Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

If we got £1M that would be a great deal :)

Good luck to the guy and the club can put it down to good business if it goes through. We must be looking to buy one or two with that kinda cash. Thanks for everything Mark and all the best for the future.

SWANSEA City are poised to make a shock £250,000 move for highly rated Motherwell defender Mark Reynolds before today's transfer deadline.

Brendan Rodgers has decided late in the summer window that he needs cover at the back — and 23-year-old Reynolds looks like being his man.

But whether the Swansea manager will have any success in his bid to sign two forwards was in some doubt last night.

Rodgers has targeted West Ham youngster Frank Nouble and another more established Premier League frontman.

One or both deals could yet come off today, but it could be that Swansea's search for strikers restarts when the emergency loan window opens in a week's time.

Emergency

It may also be the case that their bid to sign Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury is postponed until the emergency market opens.

Swansea are still waiting for the green light from the Gunners to finalise a loan switch amid claims in Yorkshire that Leeds remain in the hunt for Lansbury's signature.

The deal that looks most likely to happen would see Reynolds arriving to provide competition in central defence and at right-back.

The former Scotland Under-21 international — who is tipped to win a first senior cap soon — has been expected to leave Motherwell all summer.

Reynolds has only this season to run on his current deal, and boss Craig Brown recently admitted that the club's recruitment policy depended entirely on his sale.

Scottish giants Rangers offered around £800,000 for Reynolds two years ago, but the bid was turned down because Motherwell were then looking for more than £1 million.

With his contract set to expire, Reynolds's value has plummeted and Swansea believe he will mature into a high-class performer given time at the Liberty. He already has more than 170 senior games under his belt having broken into the Motherwell side as a teenager, and he missed only one match last season.

Newcastle United were reportedly showing an interest in Reynolds earlier this year, while Fulham, Blackburn, Nottingham Forest and PSV Eindhoven have all been touted as potential suitors in the past.

Reynolds, who has captained Motherwell in the past, would provide a welcome option at the back for Rodgers, who does not have a host of defensive alternatives.

With Angel Rangel injured, Swansea's resources already look a little thin, Albert Serran having been pressed into emergency right-back duty before Rodgers gave former Wrexham man Neil Taylor his first Championship start in last weekend's win over Burnley.

Reynolds, who has featured in Europe for Motherwell already this season, played what looks like being his last game for the Scottish Premier League club against Celtic on Sunday.

At the start of pre-season, former Scotland boss Brown admitted the time had come for Reynolds to leave Fir Park.

"He deserves the best move he can get and the club is supportive of his move because it would benefit the club financially, and also because it would benefit Mark," Brown said.

"He has been such a terrific servant here."

Ideally Reynolds will arrive at the Liberty today alongside the two forwards and Lansbury, although the chances of every deal coming off before the 6pm deadline look remote.

As for pre-season trialist Kemy Agustien, Swansea expect to secure his signature at some point early next month

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/football...il/article.html?

Rangers bid £1m for him? Are we sure about that?

Not at all. I believe it was £750K tops and even that comprised a series of options and add ons.

A good move for both the lad and the club if true. He deserves his chance on a bigger stage and I feel he has stagnated a bit over the past year or so.

I think there could be a lot of business completed in Scotland after 6pm tonight. At that point the EPL window has closed and they need to name their 25 man squads. We may see some decent loan moves to the SPL. Hope we can bag one or two ( a RB and LW!!)

A bid of £1 million would be magic.

If Keeveins is to be believed (I know !), Mark is down at Wigan just now. A move to the EPL would be well deserved for Mark and a massive getitrightupye to some of those on here who have spent a fair amount of time slagging him.

I also suspect that if the move goes through he is a stick on for the Scotland squad on Friday, another getitrightupye to certain folk on here.

Considering the money floating about the EPL £1 Million is the least we should be looking at. Good move for the lad if it comes off, we've already seen how many feel he's outstayed his welcome so for his sake it's time to go and continue his development.

Future Scotland captain?

Considering the money floating about the EPL £1 Million is the least we should be looking at. Good move for the lad if it comes off, we've already seen how many feel he's outstayed his welcome so for his sake it's time to go and continue his development.

Future Scotland captain?

Absofuckinlutely !

I would be gutted to lose Mark as I think he is a very very good footballer. He has stalled in his progression recently but I think at lot of people will be in for a surprise at how well he will do if he moves down soputh.

He has the right attributes to make it down there as pace is a big big assest in that league and Mark certainly has that. A lot of time at Motherwell is spent covering for other defenders which can drag him out of position, example in case is Sunday against Celtic.

He has been nothing but professional during his time at our club and I really wish him all the best "if" he gets a move.

If the figures are right that has been quoted I agree with Fatcalf that is the right amount we should be looking for. £250k is not enough, between £500k to £1m is a fair reflection on his ability and potential.

Heres hoping at least half the amount we recieve is spent investing in our already small squad.

I also suspect that if the move goes through he is a stick on for the Scotland squad on Friday, another getitrightupye to certain folk on here.

Jay McEveley has been called up to the squad today so unless there are major injuries, Mark won't be getting the call from Levein.

Interesting thing for me is that if we do sell Reynolds, whether we will bring in a centre back or whether we will be going with Craigan and Saunders at centre back and bring in a right back? The potential sale of Mark Reynolds while raising some cash (I still reckon nearer the £250k quoted in relation to Swansea), does mean that we have only one experienced centre back on our books. Can you get a winger and a defender for £250k...?

I think we'll move Saunders to Centre Back, Hateley to Right Back and bring in a midfielder - one of more attacking presence. That would make more sence than continuing with the three defensive minded midfielders, while managing to play all three players... no?

Hope Mark gets a big move today, with the money Wigan has given the accies over the past year a million isn't over pricing for someone with so much experience and still young. Hopefully a nice wee sell on clause added in like the McFadden deal. I thought it was great when we made more money when he left Everton rather than joining them :thumbup:

I think we'll move Saunders to Centre Back, Hateley to Right Back and bring in a midfielder - one of more attacking presence. That would make more sence than continuing with the three defensive minded midfielders, while managing to play all three players... no?

Would it make sense? Aye, probably. Does that mean it's the way it will happen? Not so sure. Still only leaves us with one experienced centre half.

More strange rumours I've heard this morning... Hibs to use some of the Stokes money to make a £400k bid for Jamie Murphy... And us to make a move for Michael Gardyne at Ross County...