January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunned. Canny believe Reynolds isn't away.

I think he'd have been off to Fulham had the Chris Smalling move to Man U gone through this month.

As it's not happening until the summer, I expect they'll make their move then, while keeping an eye on him and being happy that he'd still be playing every week.

Would have liked another striker in, but when Craig Brown refused to let McHugh go out on loan, that told the story right there. For my money, if we could have got a striker in, letting McHugh go out on loan to a Div 1 team would have been a good idea. Toughen him up a bit, let him get built up physically. I reckon it would help him as I think he's too easily brushed off the ball at the moment.

But it would appear not to be. If the right back turns out to fit the bill, it wouldn't be the worst transfer window. Aberdeen have done well, as have Kilmarnock though they're strengthening a very weak team...

If the right back turns out to fit the bill, it wouldn't be the worst transfer window. Aberdeen have done well,

This.

When you think we have basically also signed two players that would walk into any team outwith the Old Firm in Ruddy and Jutkiewicz and added quality to the midfield in McGlinchey it is a very good window imo.

• 2 weeks later...
Darren Smith has joined Second Division side Stenhousemuir on an emergency loan deal till March 13th.

The 21-year-old, former Scotland U19 and U21, has been plagued by injury this term culminating in surgery to his hip in the autumn.

Having recovered at the tail end of the 2009, he has been one of the victims of ‘Well’s recent form, struggling to get regular football.

As a result, he’ll spend this next month at Ochilview with the aim of getting competitive first-team football and helping The Warriors in their bid for a play-off place.

Smith spoke exclusively to motherwellfc.co.uk, “It’s a great opportunity for me to get games and get my fitness and sharpness back.

“With no Reserve League it has meant I’ve not had much of a chance to get myself back after the injury lay-off.

“I’ll go to Stenny and try my hardest for the team whilst I am there and hopefully, come mid-March, I’ll be back fitter and stronger to give the gaffer another option in the remaining months of the season.”

Source: Official Site