Barriers At East Stand Gates

Larky Mafia

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there threds on here then? If Saints don't give us warning about this for Saturday coming, will there will be another thread started?

no because st johnstone can do whatever they want, we're visitors and and if we want to see the game there then we'll have to go along with what they deem neccesary.

fir park is our ground controlled by our club who only exist because of loyal support of a small group of fans. as gretna showed no fans = no club = no jobs for players and staff. for this sole reason the club should (and imo has to) show a bit more consideration towards the views of the fans.

on saturday we had absolutely hopeless searches carried out by impolite stewards which anyone with half a brain could smuggled anything smaller than a telly through. added to that the stewards who were actually working rather than standing about looking glaikit were only letting one person for each turnstyle through at a time so there was constantly a lag between people going through the gates which caused hold ups.

as other people have pointed out all the things chucked on the park recently have been been bought inside the ground. add to the fact that coins and lighters are the most common thing to see thrown and you can take them in anyway. if it's to stop booze coming in then i doubt how many people actually bring in booze in to scoop during the game and i'd say it's pretty much impossible to stop anyone who wants to do it anyway as they try far hard at music festivals and have very little success.

it's understandable that you have to agree to be searched going on a plane or even into a nightclub. for fans to be told after x years of coming to fir park with no real problems that now we have to consent to be searched to gain access to the ground is a joke. the fact that it's an ineffective search carried out in an impolite manner makes it even harder to take and gives the impression that the club doesn't give a toss about the fans.

also it's says on the season ticket that any person entering the ground may be searched by the police, not by the scrotes who were doing it on saturday.

I'm not entirely conviced that these people have the right to "pat you down" before allowing you into the ground. Can you imagine having some grubby steward touching you up before you got into see a movie?

I can picture it now..."before you come in, I get to run my hands all over you".

pervs.

I wasn't searched at St Johnstone either, although you tend to expect a quick grope from someone at away grounds.

Which kinda highlights the point that Optimus and Ladyshave areny getting - which others are putting.

People don't go to away games particularly Porkheid and Iboax because you get treated like shite. It's very true - it's been mentioned numerous times on here.

It's hard lines if it's gonna happen before what many regard as our own front door.

We're all intelligent enough to understand the reasoning behind it (sort of).

However it makes some people feel uncomfortable, inconvenienced, under suspicion and devalued. Argue round the rest of it if you like. That's the fuckin nuggets of it.

If I want to get some growler wi a high vis jacket to give me a quick rummle - I'd drive down to strathy and find a doggers car park :ph34r: - save me £240 a year and give me the oppertunity to see some green foliage in the process

I'm not entirely conviced that these people have the right to "pat you down" before allowing you into the ground.

been looking into it and it seems all searches are 'by consent'

however Fir Park Tickets declare "all persons entering the ground may be searched by the Police"

obviously you don't consent, you don't get in presumably

the club better react to this and re-organise this with extra Police officers to do the searches if they are really required or just give me a refund on my season tickets

I've had enough of being treated like a suspected criminal by ill trained, ill mannered fukwits in a high vis jacket that think they are Judge Dredd, and thats not even getting onto the actual police who manage/dictate at football events like they would rather Football as a spectator sport didn't exist.

Can't mind the name of the company but they do the stewarding at Parkhead, Ibrox, Douglas Park and at quite a few other grounds.

Edit - yI think its something like Up Front Security.

As a wee aside - perhaps Saturday could be a reaction to Milky and his mates actions the other week at Hamilton in a way to prevent such a thing happening in the East Stand.

It's Securigroup that do the stewarding. The guys outside the turnstile are SIA stewards who are there because of the reduced police present. They took over Upfront and a few other companies. They started stewarding Fir Park at the beginning of the season.

I understand the concept of forums steelboi just don't understand how this thread has gone on to 87 posts.

Steve - I do get it, just don't get why you've spat the dummy. You were offended, so what, in the big scheme of things is it really a big deal when we could be discussing other more pertinent club/footballing issues.

Another point I just thought of: I believe it is illegal for male stewards to search women, so they would have to have female stewards there as well. I am pretty certain I was told this a while back by a friend who works in a night club.

I understand the concept of forums steelboi just don't understand how this thread has gone on to 87 posts.

the answer is that other people have opinions that differ to yours.

shouting for a thread to be shut because you don't agree with the sentiment expressed in it is childish.

been looking into it and it seems all searches are 'by consent'

however Fir Park Tickets declare "all persons entering the ground may be searched by the Police"

obviously you don't consent, you don't get in presumably

Thats fair enough, but these guys aren't the police. they couldn't even pass that "police test ..1...2...3...4..." that they do at the ground every game....

have you ever noticed the 4 by 2's cause more trouble than there worth at some games, if not most

I also dont agree to those fuckwit stewards at firpark searching folk either, Personally would like to tie them to the urinals in the East Stand so every fan can get a turn of.. I shouldn't continue that.. but lets face it they're fuckin morons

It was ambivalence and resignation that this has gone on for as long as it has Steelboy, for me it ranks along side the price of cheese went up 2p. Nothing shouty or childish, for that I understand the protocol on the tinterweb is to use capitals or finish the sentence in question with an exclamation mark, i.e.

YOUR LEVEL OF IGNORANCE PRE-QUALIFIES YOU TO WEAR A HIGH-VIS AT THE HEARTS GAME!

However I would never employ such a tactic for dramatic effect or in a game of one-upmanship. Very low-brow.

have you ever noticed the 4 by 2's cause more trouble than there worth at some games, if not most

I also dont agree to those fuckwit stewards at firpark searching folk either, Personally would like to tie them to the urinals in the East Stand so every fan can get a turn of.. I shouldn't continue that.. but lets face it they're fuckin morons

Your mum was a steward, wasn't she? :lol:

Your mum was a steward, wasn't she? :lol:

she was in the P.O.D she agrees with me though most the stewards at Firpark are a total waste of space she thought doing the stewarding would have been good but it turned out to be total bollocks, before this new securigroup took over the ammount of windalickin zoomers Motherwell had as steward was phenomenal I mean look at the c**t the had at the players carpark

theres one steward in the East Stand who's blood I want personally, he's a daft wee Tim who was gonna throw me out cause I called Samaras a diving c**t.. and you lot call me a dafty

Another point I just thought of: I believe it is illegal for male stewards to search women, so they would have to have female stewards there as well. I am pretty certain I was told this a while back by a friend who works in a night club.

Spot on. Were any women frisked on Saturday? I'm sure the stewards outside were all male.

Steve - I do get it, just don't get why you've spat the dummy. You were offended, so what, in the big scheme of things is it really a big deal when we could be discussing other more pertinent club/footballing issues.

Don't start this 'offended' pish Ladyshave.

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination offended or have I spat the dummy - i wasn't held up on Saturday as I just walked past the barrier from the taggarts end and walked straight past the bottle / can checking stewards.

I and others are just putting a different view to yours forward on an internet forum. Stating why I think it could make peoples 'matchday experience' poorer (now this is something that the club want to know about and have asked about)

I discuss all the pertinent issues relating to the club - always have always will and I can do it simultaneously on here at the same time I'm discussing this pish.

Johnstone just shut it !!!

flow is doing a hard job and you shoudl appreciate that he takes the time to come on these boards to answer questions about clubs issues.

Do you think that rangers or celtic would do that?

exactly so just shut it!!!

OK Rab your the boss...

she was in the P.O.D she agrees with me though most the stewards at Firpark are a total waste of space she thought doing the stewarding would have been good but it turned out to be total bollocks, before this new securigroup took over the ammount of windalickin zoomers Motherwell had as steward was phenomenal I mean look at the c**t the had at the players carpark

theres one steward in the East Stand who's blood I want personally, he's a daft wee Tim who was gonna throw me out cause I called Samaras a diving c**t.. and you lot call me a dafty

Errm calm down. But yeah I was a steward, and one of the reasons I left was because although some of the guys (and lassies) were okay, we were all getting tarred with the same brush as all being jobsworths and being power crazy. I always personally aimed to be pleasant and polite with the spectators around me, and apply common sense but there was getting less and less room for this. Also it was things like telling wee kids to sit down who were maybe just standing up to see a little bit better but would sit back down in a couple of minutes anyway but at the same time the old firm ones were being allowed to stand at either side of them, which I personally disagreed with.

But my main reason for leaving was because of other commitments.

As far as I'm aware the searching thing came in just after Christmas and was because of the cutback in policing. The ones that are doing it have to have their SIA badge, but anyone can go and do that.

I piss myself at some off the people on here. I remember last year the moaning about heavy handed policing, people being ejected from ground for 'nothing' and Old Firm getting away with murder, fans meeting with police and stewards etc...Now police have taken a backseat huge style. Only officers you see now in the stadium are minimal. I think the last game there was only something like 15 police for both inside and outside the ground. Now that the security and safety of the stadium has almost completely been handed to the stewarding company then they are getting moaned at as well... :doh:

As LadyWellToi said, stop moaning leave yer pints 5 minutes earlier to get into the ground rather than running up at bloody kickoff ( trust me, have seen it every fortnight for last 20 odd years) and moaning like fuck because theres a queue.

Idiots letting off smoke bombs inside grounds don't help and you wonder why people are getting searched. If you don't like it don't go. MFC have every right to put up whatever they see as right to ensure safety of everyone within the ground and that includes searches. It is THEIR GROUND and entry is bound by rules and conditions. IF you don't want to abide by those conditions, don't go, its simple.

First it was the policing, now its the stewarding, then it was the crap food, then the paint on the steps, then the tannoy, Davie Cooper Fiasco, Lack of info to fans regarding anything and everything going on in the stadium, The state of the park, now back to the stewarding, moaning bastards...some of you really need to get a life and don't even get me started on the roasted and toasted cheese debate..!!