Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me though and Steve Diggles points it out too is why we basically abused him like he was an opposition player and thus make him play even worse. Why not get behind him and try ans get his confidence up.

You should already know why. Didn't the pschologists sitting around you tell you how to get the best out of a player? He's got to know he's pish, that way he gets all angry and then gets the "finger oot" which is clearly all that he's been needing to do. Confidence is nothing when you've got a finger up yer bum.

You should already know why. Didn't the pschologists sitting around you tell you how to get the best out of a player? He's got to know he's pish, that way he gets all angry and then gets the "finger oot" which is clearly all that he's been needing to do. Confidence is nothing when you've got a finger up yer bum.

Where does JOB fit into all of this though? Granted he put in a shift yesterday but the amount of moaning and shouting at his team mates when they fucked up and didnt pass to him was unbelievable. Maybe if the guy was Messi, but there was numerous occassions he himself fucked up. If none of his fellow players are going to shout back at him, should those of us in the stand just give him a free pass??

MFDL says

Many harsh comments on Fraser to actually what happened.

1st Goal. Harsh on Fraser. Did the right thing by taking a touch (especially on a pitch like ours), just a shame he lost his footing - could have happened to any keeper. Hell one of the best conceded a lot worse one a few weeks ago against Getafe.

2nd goal. Where to start? Poor pass back by Reynolds, not the greatest return but does Reynolds know he has a right foot? Oh yeah, he does, he used it to have a shot at goal not long before it. So why the fuck did he choose to try and control with the outside of his left foot? As for the corner - I guess it's Fraser's fault Daly was given 15 yards and enough time to do about 100 keep-uppies before he had to have a shot on goal

3rd goal. There is no camera view from what Fraser seen but it is probably the one he'll be angry about the most.

Good post.

Only seen the goals on SSN as I was too busy to attend the game.

Think thats the first time our pitch has came back to haunt us this season.

Many harsh comments on Fraser to actually what happened.

1st Goal. Harsh on Fraser. Did the right thing by taking a touch (especially on a pitch like ours), just a shame he lost his footing - could have happened to any keeper. Hell one of the best conceded a lot worse one a few weeks ago against Getafe.

2nd goal. Where to start? Poor pass back by Reynolds, not the greatest return but does Reynolds know he has a right foot? Oh yeah, he does, he used it to have a shot at goal not long before it. So why the fuck did he choose to try and control with the outside of his left foot? As for the corner - I guess it's Fraser's fault Daly was given 15 yards and enough time to do about 100 keep-uppies before he had to have a shot on goal

3rd goal. There is no camera view from what Fraser seen but it is probably the one he'll be angry about the most.

This is the best thing I've read on here in days, well put mate.

I dont see how everybody can get on his back about the 1st, it was clearly obvious he lost his footing as evidenced by the huge hole in the pitch and clump of grass/sand lying beside it. Ok, he maybe over-cooked the first touch a bit, but it was the right thing to do with the backpass bobbling as it was, and anyway, you dont go to clear a ball expecting the pitch to give way under you. As said above, could've happened to anybody.

As for the other 2, I dont feel they are totally down to him either, mainly for similar reasons as stated above. An unmarked man at the corner is hardly his fault and the fact Humphrey sold himeslf on the halfway line has fuck all to do with Fraser. He'll probably be upset with that one more than the others which is fair in my opinion.

Get off the guys case and show him a bit of encouragement at least. Ok, so he didnt have the greatest game in the world by any means but he's our player and doesnt deserve to be treated otherwise, the sarcastic cheers probably really boosted his confidence for the rest of the game. How can you expect an improvement when he gets pish like that. Even if you dont like him, he's the best we've got right now, so accept it . Our support is thick as fuck sometimes.

Chin up big man

Hope the boy's career takes a turn for the better and things work out for him.

But, it ain't going to happen at Firpark.

Time to move on, Michael.

If the support haven't got faith in their keeper, you can bet for sure the players feelings are 10 times worse.

If your hard earned wage or bonus or the clubs financial budget was screwed up by a weak link - you'd be tellin him pronto.

He's not good enough at this level.

I wouldn't blame him for the first goal. He slipped, it was nothing to do with goalkeeping ability and could happen to anyone. His poor kick which gave the corner for the second goal was perhaps down to the pitch, I'm not sure. His positioning for the third wasn't good good though, and he looked very nervous when coming for the ball in the air.

I wouldn't blame him for the first goal. He slipped, it was nothing to do with goalkeeping ability and could happen to anyone. His poor kick which gave the corner for the second goal was perhaps down to the pitch, I'm not sure. His positioning for the third wasn't good good though, and he looked very nervous when coming for the ball in the air.

Whilst I thought he was wrongly panned in the aftermath of the Sellick match... You cannot defend the indefensible.

Would you be so understanding if he was the Man Utd keeper at the business end of the season????

Its all about choices and options - he chose the wrong ones. End of.