Announcement Within The Next 48 Hours...

Onthefringes

As it says on the tin... Early editions of todays rag has the club making an announcement with regards securing the clubs future for the next 100 years. Ravenscraig a go-go methinks.

Traditionalist porridge dribblers can revolt all they like, instead of grasping at a halcyon age that's long passed us by... we continue...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This announcement had a very brief 'teaser' on Radio Scotland at the week-end. John Barnes basically said that Motherwell would be making an announcement early next week regarding a change to the share issue or something along those lines.

"It's understood Motherwell want to become the first Trust-backed self-sufficient club in Britain."

Could any financial experts on here elaborate on this please? I've only ever heard of supporter's/fan's trusts, usually a way of fans buying into a share scheme while having a representative on the board. But would it not take a lot more than a fan's trust for the club to be self-sufficient? Is self-sufficient a false term?

Forgive my ignorance if the answer is blindingly obvious, I'm no MoneySavingExpert!

"It's understood Motherwell want to become the first Trust-backed self-sufficient club in Britain."

Could any financial experts on here elaborate on this please? I've only ever heard of supporter's/fan's trusts, usually a way of fans buying into a share scheme while having a representative on the board. But would it not take a lot more than a fan's trust for the club to be self-sufficient? Is self-sufficient a false term?

Forgive my ignorance if the answer is blindingly obvious, I'm no MoneySavingExpert!

that makes it sound like we won't be owned by one invidual anymore and a trust will be set up with a board of trustees to oversee the club.

that would let boyle leave without the need for a buyer and if run well it sounds like a decent idea. i'd worry about how it would effect our ability to raise capital if need be and what kind of accountability the trustees would have.

A new stadium two seconds walk from my flat will be ideal. But not if its a "my first Lego football stadium". That would be absolutely dire :D

Something that will look good against the landscape and give us the possibility of a good atmosphere. They could have the floodlights built in to four Ravenscraig 'cooling tower-esque' structures at each corner!! :evilgrin: