice more folk to go. Where's all the money for getting into the Uefa Cup and finsihing third last year went? I know McGhee got more but surely that c**t Boyle is fucking us and the club about. Get him out!!!

That's a point I meant to make as well. He says he reduced the OF parices to help people out due to the'cridit crunch' and all that. So where's the fuckin' sweetener for anyone to go to a game live on TV on a cold, wet, miserable Monday night against bloody Kilmarnock 10 days before Christmas?

The discount wsn't forthcoming because he couldn't get any money fromhis beloved Old Firm fans.

Maybe thats why on their guide last night Setanta had the game listed as Motherwell V Celtic. Maybe Boyle asked them to try and help him get a few of his mates to come to the game.

McGhee looked totally disinterested last night.

A year ago last night we had just beaten Aberdeen 3-0 with one of the best motherwell displays I'd seen from Motherwell.

The difference in performance last night could not have been any greater.

January is going to be a crucial month for McGhee.

I don't go to many away games but I have decided I'm going to `the derby`. It will be 10 years to the day my grandfather died and it was he who indirectly made me a Well fan. He took me to watch Hamilton - Motherwell 79-80 with the intention of making me a Accies fan like him.

RIP Archie.

C'mon the Well.

McGhee has a track record of failure after early success and perhaps if given time and proper support from his board of directors he might be able to become a very good manager and build a few decent teams. The problem is this support from the directors wont be from our club. If a club cant build on the successes of a wonder season, when will they ever? Yet again our club blow a golden opportunity to progress. Longstanding loyal fans now feel unvalued, and are turning their backs to our club. We as a club are going backwards.

From the outside it appears we were badly prepared heading into this season, and for that the buck has to rest with McGhee. Good managers know when to ship out players, yet we seem to reward these players with better contracts.

In saying all that you have got to wonder how much of a hindrance our board of directors are with progressing our club. Mr Boyle has to get serious with our club, it is not some little plaything.

We need real committment and effort from all within the club. After all, they keep saying our club is only a step stone away from greater things. How this can be true when so many of these so called professionals cant be bothered is baffling.

I hear what many are saying about a clear out last summer, but why would that have happened ?

We generally played our best football for many years and finished 3rd in the league - where MMG, and possibly the Board, let themselves down big time, was in not strengthing the squad with quality additional players, to basically say to the squad 'ok you did brilliantly, but that's only the start' - stating the obvious and what we've all suspected, but our squad is way too bare, as was shown when Las was played at right back - hopefully Saunders will be pushing Coach for his place. We badly need players who aren't happy being subs and will be bursting a gut to prove they are better than the guy in their position - as for O'Brien, I'll make a judgement on the guy when I see him start a game, rather than being introduced when we're progressively losing the plot.

As I've said already, this is when the management team have to stand up and show the players their strength, and get the belief going that they are good enough, individually and collectively.

MON RA DOSSERS

A stepping stone away from greater things? We're a kick in the arse away from Division 1 football. It's time McGhee, Boyle and the rest got real. Will McGhee still be saying, we're only one game away from turning things round when we are anchored firmly to the foot of the SPL table? I seriously hope January brings some fresh faces because if not, I really fear for Motherwell this season.

Having read through the thread again I think I am somewhere in the middle of the two poles; McGhee OUT and it's opposite number, 'It's awright we will be fine.'

We may well BE fine however after the most successful season in many a recent year WHY we didn't bring in quality better than Jim O'Brien I'll never know. Don't give us the 'Who then?' argument - that's not my Job - but look around the SPL - Aluko, Taohuil, Bauben, Flood all for absolutely nowt - if we had our eye on them they could ALL be in Claret and Amber. The signings HAVE NOT BEEN GOOD ENOUGH.

With that, we have to give him time in January. If we bring in 3 loan signings then so be it - our actual squad will be paper thin but hopefully, if McGhee stays out of departure lounges this summer, we can sort it then.

We have to forget ALL aspirations of the top 6. I'm sure that time has passed (remmber THIS is the run of games we are supposed to be chalking up serious points). However, we can easily still survive, be very safely safe and who knows - with said astute signings and a collective boot up the farter a Hampden appearance could still await us. (If we get past Loco that is :rolleyes: )

McGhee should put all thoughts of 'moving to bigger and better things' out of his head, buckle down work hard and try and make a go of it with us. If he can turn our season around then he'd be thought better of by the fans and his stock might rise again.

As far as signings are concerned he wants to forget about getting 'out of favour' OF players in that we can't afford to pay wages (e.g. Malcolm) and get his scouts out looking around seriously the way those at the likes of Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, Falkirk and Hibs have done.

McGhee should put all thoughts of 'moving to bigger and better things' out of his head, buckle down work hard and try and make a go of it with us. If he can turn our season around then he'd be thought better of by the fans and his stock might rise again.

As far as signings are concerned he wants to forget about getting 'out of favour' OF players in that we can't afford to pay wages (e.g. Malcolm) and get his scouts out looking around seriously the way those at the likes of Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, Falkirk and Hibs have done.

I tend to agree with you that the only way McGhee will get the move that he so dearly wants is if he focuses totally on the job at hand and turns things around. I suspect though (as someone else posted, sorry can't remember who) he may do a Roy Keane and walk away citing lack of funds/appreciation by the fans.

Your second point is one that's rankled with me for some time. But I don't think we can blame McGhee on this one (much as I'd like to :) ). Since McLean left, we have lost the ability to unearth the hidden gems that he found. Who had heard of Cusack, Nijholt, McKinnon or Dykstra before they'd signed for us? I know times are tight in Scottish football, but as you point out, other clubs have managed to find quality players. We need to be signing players looking to make a name for themselves, not players living off the fact that they once played for the old Firm...

As I said in The Accies thread

"Time for McGhee to start working for his inflated wages, double training sessions etc and a much improved performance against Accies because if we don't win that match his credabilty as a good manager must start going down hill, and on this form he has no chance of getting the beloved Shellic job, He has to have the players fired up for this one and we MUST win this one."

He rightly got all the praise last season, but lets see if he can stand up and take the flack.

Fingers crossed or we are going down quicker than a Paisley hooker.

You don't become a bad manager in the space of a few months. McGhee proved last season he can get the best out of a limited squad, and whilst it's true you're only as good as your last result, I think he will turn this bad patch around. The difference between this season and last is stark, and it's true to say that, whilst the team overachieved last season, they are underachieving this. From the UEFA cup to bottom of the league in three months isn't good enough. Now McGhee has to show his mettle during the bad times and prove he can reverse a freefall. I personally think he has the ability; indeed the consensus has been he will eventually leave Motherwell for a bigger club. Well, he needs to prove himself in the here and now before he gets that chance. He must address why the team's fortunes have nosedived so dramatically, and do it fast.

He has made your club financially secure, which is a blessing in the current economic climate. I see what you're saying and that man, but I think he might have been looking to long term sustenance rather than short term gain.

Why do you come on and tell us everyday how good Mark McGhee has been for us, and dish out all these claims. Not trying to be harsh, but to say McGhee has made us financially secure is just a lie.

The guy wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the club giving him a massive rise in wages. It wasn't because he 'loves the club so much' he didn't go to Hearts, he successfully used that to get more money out of our club.

McGhee hasn't done a thing for our finances, the reason we are now operating at almost a profit, or at least breaking even is down to John Boyle. Sure he's alienated 70% of the suppport in the process, but there you go.

He'll be leaving Motherwell to sign on if he doesn't get his arse in gear. I can't wait for the usual we can turn this around soundbites on the official site.

I used that one myself :P . But panicking at the first sign of trouble isn't the answer. I think McGhee is good enough to put this right. I certainly hope so. :lol:

Today's line up was a shambles. The everpish RIGHT footed Steven McGarry LEFT side of midfield the everpish goal a game all season to the opposition Mark Reynolds gets ANOTHER game oh and guees what he causes ANOTHER goal. Is he shagging MM's daughter or something he should'nt be anywhere NEAR a central defence. The everpish and NEVER pass a ball to another Motherwell player Paul Quinn gets CENTRAL midfield role. :P:lol: .Maros Krimpl SHITE he can leave also. IT'S TIME TO CHANGE OUR MANAGER MCGEE MUST GO.....

I used that one myself :P . But panicking at the first sign of trouble isn't the answer. I think McGhee is good enough to put this right. I certainly hope so. :lol:

I'd like to share your optimisim but this isn't the first sign of trouble, that was weeks ago. I'd like to see him put this right but I don't think he has the time to turn things round. I think he should go now.