Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic! Gaun yersel' JB!

Changed days from when he let Butcher walk out for nowt.

Very different circumstances. I liked Terry but could see things were drifting away and we'd probably have been showing him the door eventually if things continued as they were. Not to say we shouldn't have gotten some compensation, was it ever definate we didn't anyway, but one thing letting some go easy for a move somewhere like Sydney and another when they moving to an SPL rival. So get in and screw the sheep for all we can get, but mind and make sure we not left with McGhee but I not fussed over the Butcher compensation issue.

The Martinez one is because Wigan canny get a hold of the Swansea chairman to iron out compensation for RM's backroom staff - he's no' answering his phone apparently! :nod:

Inverness have issued a 'hands off to vultures' warning to Murrawell re Butcher and Malpas :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullst...tures!.html

Buthcher would be a step back, the football we played when he was in charge was dreadful. He's a good motivator but the long ball tactics were dire.

My memory of Butcher's team was that during first couple of seasons we played or tried to play decent fitba on the deck. Very sporadically during the season we finished bottom and more consistently if not quite as pleasing to the eye during season after on way to cup final and top 6. Long ball did creep in more and more though towards the end as we ground out results though and I do agree he'd be a step back.

Step forward Tommy McLean. In the words of the song...."Nobody does it better"!.

Anyway, it looks as if we will be put out of our misery soon enough ....

Clicky

Stuart.

Just read the online Evening Express article, the actual paper article says the deal has stalled because JB is demanding £260k for McGhee & Leitch and Stewart Milne is only willing to pay £150k!! and it has taken 6 days to reach this far, I wonder what the haggling started at!!

What happens if a deal can't be reached? Can a tribunal set the compensation? If not, John Boyle should walk into negotiations and ask if he's getting £200k before he sits down. If the answer's no, he should just turn on his heels and order up lovely new Canterbury tracksuits with McG and SL on them.

What happens if a deal can't be reached? Can a tribunal set the compensation? If not, John Boyle should walk into negotiations and ask if he's getting £200k before he sits down. If the answer's no, he should just turn on his heels and order up lovely new Canterbury tracksuits with McG and SL on them.

How is any compensation calculated? If it is based on salary and remaining term of contract surely 200k for both was a bit low, I thought they both got big rises last year?

It depends what exactly is in McGhee's contract. If it says he can only leave for a certain amount of compensation, then JB can hold out for that. If that isn't reached, and McGhee resigns, then JB would be able to sue him for breach of contract and get the money from McGhee directly.

I think. :nod:

How is any compensation calculated? If it is based on salary and remaining term of contract surely 200k for both was a bit low, I thought they both got big rises last year?

If we were to have sacked both then I am quite sure they would have been entitled to the remainder of their contract - dependant on specific terms of course. That being the case then I would expect that in return we should be due the exact same which I would put at a minumum £200k PA. You would have to imagine that MM was on £150-£200k and SL on £75-£100k.

So if it is true that skinflint Miller and Milne were trying to get away with £100k. Brass neck or what - chancing Arabs.

In fact there is a case to say we should get more if we have to end up paying compensation to attract another Manager. As we would not be in this position if they did not want our Manager.

Put up or shut up Aberdeen and stop wasting all our time.

mmg will leave and be confirmed as aberdeen boss early next week. Its still uncertain if scott leitch will be following him to aberdeen. The final straw was when motherwell couldn't compete with gillingham for money. Boyle has just run out of money and unfortunately a fair few players will leave at the end of the season as we already knew. Apparently mmg has recommended Kevin Dillon as a candidate for the job. The former reading assistant manager is a close friend and is currently out of a job since Steve Coppel and him were sacked from Reading after loosing the playoffs to Burnley. Hes got premiership and championship experience. Could be a long shot but thats what Iv been told. :thumbup:

mmg will leave and be confirmed as aberdeen boss early next week. Its still uncertain if scott leitch will be following him to aberdeen. The final straw was when motherwell couldn't compete with gillingham for money. Boyle has just run out of money and unfortunately a fair few players will leave at the end of the season as we already knew. Apparently mmg has recommended Kevin Dillon as a candidate for the job. The former reading assistant manager is a close friend and is currently out of a job since Steve Coppel and him were sacked from Reading after loosing the playoffs to Burnley. Hes got premiership and championship experience. Could be a long shot but thats what Iv been told. :thumbup:

I don't doubt your info GM.

However - I think it's time to hunt the both of them - they've known the job at Motherwell for a long time and fully understood the financial constraints and their implications. Part of the reason that we aren't bringing in players are their new improved salaries plus things like Bob Malcolms salary. There not entirely to blame for MFC's financial weakness in the transfer market - however they contribute / have contributed to that position.

What I'm trying to say in a roundabout way is that if they want to fuck off for a slightly bigger football budget at a slightly bigger club then that's what they should do and fair play to them. They shouldn't turn it round on the financial budget at MFC when they knew fine well what the position has been for a long time.

I'm not interested in who MMcG rates - we'll sort it ourselves.