Casagolda

Philcounty

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others have said, I thought the wrong forward came off for Sutton. His movement was good, his pace was good, took a while to settle. Few missed chances. Second half he contributed more, but the team overall did also.

Murphy is too 'powder puff'. His heading and shooting is abysmal at the moment, as is some of his decision making.

Sutton and Casagolda up front on Saturday.

I was willing to give him a chance, but Im sorry he was shocking lastnight.

And I really hope all those on here that are saying he needs time to get going etc, were actually at the game. Because if you base those opinions on 'just letting a 'well player have a chance' rather than actually seeing how bad he was, then you are off your head.

First 45 minutes the guy was running scared of the ball. Barley got near it and when he did he fresh aired his kicks. His miss, right at the end of the first half from the Jones cut back was criminal. For such a big guy, he has no apparant body strength and absolutley nothing to offer with his head. He can't win a ball in the air and on the evidence of lastnight, was no better with the ball at his feet.

Jamie Murphy is lightweight and not an out and out goal scorer but at least he makes sure he gets involved in the game, even if it means having to come back and work for it. Cassagolda fannies about up top like a primary school team moocher.

Cassagolda is a fraud of a footballer.

I dont know what to make of Casa last night,

He put himself about. Was always running about even after 70 mins

Couple of nice touches and linked up well with Lasley for his chance in the first half. His missed volley will haunt him. He just looks soooo desperate to score it's just not working out right now for him.

But we need bodies. Murph is off the boil right now, his greedy nature as a player is not helping him get out of his wee funk maybe a rest would do him good and make him hungry again.

Sutton is the best striker we have he gives everything he has all the time but as we know he has no pace.

So i hope Casa gets more game time. and finally gets his first goal. When he does im sure more will come

Tend to agree that the hype/nonsense* (delete as applicable) that greeted his signing is counting against Casagolda right now.

If his name was Steven Goldcastle and we'd signed him from Partick Thistle or Shrewsbury in the summer then his performance last night would have got a "Not too bad, but not great. Needs more games to see if he can cut it".

Not the worst player on the park by a long chalk. Not if you consider Stephen "weans crossing the road" Craigan was playing...

I still haven't made up my mind on the goal machine. At times last night he played like a lost little girl and at other times he had moments of genius. I'm prepared to give him more time srating with Stranraer as last night was his first real taste of SPL football in 6months!

As other have said, the pressure is on him due to the whole Hammerfist thread and you have to look by that. In all fairness, I thought we were solid yesterday just a wee bit weak upfront with Murphy and Casagolda off the pace at times. Would have started Sutton and Casagolda.

Either way, he's not the worst signing we've ever made, and he has just put in an average shift. Unfair to judge someone on one outing!

I thought Casagolda looked alright against Killie. He worked hard but had to feed off scraps. I don't honestly think Sutton could have done anything more if he had started last night. Since he's signed up til the end of the season, why not give him a run in the team to see what he can do?

Gie him a big pair of Ronald McDonald boots to wear at the half time kick about and he could flattened a few bumpy bits on the park.

We could then save a few bob by putting the current groundstaff out on loan to the moon or an army shelling range.

Goal machine - my arse :lol:

I was encouraged by the fact that he was actually getting into goalscoring positions when the ball came into the box. He just doesn't seem sharp enough, which is understandable given his game time.

I think he's worth a run for three or four games, to let us see how he gets on after a chance to bed in.

I'd definately start with him on Saturday, as a goal or two could be what he needs to get him pushing on.

I think given time his sharpness in front of goal could come. For me he deserved to stay on the park ahead of Murphy last night. He looked to get into space and into the right position where as too many times Murphy seemed to hide behind a defender.

Think Gloria needs to be given time and face it what other choice do we have!

I thought Casagolda looked alright against Killie. He worked hard but had to feed off scraps. I don't honestly think Sutton could have done anything more if he had started last night. Since he's signed up til the end of the season, why not give him a run in the team to see what he can do?

Seriously? :lol: Obviously Sutty was rested rather than dropped but he'd have done more if he'd come straight from Hampden after playing 120 mins in the afternoon.

murphys right off the boil hes playing with no confidence and could do with a spell on the bench casagolda is pish.mccall can go on about the targets he missed out on as much as he wants but weve been desperate for a striker since he came to the club and hes done nothing about it.
Apart from signing one, you mean.

Probably a bit harsh on Casa last night, but I still don't see any potential in him.

I don't see where the 'moments of genius' stuff is coming from.

I'd start him against Stranraer but if he doesn't cut it there then I'd much rather see a younger striker allowed in the team.

As I said to a mate last night, I'll happily eat my words when he scores 30 goals betweeen now and the end of the season, but I highly doubt it. Infact, if he is still here at the start of next season, I'll get his name tattooed on my arse.

Probably a bit harsh on Casa last night, but I still don't see any potential in him.

I don't see where the 'moments of genius' stuff is coming from.

I'd start him against Stranraer but if he doesn't cut it there then I'd much rather see a younger striker allowed in the team.

As I said to a mate last night, I'll happily eat my words when he scores 30 goals betweeen now and the end of the season, but I highly doubt it. Infact, if he is still here at the start of next season, I'll get his name tattooed on my arse.

The whole team scoring 30 goals between now and the end of the season would be a bonus

Call me old-fashioned, but instead of worrying too much about bringing another striker into the club, perhaps our coaching staff could pull their fingers out and teach the ones we have to do a better job of scoring goals? ^_^

No disagreement but scoring in a games is very different from training and bounce games. Apparently Casagolda scores regularly in bounce games and according to McCall is lively in training. Difficult to understand why it does not translate to goals in the real world.