Vs. Hamilton Accies

Gaag

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pish game, awful pitch and terrible football.

But hey we won so who cares?

Well I fucking do. I am fucking raging that once again I have splashed the cash to watch a Motherwell team who I know can play decent football be forced to play long ball pish due to the pitch.

Anyone on here defending that shag heap is delusional.

Once again the club have let the fans down. Not only is the stadium a total wreck, the pitch is to. Thank god we have decent players and a good manager.

Sort it the fuck out Motherwell. No more pishy excuses too.

Sort it the fuck out Motherwell. No more pishy excuses too.
The guys that fixed over the summer said it might suffer a bit this winter. Given that Motherwell has had one of the worst winters in recent years, what do you (or any of the other horticultural experts that post on here) suggest be done to address the issue?

The guys that fixed over the summer said it might suffer a bit this winter. Given that Motherwell has had one of the worst winters in recent years, what do you (or any of the other horticultural experts that post on here) suggest be done to address the issue?

Could you not just have just asked the question without acting like a fucking arsehole again?

Honest to fuck, every fucking response from you is the fucking same.

And aye, I'm having an absolute c**t of a night.

Sorry Weeyin, but no pitch should end up like that. Especially if you spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on it.

No other pitch in the SPL is in anywhere near as bad nick, even in the lower leagues. They are in a bit of a state after the winter, but on them you can pass the ball 5 yards without it changing direction.

There has been an almighty fuck up over the last month and its left the entertainment value at Fir Park at zero.

I just find it strange that it was fine at christmas time and between then and our first game in the new year its become a complete quagmire without having had a game on it. Anyone who says that there are pitches just as bad in the spl is having a laugh, the parks in the Junior leagues are in better condition and thats no joke.

Just back home from match after an eventful drive south (picked up a hitcher then had to smack him and throw him out the camper. I would imagine he's still lying at the Lockerbie turn off). Happy with the result although can't say I really enjoyed the game. First time I've been up for nearly two months and I tend to agree with those who say the pitch is a disgrace.

Anyway I'm needing a drink.

:huh::lol::lol: sorry mate but that is a story and a half, sure you'll look back at it in time and laugh B-) Anyway ,back on track with the thread,pish game,good result and another welcome three points against a team below us.Feckin fed up with aw the moaning about our pitch.

Bring on the current buns!!

I agree with Johnston 100%. Our pitch is a huge embarrassment. Aye ok, we were told it would cut up over the winter, fair enough I appreciate that, but I've seen farmers fields with less divots in them than that today. What chance does any manager (us or our opponents) have trying to get their team to play passing football on that? Might as well just do 50 shots each, goalie to goalie.

3 seasons in a row is totally unacceptable, we are the laughing stock of scottish football maybe if you were spending your had earned watching shite like today you woudn't be quite so dismissive

it's funny, although I'm happy with the three points today, I can't help but feel as though it's money wasted. The performance was poor, not cos we're crap, but because of the pitch. There's no enjoyment to be had with what was on show for 90 mins today.

Only positive is hopefully Rangers will struggle against us on Wed night.

Your also not doing yourself any favours in defending a pitch you haven't seen yet online, TV, or even with the naked eye. It hasn't been done justice in the official pics and the highlights aren't available yet. It looks a lot worse than it did when we played St Mirren and it was poor then. Personally, I think the pitch doesn't look quite as bad on TV as it does when you are actually there. From an aesthetic POV, today is the worst I have ever seen the pitch.

How can it be that bad? We knew it would be a difficult first year but to be WORSE than last season??? There is a public park not far from wherw I stay that has bikes rode on it, and games played on it, Saturday AND Sunday and it is in better condition than what we have. I would rather we didn't move from FP but I think this may be the only permanent solution to this problem.

For christ sake there is nothing we can do about the pitch. It simply needs time to set down roots. I am by no means any gardener but come on it is simple. Grass needs time to bed in. Which it hasn't yet had. Think of a new golf course until a few years in the greens are ropy and the fairways have poor drainage and cut up. Same with the football field. The undersoil heating on for so long also damages things and here is one for you ..it is winter nothing grows in winter and yes your tomatos in the supermarket are not from scotland. gees lay off it thertee is no oint in moaning. If it is the same next year then fire in. Oh and having semi finals on it is a joke as the ground is getting cut up more with over use. We need the spring and quick. as a meerkat says simples.

For christ sake there is nothing we can do about the pitch. It simply needs time to set down roots. I am by no means any gardener but come on it is simple. Grass needs time to bed in. Which it hasn't yet had. Think of a new golf course until a few years in the greens are ropy and the fairways have poor drainage and cut up. Same with the football field. The undersoil heating on for so long also damages things and here is one for you ..it is winter nothing grows in winter and yes your tomatos in the supermarket are not from scotland. gees lay off it thertee is no oint in moaning. If it is the same next year then fire in. Oh and having semi finals on it is a joke as the ground is getting cut up more with over use. We need the spring and quick. as a meerkat says simples.

Agree with that part particularly because if the pitch is having issues due of the weather etc. then it shouldn't be over-used.

3 seasons in a row is totally unacceptable, we are the laughing stock of scottish football maybe if you were spending your had earned watching shite like today you woudn't be quite so dismissive
So what is your solution (apart from trotting out the old "you don't have a valid opinion because you don't go to every home game" line)?

Pitch - won't be resolved unless we demolish South Stand, use a rig of UV lamps, switch to summer football or get Andy Russell back. Current solution seems to be fill divots with sand and pat down.

Game - Rotten, goal summed it up. Hard to pick someone who stood out, Jennings or Coke maybe. For me nobody got above a 5.

O'Brien - Felt sometimes he ran about like a man possessed, tried to play tricky football, conditions didn't allow it, lost the rag a couple of times, is going to have to learn that he can't play intricate stuff and not get frustrated. Impressed with his passion, dismayed with his behaviour.

Billy Reid - I dislike him more than I did for his crappy interview, I'm not going to talk about the pitch then talked about the pitch, also "Imrie was unfortunate to get his booking".

Jack - Again thanked everyone and their granny in his interview, results are pleasant reading, think 34 points will ensure safety however 4th place qualification is the aim isn't it? Thought only error was not leaving someone on halfway line during set plays. Allowed Hamilton to have last man a good 10 yards inside our half.

Well Fans - We played the top 6 teams in the run up to Christmas, remember that, our current run has featured the teams at the bottom end of the table.

Scottish Cup - Dundee Utd and Hibs qualified today, more games = exhaustion, may help us in the run in.

Whether you like Billy Reid or not he got his tactics bang on. Easton is their best defender and O'Brien our most creative player and Easton basically followed him around like a highly annoying wasp which meant O'Brien was out the game a lot. However we played with no width at all which allowed the Accies to clog up the midfield and it really developed into a midfield battle and not a lot happened at either end. We credit the players that it was a poor peformance against a dogged opponent and we ended up with three points and their effort was there. I thought the game was crying out for another creative spark so Easton couldn't nullify them all and Brown was a bit slow to react.

Pitch made it tough but any football there was was played by us. Going to be a frustrating February with three of the next four at home. And while our pitch is the worst its not much worse than Pittodrie was last week, St Johnstone's looks hellish, Falkirk's is guff and apparently Easter Road was rotten yesterday too.

Bravo! More holes in your argument than swiss cheese! You've stated you are by no means a gardener - are you a member of the groundstaff?

Simply needs time to set in roots? Which it hasn't had? It's had more than most... Again, upon removal of their all weather surface, our near neighbours constructed a pitch in less time, barring minor issues with undersoil heating have a surface of decent quality.

Think of a new golf course? Couldn't think of two surfaces so different by comparison. Saying that, a member of the groundstaff mentioned before on this 'ere board the credentials of our current head groundsman, "Did you see Hamilton Golf Course about five years ago?" :O

It is winter, no sh*t Sherlock! Nothing grows? Use of undersoil heating systems naturally has the root system thinking it's growth season. The pitch required to be fed, as mentioned by the groundstaff... we utilised a tractor on a sodden surface! Usual vantage points in the East Stand will unlikely make out the tyre tracks, my higher than normal vantage point yesterday witnessed tracks that resembled the best ever demolition derby and not that of motion to feed the pitch.

If it's the same next year? After the budget demand of last summer, all that piss about percentage sand/soil mix and special grass type and alleged levelling of the ground (that's right, we've a level pitch with a 1:26 gradient :blush: )? Understanding of light issues created by South Stand construction, but, it was built nigh on 20 years since! Progressively got worse year on year with current staff, you wouldn't keep throwing money at tradesmen who keep faltering on their work in your house would you?

We need the spring and quick? You need the raw materials to add to the foundation... Grass? It ain't there!

As for the game and not the green green grass of home debate. I'd take 1-0 victories every week as I would have pre-match yesterday. Win 1-0 every week and you win the league! Simples. Just couldn't seem to build up a head of steam going forward, never felt under pressure even as they added bodies to their attack in injury time. League table doesn't lie, Hamilton are piss. Did I hear correctly on the radio, the dug out swinging nyaff said they battered us for half an hour? The Mickey Weir in Hamilton must have taken a leap in grade and quality...

So what is your solution (apart from trotting out the old "you don't have a valid opinion because you don't go to every home game" line)?

And i'm not allowed an opinion because i'm not a horticultural expert, grow up

In no way did i say you were not allowed an opinion my argument was based on 3 seasons of paying £18 every other week to watch players running around on sand/mud is totally unacceptable. Unfortunately i live 3 floors up and have no horticultural expertise as you put it but the people who are drawing a wage from the club as groundsman should