Am I The Only One...

GazzyB

If the club go down that route, they may as well borrow an industrial sized shredder for all the returned season tickets.

An easier and more cost effective method would be to post a match in the post.

If he did wangle it then I'd look to start a picket, Robbie the Pict style until he was boosted.

I wouldn't be pleased to see Mutley back, for a few reason.

Firstly, he's not a very good manager. His record is mediocre and his attitude and behaviour at Aberdeen has been bewildering.

Secondly, for what he did on leaving us. Thinking he was probably going to Celtic, he spent his last six months doing fuck all, not resigning people, laying down a strategy to leave and didn't care about us. He showed a lack of loyalty that verges on Brownism.

Thirdly, since going, he's been a bit scathing about us, mostly because we slaughtered him. I couldn't be two faced and welcome him back now. Bridges well and truly burned.

Fourthly, after the way we treated HIM, I can't see him thinking this would be a good place to come. If he does, he's a mental.

Out of all "old" managers, I think Butcher would do well with our resources now, because mostly he did a great job with less. Although, to be fair, he did have Faddy.

"Did you really think he was a bad manager when he was in charge of the well?

I've seen Managers, (and players), come and go since Bobby Hewitt in the 1960's.

Like all football fans, we want our team to do well. Trouble is, when that happens all and sundrie come sniffing at our door seeking a bargain and stripping us of our assets. During my time as a supporters that list is very long, and no doubt will get longer before I pop my cloggs.

So what is the answer ? Football mediocrity :thumbup: , just avoiding relegation every season and barely reaching a cup 1/4 Final ?

Hell no. Give me Cup runs, top-4 finishes, and European adventures, and let the asset strippers come a calling. We the supporters are the constant, and manager hunting and squad replenishment is all part of the Roller Coaster Ride that is following Motherwell FC.

We now look for a new Management Team to continue that Ride.

Who is Craig Brown anyway ? He's the manager of the Club at the bottom of the SPL :whistling:

[i wouldn't be pleased to see Mutley back, for a few reason.

Firstly, he's not a very good manager. His record is mediocre and his attitude and behaviour at Aberdeen has been bewildering.

Secondly, for what he did on leaving us. Thinking he was probably going to Celtic, he spent his last six months doing fuck all, not resigning people, laying down a strategy to leave and didn't care about us. He showed a lack of loyalty that verges on Brownism.

Thirdly, since going, he's been a bit scathing about us, mostly because we slaughtered him. I couldn't be two faced and welcome him back now. Bridges well and truly burned.

Fourthly, after the way we treated HIM, I can't see him thinking this would be a good place to come. If he does, he's a mental.

Out of all "old" managers, I think Butcher would do well with our resources now, because mostly he did a great job with less. Although, to be fair, he did have Faddy.

"Did you really think he was a bad manager when he was in charge of the well?

yes i think he was a bad manager at motherwell didnt show the first season but the 2nd season he got caught out when people figured out how to play him and he couldn do anything about it because he's a one trick pony

Not Mark McGhee unless he was prepared to move up from Brighton and commit fully to the club - no touting for other jobs or letting players go.

Either Calderwood with Leitch as assistant or Craigan as assistant with Leitch as manager would be okay.

But it has to be someone who will sign a contract and fully commit to the club. No half measures please.

Yes, I would take him back. People on here have selectively short memories. They can remember answers he gave to the media after defeats and they can remember how many times he intonated a desire to go to Celtic or Aberdeen but they can gloss over finishing third in the league, playing excellent football on the back of the awful Malpas season, and they forget they way he carried himself and kept the team together after Phil O'Donnell's death.

I also remember a video of himself shitting himself on telly when the lightning hit the stadium :notworthy:

Yes, I would take him back. People on here have selectively short memories. They can remember answers he gave to the media after defeats and they can remember how many times he intonated a desire to go to Celtic or Aberdeen but they can gloss over finishing third in the league, playing excellent football on the back of the awful Malpas season, and they forget they way he carried himself and kept the team together after Phil O'Donnell's death.

I also remember a video of himself shitting himself on telly when the lightning hit the stadium :woop:

I would love to have saw that :notworthy:

*Edit.. was that the aberdeen game near the end of his 1st season ?

The fact that he was in charge of a team that lost 9-0 suggests that Mark McGhee's not a particularly good manager. These type of scorelines shouldn't happen between teams in the same league. Especially when the opposition is managed by Neil Lennon!

Also, while McGhee was at Motherwell John Boyle personally bankrolled the wages of Porter and Hughes which (as far as I'm aware) is more than he did for Malpas, Gannon or Brown so he may not have done so well without that.