Dundee United Game

jonnymfc

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, the only concern for me is the lack of goals. Once we get that sorted we really could be flying.

im thinking that aswell but i think jim gannon will address that in january if we can get a goal scorer we are flying imagine porter mccormack or mcdonald in this team we would be unstopable

I'm absolutely amazed by the start we've had to the season.

I'm not amazed myself. The difference between Llanelli and Flamurtari at home was noticeable. In 2009, beating any team 8-1 is exceptional. I was one of the few here to know of Gannon before he arrived as I have a friend who was born in Stockport though brought up in Motherwell. The Stockport fans, remember, were very complementary to Gannon on his appointment. 

What does surprise me is that our early success has come about largely without some recent regulars; no need to name them as you all know who they are. What this does indicate is when some of the youngsters' form dips (and it inevitably will), we may sustain our good form by bringing more experienced players in. Keeping every player happy is the major concern I have looking forward; though when you are joint third and unbeaten in the league after 5 and played 3 away, everyone at the club should be delighted; playing or not.

More surprising and perhaps amazing (albeit a little off-topic) is that the officials are finally sending Old Filth players off and awarding penalties against them. :P  

SD

Right now, the only concern for me is the lack of goals. Once we get that sorted we really could be flying.

We did score 5 in the first two games remember!!

Last three games have been away to Aberdeen and Dundee Utd and home to the champions. Don't think we have too much to worry about yet :angry:

Just back.

Ruddy MotM by a long shot. It was like holding on for a point against the old firm in the last half hour. We defended well but just couldn't keep United away from our penalty box. Great result after being very unlucky last week

Just back in from the game today after a nice easy run back from Dundee. Felt a great journey after 3 pts up there.

Wasnt our best performance of the season but the team ground out a result and I will say we are a very hard team to score against.

Big Ruddy was fantastic today, I cant wait to see the three saves he made in the 2nd half, from where I was they looked world class.

Saunders and Reynolds again looked solid, what a calm pair of heads the two of them are. I dont think Saunders lost a header in the air again, that boy is a touch of quality, his distribution was also great, always to feet and never flustered, up against Cadamarteri who had a good game.

Another solid performance from Hately, his range of passing and his tackling in the holding midfield role was fantastic. Maros who?????

Was gutted for Jenno getting taken off but who can argue with the Messiah Jimbo, was a tactical decision that paid off and I think his soft booking just before that made up Jimbo's mind. Also though big Lukas had a good gam when he came on.

Really happy with the result and just shows you today how far we have come on.

I cannot wait for the next game now, the Hivees at home (also ICT).

Bring it on.....

Just in.

Not the best performance, but delighted we managed to grind out a result, and Ruddy's triple save was world class. Thought Coke had a very poor game, but he's been blinding all season so he's allowed a poor performance every so often!

The referee was a wanker who wanted to make sure everyone was watching him instead of the actual game, thankfully he didn't cost us the points.

Jim Gannon's Motherwell Army!

My only worry is that I don't think we are creating many chances in the box and are looking a bit light weight up front. Passing wasn't as good today as last week and the team tended to rely on Coke too much in the centre of the pitch. However great result ,defence looking solid with Ruddy commanding his box brilliantly. Hope we can beat ICT with some style on Tuesday and continue the good form against Hibs. Support from the Well fans was great anybody any idea of how many were at the game ?

Great result today. Many is the time teams have come to Fir Park and stolen three points. Think we did that today but not complaining.

Ruddy's saves really were World class and I am really looking forward to seeing them again on the TV.

For me the ref ruined the game a bit today. Surprised he was not wearing a t shirt saying 'look at me'. He was equally poor with both teams so no complaints about the balance of decisions but he ruined any chance of a flowing game.

As other have said, felt sorry for Jennings but it was the right decision. Anybody on a yellow card today was going to be in real danger of getting sent off.

Support from the Well fans was great anybody any idea of how many were at the game ?

Thought that masel although I couldny see up to the top section. Was it quite full too?

As for the game, thought Dundee United done well to stifle our attempts to play fitba. Didny give us any time on the ball at all and the big lads throughout the team went through our players in most 50/50s. Ruddy controlled everything in the box and had 5 seconds of absolute quality with that triple save. Canny wait to see the highlights just for that.

I think a draw would have been a fairer result but I guess it makes up for the 2 points dropped against Rangers last week. :angry:

I wouldn't be too critical. That Dundee Utd team today is the best team we have played in the league this season, plus we are away from home.

We had to battle for that today, and at the end of the day it was one moment of inspiration from Jim O'Brien that won it for us.

It is a testiment to Dundee United that we looked a lot more defensive than we did against Rangers. For me that was a better result today than the draw last week against a very ordinary Rangers team.

I thought the number 9 for us(not even going to try to spell his name!) changed it for us. They may be a very quick team, but it was important that we were more direct to try and by-pass their quick midfield.

I'm excited that Jim is willing to change our team and formation to suit each game. We really have a squad that work as part of a team, and I think with a bit of luck we can get a good run on the go.

Scott

Not the best of games, the referee has a lot to do with that though, what a nit picking wankbag!

Coke was guilty of holding onto the ball for too long today, Jennings was unlucky to get took off but he was the poorer of the midfielders and I think big Jukebox done pretty good in spells when he came on, although he could be too similar to Sutton.

Ruddy was class, put in an assured performance, not afraid to come flying out of his box to grab the ball and his shot stopping was World class, hes still prone to the odd daft wee mistake though, dare I say the second coming of Sieb Dykstra :angry:

Dug the heels in and grinded out the result though! Hibs next Saturday....