The East Stand

Juan Kerse

I have my tin-hat on here but this winter has seriously got me thinking about the East Stand. It has to go - very soon!!

On Saturday there I saw an old guy fall on his puss on the stairs, the puddles on the 'concourse' had actual fish in them swimming about like fuck, there where FULL metal bins collecting water from the roof, 1 toilet was closed and the other sprayed pish on you from a burst pipe.

You then take your 'seat' and it is manky, usually bent to fuck and you still get dripped on!!

And they make US pay £18 to spend a couple of hours in there. Not only once you go up at Half Time you can't have a beer, the catring facilites are 2nd/3rd division standard.

Clearly, this sounds like a right old moan and when I am blootered tommorow I won't give two shites but I went to the Newcastle game yesterday and paid just £7 more to get in than I do in the East Stand. The concourse was carpeted, with comfy seats for everyone to sit in at Half Time to eat their pie and drink a beer. You can sit and watch the Sky Sports on plasma tellies everywhere and did I mention you could drink Beer!! This wasn't even the Prawn Sandwhich munching seats. I couldn't believe that the East Stand is only £7 less!!

Now, forget the Beer - not MFC's fault but a new stand that doesn't leak, with modern facilities, a decent councourse etc...

It is surely a must to do this before it is shut down anyway!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to post this just a few says before I'm due to take my bow in said stand. Now I'm frightened; you say no alcohol. Does this restriction include champagne with which to enjoys ones prawn sandwich? And there'd better be lobster on sale at the pie stall. This is the twenty-first century :notworthy:

Oh, and I want a seat that turns into bed, like B.A. long haul

You would have to post this just a few says before I'm due to take my bow in said stand. Now I'm frightened; you say no alcohol. Does this restriction include champagne with which to enjoys ones prawn sandwich? And there'd better be lobster on sale at the pie stall. This is the twenty-first century :notworthy:

Fuck all wrong with it i say.

Not sure how it passes a health and safety check. Maybe they only inspect at the start of the season?

I did notice the water collecting in the buckets and it reminded me of Fir Park in the 60's and 70's, now that was a health and safety risk. Just ask anyone who used the old open plan terracing toilets. :notworthy:

Try not to be so patronising. I'm sure many would like a beer and a bit of Sky Sports at Half Time!!

Sure, you might like the 'quirks' but the novelty will soon wear off. Its not like it has much of an atmosphere these days to make up for the fact it is a shitehole.

I said I needed my tin-hat on!!

it reminded me of Fir Park in the 60's and 70's, now that was a health and safety risk. Just ask anyone who used the old open plan terracing toilets. :D

open plan is definitely the way to describe them !! :notworthy:

a brick wall behind a red ash mound ......can you imagine the uproar today if that was the "facilities" :notworthy::notworthy::lol::lol:

Well for a start the Main definately needs work done to it EVERY summer. I think the East does too. So there are savings to be made by replacing/moving before we do anything.

It won't be easy but money could be made by selling stand/stadium endorsement/sponsorship. Revenue streams can be built into new stands/stadium such a decent bar/offices/conference space/restaurant.corporate seats/boxes or whatever...

..but yea there does need to be some investment initially.

Sadly Saturday proved that the stand isn't up to the task anymore and the sooner we move the better for all I think.

One other thing, just between the doors for the gents near the stairs, there is a roof panel which seems to get benter every game with rainwater, one day it's going to collapse on someone and there is going to be a funny accident.

For me, the only way you can improve the East Stand would be to bulldoze it and build a stand similar to Tynecastle across from the main.

We don't have the boodle to do that, so we have to make do with oor East Stand me thinks.

It could do with a new Tannoy, it could do with better catering, it could do with a bookies and it could do with beer. Interestingly, if you put beer in it, I have no doubt the rest would be paid for by the beer revenue.

Seriously thou, I would take it forward as a suggestion for the Trust to take to the club, anything that could improve the East but not cost a fortune. So gives your ideas, and if possible how much it would cost for your improvement. We canny put beer in but without Kenny McCaskill's say-so and he'll no allow it after he got lifted all them years ago.

Try not to be so patronising. I'm sure many would like a beer and a bit of Sky Sports at Half Time!!

Sure, you might like the 'quirks' but the novelty will soon wear off. Its not like it has much of an atmosphere these days to make up for the fact it is a shitehole.

I said I needed my tin-hat on!!

Big fucking woosh.