The East Stand

Juan Kerse

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

................... when the last game at fir park has been played I will be heartbroken.

You and me both mate :woop: but do we really want 'Well fans of the decades to come having this very same debate about FP ?

In order to maintain our status on the park, we will have to progress off it.

StevieD - Think your spot on with that assessment. You only have to look at the bottom end of Airbles Road where Barratt have been proposing to build flats fur years and probably never will...

The land is probably worth a mint, but no one will buy it for a few years yet.

If Ravenscraig gets built, then the council may well give us a stadium for free/cheap to attract people to the area and investment from the government for a train station etc. Until then, the club need to decide to make it look even more like a patchwork quilt or bulldoze the offending stands and rebuild.

Fair do's mate , the only one i can think of in the Scottish Premier is Killie and that isnt paying all that well.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see this happening as i have stated but dont think it would solve our problems as some seem to think.

Killie and Livvy both built Hotel/Leisure complex's and in both cases it these very investments which are dragging the clubs down. Livvy's financial problems stemmed fro mthe hotel lossing money and Killie are experiencing the same problems. They even had to sell off the hotel car park and are looking to jettison the hotel completely, if they havent already done it.

Someone said sell off the land but nobody is buying right now. Someone else said rebuild the Main and East stand but this was rebuffed by the suggestions of old mine workings hampering the foundations. if that is true would it not make selling the land Fir Park is on for redevelpoment very difficult given said mine workings would hinder foundations for anything else built on the land ???

Given that the club is skint rebuilding and moving isnt an option so it looks like fixing her up is the only option.

There are problems with the East Stand, the amount of water that comes down out of the roof is ridiculous. The toilet facilities are also poor but I very rarely use them living close to the stadium. Better exits would also be welcomed.

However, generally the East Stand is fine for watching football from. When I go to a game I just want to sit down and watch the game. Maybe I'm old fashioned in that regard but I don't really care about 'facilities'. The couple of times I've been in hospitality I've not really enjoyed the match as much as I would have if I'd been in the East.

Frankly I think a lot of people are just soft these days. Oh no it's cold! Oh no they don't have canapes! Oh no the seat isn't cushioned in deep velvet!

StevieD - Think your spot on with that assessment. You only have to look at the bottom end of Airbles Road where Barratt have been proposing to build flats fur years and probably never will...

The land is probably worth a mint, but no one will buy it for a few years yet.

If Ravenscraig gets built, then the council may well give us a stadium for free/cheap to attract people to the area and investment from the government for a train station etc. Until then, the club need to decide to make it look even more like a patchwork quilt or bulldoze the offending stands and rebuild.

joe the deals been done :lol:

There are problems with the East Stand, the amount of water that comes down out of the roof is ridiculous. The toilet facilities are also poor but I very rarely use them living close to the stadium. Better exits would also be welcomed.

However, generally the East Stand is fine for watching football from. When I go to a game I just want to sit down and watch the game. Maybe I'm old fashioned in that regard but I don't really care about 'facilities'. The couple of times I've been in hospitality I've not really enjoyed the match as much as I would have if I'd been in the East.

Frankly I think a lot of people are just soft these days. Oh no it's cold! Oh no they don't have canapes! Oh no the seat isn't cushioned in deep velvet!

I think seats are overrated. Bring back the terracing. The game would have been on yesterday if we'd have been able to stand and stamp the cold out of our feet...and I'm glad to see the new training thingwy is up the Back Road..... :wallbash:

I'll be sad to see the back of Fir Park but it'll be worth it if we get better facilities, especially training facilities for the team.

Can't see how we could have done much in the way of rebuilding the East Stand with the limited space.

I'm surprised that any deal has been done as demolition costs for Fir Park will wipe off a lot of value from the land and the construction industry is in a bad way.

I know that it was costing a fortune each close season to look after the POD and East Stand. Bit of a shame to spend all that money on the pitch just to move.

Anyone know of likely timescales for the new ground.

I'll be sad to see the back of Fir Park but it'll be worth it if we get better facilities, especially training facilities for the team.

Can't see how we could have done much in the way of rebuilding the East Stand with the limited space.

I'm surprised that any deal has been done as demolition costs for Fir Park will wipe off a lot of value from the land and the construction industry is in a bad way.

I know that it was costing a fortune each close season to look after the POD and East Stand. Bit of a shame to spend all that money on the pitch just to move.

Anyone know of likely timescales for the new ground.

Nice Avatar Heid The Ba, Andy Paton and Stevie Kirk from our two Cup winning teams! That must have been a good night if those guys were there together!

Think I can remember 2 deaths in my time there, both victims of heart attacks and stretchered out. Sure 1st was a Rangers fan when it was terracing and the other a 'Well fan in the early 90's.

Not certain about either, but something is twigging at the grey matter.

Edit. Hibs fan that got dart in his head was very lucky to survive :doh: