The 'old Pics Of Fir Park' Thread

trafficlight

Whos is that with the '8' shirt on ?

I know it's the gentle Mr McVie in the air but surely Wullie P would normally have had the '8' shirt that season ?

Is it Pat Gardiner ? A side shot of his pigeon chist would confirm though.

To be honest if it is wee Pat then the view we've got was never seen by many defenders as you have to get by them afore they see yer erse :lol:

My memory is hazy but I think it's Pat Gardner who played in the midfield. This may have been his last season as I'm sure he was transferred to somewhere like Arbroath the following season.

Might be Gardner mate. I seem to remember he played very little that season and left us for pastures worse :-) He was the Fitzy of his era, in that he was the one the fans blamed everything on.

Looking back at them days when you had guys like Peter Miller, Stewart McLaren, Willie McVie and Gregor Stevens in your team, nae cnut f*cked wi' the 'Well :-)

Might be Gardner mate. I seem to remember he played very little that season and left us for pastures worse :-) He was the Fitzy of his era, in that he was the one the fans blamed everything on.

Looking back at them days when you had guys like Peter Miller, Stewart McLaren, Willie McVie and Gregor Stevens in your team, nae cnut f*cked wi' the 'Well :-)

Can confirm that is the one and only Pat Gardner. Signed from Dunfermline. Great passer of the ball but always a move ahead of team mates for which he got the stick!!!

Can confirm that is the one and only Pat Gardner. Signed from Dunfermline. Great passer of the ball but always a move ahead of team mates for which he got the stick!!!
I think your confusing 'a move ahead' with 'a week behind'. Arguably the worst player I can remember in a Motherwell shirt.

I'm with Cakes here ............ I was also of the belief the claret and amber was to do with racing colours of Lord Dalziel or Hamilton. Not sure now though.

Fir Park was donated to us tho ? yes ?

I have heard both versions re the claret and amber but the one I heard at an open day was about Bradford City

Murdo McLeod, Ray Farnigham (moustache) and Gary McAllister (I think)

Tam Boyd wearing No.6

I have heard both versions re the claret and amber but the one I heard at an open day was about Bradford City

Racing colours theory has been widely discredited in recent years. Seems when we were looking for an alternative to Blue we either copied Bradford cos of their FA Cup success or they donated a set to us for some unknown reason. Certainly our first C&A jerseys were the exactly the same as theirs of the time.

Bradford shirt of the time