Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

Its sad, if the man had any humility and never had this arrogant streak then most of us would applaud him for the incredible job he's done at Motherwell and wish him all the best. Instead he's managed to unite the majority of fans for the first time, unfortunately Mark we're united with our disgust in the way you've treated our club, especially this last week.

'Mr Motherwell' cannot be exempt from this too. If Leitch believes in his heart the way Mark McGhee has treated his beloved Motherwell is acceptable, then maybe its best that Scott is heading up north to the wilderness too.

I think its a good move for McGhee and even prior to the Sunday Herald article i'd of still wished him all the best. But the nonsense since, added to the numerous flirtations with other clubs managerial posts is enough for me to count ourselves lucky that we've finally got rid of this modern day footballing prostitute.

Sad day for MFC, but we'll move onward, and i sincerely hope upwards aswell.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its sad, if the man had any humility and never had this arrogant streak then most of us would applaud him for the incredible job he's done at Motherwell and wish him all the best. Instead he's managed to unite the majority of fans for the first time, unfortunately Mark we're united with our disgust in the way you've treated our club, especially this last week.

'Mr Motherwell' cannot be exempt from this too. If Leitch believes in his heart the way Mark McGhee has treated his beloved Motherwell is acceptable, then maybe its best that Scott is heading up north to the wilderness too.

I think its a good move for McGhee and even prior to the Sunday Herald article i'd of still wished him all the best. But the nonsense since, added to the numerous flirtations with other clubs managerial posts is enough for me to count ourselves lucky that we've finally got rid of this modern day footballing prostitute.

Sad day for MFC, but we'll move onward, and i sincerely hope upwards aswell.

Totall agree.

this move is very typical of McGhee and I for one wish him well and thank him for all he did for the club

the king is dead, long live the king (whoever they may be)

I am a bit pissed off Scott went with him.

OK, I may be in a minority of one here but I wish him all the best. We were flirting with disaster when he took over and he took a team of relegation contenders to 3rd spot and Europe. He made some good signings and worked well within the financial constraints that he was given.

He was always going to move on to a bigger club and, like it or not, the sheepshaggers are a bigger club than us.

So he hoowered himself about. How many of us have ambition in our careers? The thing with football is that it’s paying customers are fans. I may prefer to wipe my arse with Andrex quilted (with aloe vera) and that makes me a paying customer but it does not necessarily make me an Andrex fan. We support the team we love and expect those who work there to be supporters too but this is not always the case, especially when it comes to players and managers. So when they move on we take it personally and call them all the treacherous cocks of the day while forgetting the good they did at the club and forgetting that they came here and did what they were paid to do. He came to Motherwell and used us as a stepping stone to bigger things and in order to get those bigger things he had to do a good job here. As far as I am concerned he did that and the likelihood is that the next guy will do the same and I hope he does.

I don’t give a fuck who our manager supports, I only care that he does a good job of managing Motherwell.

While im glad to see him go - glad after the Sunday Herald article, all the McGhee quotes i've read on here this past hour don't show him saying anything good about us, maybe thats been posted up here for a reason..... agenda??

Heres what he said.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...erdeen_boss.php

"It was a difficult decision but I feel it was the right decision," he said. "Things have moved on a little bit.

"Motherwell had lost two or three players and we looked like losing two or three more due to the circumstances in the Scottish game, so it was becoming more and more difficult to maintain the performance and levels that we set over the last couple of years. "I felt that the opportunity to go to Aberdeen, to a more stable environment, would allow me to make more of a challenge over the next few years than might be possible with Motherwell. It is a shame, I loved my time there."

Even if he didnt mean it, at least he has said he loved his time with us.

All the best to McGhee and Leitchy. They turned the club around in a very short space of time and for that I am grateful. Unfortunately in these times of famine, Aberdeen are probably a bit better off than us and can afford a wee night out at Martin Wishart's whereas we can only muster a fish tea at Henry Healys! :mad:

While im glad to see him go - glad after the Sunday Herald article, all the McGhee quotes i've read on here this past hour don't show him saying anything good about us, maybe thats been posted up here for a reason..... agenda??

Heres what he said.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...erdeen_boss.php

"It was a difficult decision but I feel it was the right decision," he said. "Things have moved on a little bit.

"Motherwell had lost two or three players and we looked like losing two or three more due to the circumstances in the Scottish game, so it was becoming more and more difficult to maintain the performance and levels that we set over the last couple of years. "I felt that the opportunity to go to Aberdeen, to a more stable environment, would allow me to make more of a challenge over the next few years than might be possible with Motherwell. It is a shame, I loved my time there."

Even if he didnt mean it, at least he has said he loved his time with us.

Don't you just love the Glasgow press. When it's the most natural thing in the world to head the story with 'Former Aberdeen star' they head it with 'Former Celtic star'

A rather worrying insight there into his thinking for leaving. He must feel that Well are heading into turbulent times, with or without him. Pleased he said the last bit.

Actually Mr. Shiny head, you're not the only one who feels like that, he did a good job while he was here, and some of the football was a joy to watch, There was, however, an inevitability about his leaving, especially after the last game when he sat in the dug out with his arms crossed for 90 minutes, then didn't appear with the team for the lap of honour.

He was good for us and we were good for him, yes, some things left a sour taste, but we had two good seasons and we seem to have had some reasonable dosh in compensation for him leaving. I don't wish him any great ill will, he is just symptomatic of the state of the game now.

I just hope JB chooses wisely.

What a start to his new job...admitting that your new employers are unfortunately second choice.

Spot on. In all my career I've never heard such a comment from a new start. How to win friends and influence people.

I thank our former management team for some good football, a 3rd place finish and a great trip to Nancy. On the other hand I won't miss the cup flops and the bitter taste that Mark McGhee has left in the mouth of many fans including mine. As for Scott Leitch - I wish him no harm but he has shown us no loyalty and I won't particularly welocme him back to Fir Park.

Spot on. In all my career I've never heard such a comment from a new start. How to win friends and influence people.

I thank our former management team for some good football, a 3rd place finish and a great trip to Nancy. On the other hand I won't miss the cup flops and the bitter taste that Mark McGhee has left in the mouth of many fans including mine. As for Scott Leitch - I wish him no harm but he has shown us no loyalty and I won't particularly welocme him back to Fir Park.

I agree Dave, MM has elevated our style of play and for that we should be grateful. He has done so not with a big budget but by making some shrewd acquisitions but mostly badgered our players into fitness and instilled a belief that they could be better. This will be very hard to replace IMHO.

While I am sad he is moving on to a marginally bigger club, I think the sentimental lure was huge and he likely thinks he has a better probability of getting to Europe on a regular basis.I can't begrudge him the chance of managing his old club but suspect he will be using it as a stepping stone to get a job down in England in the near future. That is his ultimate goal, Aberdeen just presented itself at the right time for him.

As for Leitch, money talks as they say but I suspect he is relishing the learning experience working alongside MM. He probably is prepping for his own foray into management. I can't really blame him for that nor question his loyalty. First and foremost, he must do what is best for his career. Now if he starts up the "Motherwell man" talk the next time he is looking for work then that is another story.

Best of luck to the guys. Let's hope we can get another guy in who is football astute and is a good man manager / motivator.