The East Stand

Juan Kerse

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I and Willie Wonka could supply the golden ticket for the winner.

Live in the real world ffs, i would love a custom built stadium but in this climate it aint gonna happen. Lets get real and try and upgrade the facilities we have and get a team playing decent football, never mind the fancy generated fantasy.

Imo the sensible way is to fix what we have in the short term.

I and Willie Wonka could supply the golden ticket for the winner.

Live in the real world ffs, i would love a custom built stadium but in this climate it aint gonna happen. Lets get real and try and upgrade the facilities we have and get a team playing decent football, never mind the fancy generated fantasy.

Imo the sensible way is to fix what we have in the short term.

bit harsh IMO, plenty other clubs have done it before us.

bit harsh IMO, plenty other clubs have done it before us.

Fair do's mate , the only one i can think of in the Scottish Premier is Killie and that isnt paying all that well.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see this happening as i have stated but dont think it would solve our problems as some seem to think.

............. there is fuck all wrong with east stand.

It's a converted covered terrace, and holds a hell of a lot of very fond memories for me before and after the seats were installed. I would shed a tear if it was to go, just like I did when they knocked down the Knowetop End ..... but that was progress.

We moved from Roman Road and from Parkhead Street, to secure the long term future of the Club.... it's called progress. If we stay at Fir Park then we deny future generations of Motherwell fans the benefits we realised because of the foresight of previous officials of the Club.

It's a converted covered terrace, and holds a hell of a lot of very fond memories for me before and after the seats were installed. I would shed a tear if it was to go, just like I did when they knocked down the Knowetop End ..... but that was progress.

We moved from Roman Road and from Parkhead Street, to secure the long term future of the Club.... it's called progress. If we stay at Fir Park then we deny future generations of Motherwell fans the benefits we realised because of the foresight of previous officials of the Club.

Come on read my full post not just that bit you have quoted :lol: . I said it may be the forward in other words I am reluctantly agreeing with you. I just don't think its the deathtrap everyone thinks it is. It does have a problem with the toilets and the shocking catering but apart from that I fail to see the problem. I do accept we have to leave in the long term but as I have already said to my mate today when the last game at fir park has been played I will be heartbroken.

Would I be right in saying that the land Fir Park is on is worth millions? I vaguely remember something about that being said before.

If it has to happen, then sell the land, groundshare for a year while we're building a new stadium, bob's your uncle!

Does the east and main stand no need painted so often in a special fire retardand paint? I seem to mind reading somewhere just the scaffolding costs to do this were enormous.

We are getting closer and closer to the point where we just need to give up on the old girl and move. It's times like this that I'm pretty envious of clubs like Falkirk who bit the bullet and now have a cracking wee ground.

I think we will end up going down the same road and building a ground stand by stand, so the sooner we get started the better.

The only other suggestion I have is insurance job!

Does the east and main stand no need painted so often in a special fire retardand paint? I seem to mind reading somewhere just the scaffolding costs to do this were enormous.

We are getting closer and closer to the point where we just need to give up on the old girl and move. It's times like this that I'm pretty envious of clubs like Falkirk who bit the bullet and now have a cracking wee ground.

I think we will end up going down the same road and building a ground stand by stand, so the sooner we get started the better.

The only other suggestion I have is insurance job!

a couple of carefully placed fireworks in the pod. :lol:

If we do get a new stadium it will be a st mirren style flatpack stadium. Cheaply made with no real atmosphere. Would love to see the East Stand restored though for the future generations.

If we do get a new stadium it will be a st mirren style flatpack stadium. Cheaply made with no real atmosphere. Would love to see the East Stand restored though for the future generations.

Hope not, I liked the scarlets stadium in wales with the big walls above the pitch hope if we did get a new stadium we would get it like that it would also help the running on the park at the end of the season

I don't buy this "new stadia have no atmosphere" stuff. It's up to the fans to generate atmosphere, not the builders.

Fir Park is a shitehole with little to no atmosphere! At least in a new ground we wont have to pay fortunes every summer to make the stadium barely pass its safety inspections. The east end boaby crew will chant their shite patter no matter where we play

Sadly Saturday proved that the stand isn't up to the task anymore and the sooner we move the better for all I think.

One other thing, just between the doors for the gents near the stairs, there is a roof panel which seems to get benter every game with rainwater, one day it's going to collapse on someone and there is going to be a funny accident.

And you're studying journalism? Nothing quite like the hyperbole on here when a game gets called off. The worst winter temperatures and weather for a right few years and it's time to rip the place down, away and ger yer hole or a pie.

Despite the catering and the toilets there is fuck all wrong with east stand.

..and the leaking roof, the inch deep puddles INSIDE, the mouldy seats you are MADE to sit on, the chronic 1 way in/out access etc..

I would love a rebuilt east and Main stands - both similar height - like mini Tynecastle stands. Fact is to raise cash we would prob need to sell the ground and move to a livi style ground in some sort of sponsorship or partnership deal with the coonsil.

Fine by me though!

The puddles were only as bad last week though because of the snow melting through it, there'd have been alot up there, more than any usual rain fall would have been coming off. There's also only one way in and out for good reason, so your not coming out the other side into te away support. Fir Parks acctually not bad like that.

Regenerating the east stand by putting a new roof on it and building a new main stand would be far cheaper than the outlay for a new stadium. Where we'd have to purchase land then build 4 new stands. Building a new roof and a new stand would cost alot less I'm sure.

Yeah but selling the groung that Fir park stands on would fund a new stadium.

We have no money to upgrade what we have. The costs will still run to over a million easy

Who's going to buy that land? it's not really good for a supermarket as its not really got the access. So that means it would need to be bought by a housing developer, nobodies building hoses just now, so who's buying it in the near future?

No one's gonna buy it mate - we're probably 2 yrs too late / 2 years too early

I think that's the whole point mate. It's been well discussed many times on this site.

We're in a major predicament - the only way out is selling to a property developer and that ain't gonna happen for at least a year.

And we obviously don't have the funds required to rebuild.