New Official Website Coming Soon

underboyleheating

Is there anywhere on the Official site that says what you get if you sign up? I didn't see anything there maybe I'm just being an idiot though.

If its just a case of 'Please register to continue reading' so the club can get a list of e-mail addresses to pester us with then thats baws. I get enough spam as it is, thanks. I don't like that I need to give an email address to read these sorts of things and I know from trying to use other clubs websites to find out things like ticket prices and how to get to their grounds that these sorts of registration restrictions are a pain in the arse.

The new website looks good, and I noticed it doesn't need the 'www.' to get it to work anymore which is nice, but requiring a registration is just annoying.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anywhere on the Official site that says what you get if you sign up? I didn't see anything there maybe I'm just being an idiot though.

If its just a case of 'Please register to continue reading' so the club can get a list of e-mail addresses to pester us with then thats baws. I get enough spam as it is, thanks. I don't like that I need to give an email address to read these sorts of things and I know from trying to use other clubs websites to find out things like ticket prices and how to get to their grounds that these sorts of registration restrictions are a pain in the arse.

The new website looks good, and I noticed it doesn't need the 'www.' to get it to work anymore which is nice, but requiring a registration is just annoying.

From what 'Flow said, the new registration is a one step process with no email confirmation required so I expect if someone entered an email address that wasn't 100% accurate, they could still access the site. :lol:

Can someone please advise on any way to make the site remember me, to save logging in everytime I visit the site from a secure PC or phone

Its a total pain in the arse and I'd go as far as to say its gonna drive me away from looking at the official site for news

Aye still can't get on the site? Anyone have a solution for Talk talk customers

Edit : apart from going with talk talk before some smart arse relpies! :ph34r:

I'm with Talk Talk, took a while but it's working fine now. Have you rebooted your PC / Laptop recently? If not you try firing up a dos prompt (just in case you don't know, to get a dos prompt in Windows go to Start - Run and type in cmd and hit enter key) and type in ipconfig/flushdns to flush out you dns resolver cache.

Stuart McCall must be working late tonight,sending out e-mails at this time on a saturday does he never go out? :P

I was quite impressed with that email actually!

For those that don't know it was an email direct from Stuart McCall discussing today's game! I guess for those that registered for the new site! A bit of plea to fans also to turn up next week! Plus says He's holding bounce games on Mon and Tues to run the rule over signings!

Something different from the club! Nice idea to keep us informed!

Know somebody who follows Falkirk and they have had this since last season.

They do interviews with players, updates on the team etc every day .

They do stream live games from stadia which have the facilities to do it but you can't access it if you are in Scotland

The person I know has a brother in Jersey who subscribes to it and by using a proxy server they can log in as if they were in Jersey and watch the away games. (Sorry Flow if this is giving anything away)

Presume Well TV will be something similar.

Know somebody who follows Falkirk and they have had this since last season.

They do interviews with players, updates on the team etc every day .

They do stream live games from stadia which have the facilities to do it but you can't access it if you are in Scotland

The person I know has a brother in Jersey who subscribes to it and by using a proxy server they can log in as if they were in Jersey and watch the away games. (Sorry Flow if this is giving anything away)

Just what we need when crowds are down across Scotland, more of a chance not to have to go to the fitba..... beauty -_-

Presumably they will only be able to do that while they're in the First Division. Can't see the SPL letting a team go off on their own and sell broadcast rights to their own games only. God knows the Old Firm would love to able to do that... The SPL certainly used to have international rights packages as well for channels in Ireland and Australia or anywhere else with Scottish populations.

As for things like videos of player interviews, that would be a good enough reason to sign up to their pain-in-the-arse email newsletter, but it isn't something I'd pay for.

You want me to pay you a bit of extra money for some techie service, how about wifi available in the stands? Internet signal is terrible at Fir Park, could be a nice wee way to make a bit of extra money off fans. Stick it on as an optional extra to the cost of a season ticket so those that know they'd use something like that can pay for it.

Down here in Australia we get Arsenal TV and Liverpool TV on a free to air channel, of games played just watched Dalgleish getting interviewd after the Everton game, and sometimes an old game from past years. Hope Motherwell TV gets up great for the exiles to watch.

Good luck with it 'Flow.. If you want a reporter in australia let me know :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...