Am I The Only One...

GazzyB

I've not dismissed it - although for me, if it were to happen there would have to be a minimum release clause added to his contract, so if he wanted to leave he or the club he was going to would have to pay that sum (basically what every player and manager in Spain has in their contract) unless Motherwell waived the fee. It would also have to be a long term contract.

If I'm being honest I would probably say Yes to that.

However too much has happened since he left and the way he was looking towards the end of his time at Aberdeen, I would imagine the last thing on his mind would be managing another club right now.

I have been really inspired with some of the names we have been linked with though and can't wait to see what the combination of Dodds and Chisolm can bring to our club.

NOT!!!!

Maybe it is time to bleed another new manager but this time let it be guys with a Motherwell connection. I would gladly have chopped my right arm off for Adams but that won't happen now.

Maybe it's time for Craggs to think about his long term future and take on the assistants role and have someone like Leitch or McCart as the manager. If we could get someone with an experienced head to look after them it might work.

...that would take Mark McGhee back?

And don't reply with 'yes', it's a serious question. Would anyone else take him back?

I'd take him back, but only if John Boyle made him sign a contract which included a clause that every time he mentioned 'Celtic' he would get his wages docked for an entire month.

I'd also like to see him dress up as Santa Claus and go around primary schools being nice all all the weans infront of a television camera then once he'd finished handing out pressies to kids sitting on his lap, come out for an interview, whip off his beard and say "I'm Mark McGhee, I bring joy to children and am 100% committed to Motherwell Football Club, to who's fans I hope I have more than proved wrong...Oh aye, and see that St.Mirren Cup tie, it WAS 4-5-1 formation, my heads shrunk enough now to be able to admit this."

But as that's unlikely, naw.

...that would take Mark McGhee back?

And don't reply with 'yes', it's a serious question. Would anyone else take him back?

I wouldn't be pleased to see Mutley back, for a few reason.

Firstly, he's not a very good manager. His record is mediocre and his attitude and behaviour at Aberdeen has been bewildering.

Secondly, for what he did on leaving us. Thinking he was probably going to Celtic, he spent his last six months doing fuck all, not resigning people, laying down a strategy to leave and didn't care about us. He showed a lack of loyalty that verges on Brownism.

Thirdly, since going, he's been a bit scathing about us, mostly because we slaughtered him. I couldn't be two faced and welcome him back now. Bridges well and truly burned.

Fourthly, after the way we treated HIM, I can't see him thinking this would be a good place to come. If he does, he's a mental.

Out of all "old" managers, I think Butcher would do well with our resources now, because mostly he did a great job with less. Although, to be fair, he did have Faddy.

Personally, I think we need someone who would have a connection and love for MFC.

I'd also like to see him dress up as Santa Claus and go around primary schools being nice all all the weans infront of a television camera then once he'd finished handing out pressies to kids sitting on his lap, come out for an interview, whip off his beard and say "I'm Mark McGhee, I bring joy to children and am 100% committed to Motherwell Football Club, to who's fans I hope I have more than proved wrong...Oh aye, and see that St.Mirren Cup tie, it WAS 4-5-1 formation, my heads shrunk enough now to be able to admit this."

Mark McGhee's a paedophile... :evilgrin:

The thing is I don't want him back..............however, if he did came back and re created some of the football in that first year most will forgive him. It would be like the Kenny Miller syndrome. He also does a decent job at a club then a shit job so his next job is due to be a success :evilgrin: And if anyone did come in for him then fair enough it would mean he done something right. If he came I would punt him after a year anyway because I have still never forgiven him for that St Mirren top six game.

Having said all that given a straight choice between Chisolm and McGhee it would be Mutley any day of the week.