Motherwell Girls Thread

Angie 1991

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club needs to promote its womens teams. We need to involve more women with the club both as spectators and players. Its only right therefore that the Official website should evote at least a page to its own female teams.

They're doing well and MFC should recognise that.

The club needs to promote its womens teams. We need to involve more women with the club both as spectators and players. Its only right therefore that the Official website should evote at least a page to its own female teams.

They're doing well and MFC should recognise that.

I know flow has made contact with some of them about making links via the official site but it's never happened

as for what next.......

a cold beer :lol:

That's the root of the problem Delboy - plenty of empty promises and no delivery. The parents of these girls, pay handsomely for the privilege of representing MFC and get the grand sum of NOTHING in return.

The difference in attitude between Hibs - on Saturday - and MFC is obvious, not just within the club, but based on the comments by some of the under13 boys on this site, also the support. The response from the Hibs and to be fair the Motherwell support on Saturday was tremendous and as others have alluded to the MFC Girls should be afforded at least the same opportunity as their Hibs counterparts and parade the trophies won this season.

• 3 months later...

nice to see the Motherwell girls getting a lap of honour at the Hamilton game for the League and cup double

but sad to hear the ladies team have decided change from Motherwell to Wishaw Juniors, from what I've been told it was partly down to the lack of support or recognition from Motherwell FC and the fact the Wishaw Juniors could offer them a pitch to play on!

but sad to hear the ladies team have decided change from Motherwell to Wishaw Juniors, from what I've been told it was partly down to the lack of support or recognition from Motherwell FC and the fact the Wishaw Juniors could offer them a pitch to play on!

If true thats not good, not good at all. It won't do the club's standing in the community much good.

nice to see the Motherwell girls getting a lap of honour at the Hamilton game for the League and cup double

Not a good look for the club.

Should be brought up at the AGM.

Not so much to do with getting a pitch to play on - though that is a bonus :lol:, more to do with the total lack of interest in all things to do with the Girls section.

At a time when virtually every other SPL team is encouraging growth in this area, MFC are left with no representation at any level in the women's game. As I said earlier all the parents paid for the privilege of their daughters turning out in the Claret and Amber and to be treated in such a derisory way is quite frankly disappointing to say the least.

'Scotland's Community Club'? - my arse - time to ditch the slogan :thumbup:

Personally I would rather see the club invest in areas where we are likely to see some return on our money ie: youth development, enhancing the matchday experience, commercial activity etc, instead of wasting time & resources on a women's team that will attract a tiny number of fans & generate hee haw in terms of interest or income outwith the friends & families of those involved.

:thumbup:

motherwell fc is what's on the park on a saturday.

what benefits do a girls team bring us?

:lol:

What benefit does the claret and amber club bring us

what benefit does the soccer schools bring us

what benefit does lifelong learning and PC skills classes bring us

what benefit does fat fans get fit classes bring us?

they are all about getting people involved in the club, the same as Motherwell Ladies & Girls sections should have been

Something has been seriously wrong in the setup and management of the club in that department, whilst i'm not involved in anything to do with it, I certainly thought it was pathetic that almost no recognition was given by the club for what was a hugely successful section.

not sure how much would need to be spent either in integrating and maintaining what essentially was a successful amateur setup that was running itself quite competently.

best of luck to those involved, shame it never worked out.

I wonder what MFC will do now, to involve girls in our community club

:lol:

What benefit does the claret and amber club bring us

gets young fans in through the gates. girls in a footbal team are likely to already have a chosen team to support

what benefit does the soccer schools bring us

hopefully improving the standard of young players in the country which will eventually improve the first 11

what benefit does lifelong learning and PC skills classes bring us

no idea. if we're not getting a healthy bit of government funding to do it then get rid. it was embarassing when the bam with burberry cap and tracksuit on was doing the half time shoot out last season

what benefit does fat fans get fit classes bring us?

i would have thought that's obvious. a fair number of our fans are heart attacks in waiting. the longer we keep them alive the more money they spend. simple economics.

if we were licensing our brand to the girls that's a good move on our behalf, hopefully we milked them.

pretty daft on the part of whoever was running the girls team though.

if we were licensing our brand to the girls that's a good move on our behalf, hopefully we milked them.

pretty daft on the part of whoever was running the girls team though.

Thank god others don't have quite have the same cynical attitude as you do - and yes you are right the majority of the girls had chosen a team to support - and it was MFC. Those who become C&A members, will probably already have that allegiance, therefore it is no gain in attracting young supporters.

Unlikely that the Soccer Shools will introduce anybody who the club are not already aware of, in playing terms, to the Club. Again they are likely to already have a link with the Club.

The whole excerise was by and large self-funding (parents paid £25.00 per month to see their offspring run out in C&A and I understand the club benefited from grant funding as a result of having a Girls team), arranged fundraising to purchase medals and equipment. Little was asked of the Club financially or supportively and in true Motherwell style, little was given. Doubt whether anyone has been fleeced - so sorry to disappoint you.

What might have been daft was allowing their heart to rule their head - the vast majority of the parents, girls, volunteer coaches and organisors were/are Motherwell supporters and wanted nothing more than play for a team that bore the name MFC Girls.

Your attitude quite frankly stiinks and I trust you will know doubt have plenty to say, when at the next opportunity you are being fleeced by Motherwell. Crawl back under your stone.

Thank god others don't have quite have the same cynical attitude as you do - and yes you are right the majority of the girls had chosen a team to support - and it was MFC. Those who become C&A members, will probably already have that allegiance, therefore it is no gain in attracting young supporters. Unlikely that the Soccer Shools will introduce anybody who the club are not already aware of, in playing terms, to the Club. Again they are likely to already have a link with the Club. The whole excerise was by and large self-funding (parents paid £25.00 per month to see their offspring run out in C&A and I understand the club benefited from grant funding as a result of having a Girls team), arranged fundraising to purchase medals and equipment. Little was asked of the Club financially or supportively and in true Motherwell style, little was given. Doubt whether anyone has been fleeced - so sorry to disappoint you. What might have been daft was allowing their heart to rule their head - the vast majority of the parents, girls, volunteer coaches and organisors were/are Motherwell supporters and wanted nothing more than play for a team that bore the name MFC Girls. Your attitude quite frankly stiinks and I trust you will know doubt have plenty to say, when at the next opportunity you are being fleeced by Motherwell. Crawl back under your stone.

Fuck right off. Pretty serious accusation that... The club received grant funding as a result of their association with the girls set-up and the girls never received benefit? Tant amount to fraud no?