161 members have voted

1. 1. Where will it all end up

• Top Six
    • Bottom Six
    • Relegation
    • 3rd place
    • League title or champions league place
    • First cup win since 91

I've been reading quite a few post of the expectations for next season?

We've lost a lot of players with reall quality and still seem capable of playing good football.

The Pessimist will say we'll be lucky to survive whereas the optimists say they think we'll finish not only in the top six but maybe even achieve third.

I'm undecided on the issue, i've been to two out of the three pre season games and watched the flamurtari game on live feed.

I've seen us play some good football against teams i wouldn't regard as spl quality and lose twice.

Then i feel i saw the real motherwell play in llanelli.

We didn't deserve to lose either of them but we did lose.

The signing we've seen come in are encouraging and there is a lot of excitement around gannon building what will be "his" team.

So whats your thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said league winners or champions league :wub:

I think we'll get top six, think we''ll finish 5th or 6th though but with abit of luck you never know.

But I would love a good run in either cup. Even a bloody semi-final to look forward to. I would like one season where we don't bottle it against wee shitey teams. Hopefully Gannon can put that right this season.

Early days but I think the league may look like this given the state of play at the moment

1) Celtic (Mowbrey adding some freshness)

2) Rangers (may loose a few more players before the transfer deadline)

3) Aberdeen (hate to say it but i think MM will do with Abdeen what he did with us two seasons ago)

4) DUtd (very stable at the moment and CL is a good manager)

5) Hearts (thought they got lucky last year will get found out this year)

6) MWell (more hope than expectation but hoping Gannon can make the difference)

7) Hibs ( don't know about this one, could really end in tears for them if Yogi gets it wrong)

:wub: St Johnstone (think they will have that first season bounce like Accies last season)

9) St Mirren ( a club who are fairly stable at the moment and may have a bit of money to spend)

10) Accies (good manager in BR but going to loose some key players before the season starts)

11) Falkirk (going to have to rely on young players like ourselves but may just have enough talent to stay up)

12) Killie (just don't know where there inspiration is going to come from)

The fact is that from 3 to 12 it's pretty much anybody's guess.

What I have seen so far makes me confident that we can get a top 6 place, Gannon seems to be keen to play passing football using wingers and as long as he can add a scorer then I am confident we have the goods for top six. I agree that MM is probably gonna get the same response from the sheepies as he did with us, Hibs will become another wonderful passing team who cannae score, Accies might struggle though and I agree that Killie must be favourites to go down but I think Falkirk might run them close.

Unless we get in a few more (decent) players, I can't see it being anything other than a bottom 6 scrap. I'd settle for 7th place or at least comfortably out of any relegation battle.

I'm absolutely desperate to get back to Hampden!

:O:O

Backing up Ankles optimism on the other thread I feel we won't win the Europa League as it startred too early in the season for us.

But once we are up and running I fancy the domestic treble and if we don't get it then Mr Gannon can go back doon the road.

I'm away to lie down in a darkened room.

:wub::):)

To be fair, as long as we play some decent stuff and comfortably avoid relegation that'll do me this season.

Anything else a bonus. Transition year and all that.

Would agree with that one. Just now we've lost the backbone of our team and at present only have a couple of potentially good players (and Michael Fraser) in, aswell as plugging up other areas with kids.

Some good football, comfortably away from relegation and a good cup run would be a decent effort from Gannon.

Consolidation is the key this year. I'm hopeful Gannon will lay the foundation with a few new players while bringing on some of the youngsters. If we finish 7th or 8th, but with a good base for the following season, I will be happy with that.

I just hope the supporters give the man a chance to build and don't demand instant success.

With you on that one Richie. JG has been chucked into a mess, good players have left and he has had to deal with that and find his own men. Oh aye and had to travel every other week to play games that really matter to the club. I'm impressed so far and long may it continue.

Top six would be nice, but would rather see good football and have something to be proud of and shout about.

IN GANNON WE TRUST

Mon the WELL! :evilgrin:

Just another wee thought. I think this season somebody will split the old squirm anybody else got the same feeling? :O

Celtic - Will need to add at least another 3 new faces of some quality before they will be in any shape to win the title - could all go very very wrong for the 'celtic minded dream team'. May do well domestically as i feel european football will be missing from celtic park this year.

Rangers - Depends on what happens, if they lose some other key players like bougherra or mendes/davies then they could struggle. If not i think they are stick on champions this season as their team is stronger than that of celtic. Whatever happens it will be a very very boring team that wins the league. Nothing to excite the fans.

Aberdeen - Good squad of players. Will depend how they react to the new manager but all going well i can see them finishing 3rd at a canter.

Dundee Utd - Steady and reliable but could easily go very stale.

Hearts - Boring ... average....probably 5th

Motherwell - Have lost a lot of key players and their manager this year. New regiem needs time to settle in and make an impact unfortunately time is something that they do not have an motherwell must sign some decent quality replacments with experience for those they have lost and the new team must gel and hit the ground running or else a very very long hard season may be ahead. Should have no relegation worries as current squad is still stronger than a few others in the league.Mayby one to watch next season with the right direction.

Hibs - Could suffer what i expect celtic to do. Good football but with no end product. Could Struggle

St Johnstone - Not a bad squad thats quite settled,should survive.

St Mirren - Nothing exciting but safe.

Accies - In very serious trouble. Like motherwell,lost some key players over the close season with possibly more to go. Unlike Motherwell the rest of the squad isn't strong enough to build a team on. Relegation is a very real prospect.

Falkirk - Anything could happen as a fresh star happens for the bairns mainly playing WITH bairns - good luck to them,i hope they survive and may put on a good show along the way inheriting Yogis nice football but perhaps with a big of steel this term.

Killie - Probably the most stale team in the league however with that comes a certain steadiness that might scrape them by for another season....Just!

In no particular order

With you on that one Richie. JG has been chucked into a mess, good players have left and he has had to deal with that and find his own men. Oh aye and had to travel every other week to play games that really matter to the club. I'm impressed so far and long may it continue.

Top six would be nice, but would rather see good football and have something to be proud of and shout about.

IN GANNON WE TRUST

Mon the WELL! :evilgrin:

Just another wee thought. I think this season somebody will split the old squirm anybody else got the same feeling? :O

I do but it better no be the sheep cause a couldnae handle that smug wee prick if he did. I think Rangers might struggle badly this year!! If anyone is gonnae split them i think Dundee United.

There's no doubt that this season will be something of a transition for us, but I fancy us to cause a few upsets along the way. When Malpas left, McGhee managed to transform what was a woefully underperforming shambles into something exciting - who's to say that Gannon won't do the same?

I know it's perhaps wishful thinking, but I think the 'transition' tag might work to our advantage this year. Low-top six, I'd say.