New Official Website Coming Soon

underboyleheating

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

done what you said .....still the old site ?

I'm guessing this is just a DNS issue. When a website moves to a new server .. the directories around the world get updated .. some quicker than others ... those still seeing the old site are being served by directories which havent updated yet.

This is perfectly normal and is usually ironed out within 48 hours.

FWIW I see the new site .. but as others have said it's currently very slow.

I'm guessing this is just a DNS issue. When a website moves to a new server .. the directories around the world get updated .. some quicker than others ... those still seeing the old site are being served by directories which haven't updated yet.

This is perfectly normal and is usually ironed out within 48 hours.

FWIW I see the new site .. but as others have said it's currently very slow.

I was getting the new site yesterday and early this morning ,but not since about 11 o clock.

We've had our new sever upgraded so hopefully things will start to see an improvement in the speed of things.

Again, there has been a change to the DNS settings so might take till the morning before you start seeing it picking up (although mines now appears to be working fairly ok).

Thanks for the feedback folks! Still got a fair bit to do to get it totally up to speed - some things need updating - but by the start of next week we should be back in black and full steam ahead for MFC TV!

Yea, one or two wee other things to sort but that's the main one!

As I've said - sorry about the early problems but I suppose all things like this have their own degree of teething problems.

On another subject, and maybe this deserves a thread of its own, I am looking for one or two volunteers to join the Motherwell Media team on matchdays. Would involve updating the site from the press box (don't worry if you're not trained, if you can operate a forum like this and a word document we can give a demo that will tide you through).

Can't offer much in the way of a wage other than getting into every game, a nice club tie and a club jacket...

Only downside is you have, like me, to sit on your hands when we score and not get overly excited.

If you're interested, let me know - alan.burrows 'at' motherwellfc.co.uk

Now that sounds a fun "Job" :wallbash:

We've had our new sever upgraded so hopefully things will start to see an improvement in the speed of things.

Again, there has been a change to the DNS settings so might take till the morning before you start seeing it picking up (although mines now appears to be working fairly ok).

Thanks for the feedback folks! Still got a fair bit to do to get it totally up to speed - some things need updating - but by the start of next week we should be back in black and full steam ahead for MFC TV!

bang on ... ! .. super-quick now.

great job

:lol:

Lol. Your IP is blocked! if you are on ADSL, then you could disconnect your modem for 5-10 minutes and you should have a new IP when it boots back up (assuming you do not have a static IP)

you can check your IP address easily by going www.whatismyip.com.

if you don;t get a new IP, you email 'Flow and ask him to get you unblocked.

We've not blocked any IP so not got a clue what that is about!

DNS settings can take up to 72 hours so hold tight for those that aren't seeing it yet.

We run a network at Fir Park and I had to clear out the local DNS cache on the server in order to see the new site!

Don't know if that helps?

couple of small issues

on the forthcoming fixtures section it doesn't say the date or time of the matches (ok that's info is on the full fixture list)

and there's no mention of the mini steelmen, Motherwell ladies etc (may be I've missed them)