Wee Article In The Herald

johnstone

" as they made their feelings quite clear on the man they used to idolise. "

There's the part the mainstream media refuse to understand. McGhee was a detrimental influence on the football club throughout his second season and everyone who bothered to look could see it. His nice little soundbytes for his mates in the press box made sure that nobody did.

" as they made their feelings quite clear on the man they used to idolise. "

There's the part the mainstream media refuse to understand. McGhee was a detrimental influence on the football club throughout his second season and everyone who bothered to look could see it. His nice little soundbytes for his mates in the press box made sure that nobody did.

I think that the thing Frazzle his mates are part of the old pals act that is Scottish Fitba! Another couple of results not going his way and it will be both sets of fans shouting at him in the next game. Wonder who's fault that will be?? :notworthy:

Nobody mentions the fact that he made no attempt to get players in or signed up. He is also reported to have agreed a transfer fee for Paul Slane to Celtic for £40k, which Boyle knocked back. Why did he do that? Because he thought he was going to be Celtic's next manager, and wanted one of our crown jewels of the future there as well. Good first season. Yes! But the guy is a knob end.

we should be aiming higher than playing like stockport county.

if we're trying to emulate any team it should be us two years ago.

Gannon want's Motherwell to play his style of football, not Mark McGhees. What better example of Gannons football than the team he used to very successfully manage?

Gannon want's Motherwell to play his style of football, not Mark McGhees. What better example of Gannons football than the team he used to very successfully manage?

it comes across as more of an ego trip, making the team sit down and watch his greatest moment on dvd.

add that to jimgannnon.co.uk, the fact that's he's in love with a 4-5-1 that doesn't suit the players we have, him constantly going on about winning fair play prizes and passing football without ever acknowledging that that's what we've been doing for the past couple of years and his determination to play the youngest team possible (most likely to enhance his reputation as someone who develops young players) and i think we could be dealing with someone who is as much of an egomaniac if not more so than mcghee.

i've been at 8 of the 9 games so far and it's been on the whole very positive the guy isn't the messiah and there are still some question marks around him.

it comes across as more of an ego trip, making the team sit down and watch his greatest moment on dvd.

add that to jimgannnon.co.uk, the fact that's he's in love with a 4-5-1 that doesn't suit the players we have, him constantly going on about winning fair play prizes and passing football without ever acknowledging that that's what we've been doing for the past couple of years and his determination to play the youngest team possible (most likely to enhance his reputation as someone who develops young players) and i think we could be dealing with someone who is as much of an egomaniac if not more so than mcghee.

i've been at 8 of the 9 games so far and it's been on the whole very positive the guy isn't the messiah and there are still some question marks around him.

Mr McGhee.... I presume..........

That's the most ridiculous analysis we have had on the board for quite some time.

Whit, I don't have friends that go to the games that I speak to weekly, hell DAILY even, about Motherwell and whose judgement I trust? That there's some astute observers on here (not you by the way) who don't succumb to the usual We Lost Therefore We are Pish or We Won Therefore We Are Juventus mantra whose opnion I value? Or do you think that after years of watching Hammell play from when he first broke into the team that he suddenly became a different player with different habits overnight? Or that I don't get occasional video access to games? Or that I don't listen to the radio whenever possible when Motherwell are playing?

That's plain silly.

:blink:

Whit, I don't have friends that go to the games that I speak to weekly, hell DAILY even, about Motherwell and whose judgement I trust? That there's some astute observers on here (not you by the way) who don't succumb to the usual We Lost Therefore We are Pish or We Won Therefore We Are Juventus mantra whose opnion I value? Or do you think that after years of watching Hammell play from when he first broke into the team that he suddenly became a different player with different habits overnight? Or that I don't get occasional video access to games? Or that I don't listen to the radio whenever possible when Motherwell are playing?

That's plain silly.

you're right the long distance fan retort wasn't really needed here.

i do think that gannon's ego might become a bit of a problem down the line. in the two away games he's made an arse of his team selection and both times subbed off experienced players to sort it when they probably weren't the best players to take off at those points. after the game at perth he said plenty about sutton and craigan and nothing about what his contribution to the poor first half might have been. it's still early days with gannon at the club and things look bright but i'm not the sort of person to launch into "in gannon we trust" posts or have blind faith in anyone. the guy has done a great job rebuilding what was a shambles and i'm looking forward to the games and enjoying watching the team, on here however i don't think it's unacceptable to give a bit of constructive critisicm or highlight problems that might arise down the road.

Ego trip? Or maybe just wanting players to watch more closely the style of football he plays. More of an egomaniac than McGhee, you are having a laugh surely? Listen to the man when he's being interviewed, the passion for the game comes across and the passion for doing as good as job as possibly he can for Motherwell shines through.

Fair play to him for giving the youngsters a chance. Of course there are going to be question marks but for gods sake, we are unbeaten in the league, remember times where we were scraping along the bottom till Christmas? I do.

Dealing with someone who has a passion for the game and not only talks the talk but walks it as well.