Jump to content

Happy Dosser

Legends
  • Posts

    1,174
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Happy Dosser

  1. Yes and even at that, his hand is within his body shape and is only there because it was pushed up through contact with the Celtic player so it could not be a penalty anyway. Och, why do we bother? The referees make it up to suit their agenda and it's getting more and more blatant. I'll renew my ST to see The 'Well as usual but I'm even more certain now that, when push comes to shove, our game is rigged.
  2. I think that was one of your rasher statements......
  3. Me neither. Think it'll be a lot easier to go back to researching the life of B. Traven: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._Traven 🤣😂🤣
  4. This David Hogg reference to playing for us isn't reflected in his Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davie_Hogg There was a Bobby Hogg who played for MFC but that was a little later. Somethin' ain't right.........
  5. Impressive! A match report I read stated he had been freed by Hibs and signed by MFC for the testimonial game. BTW, I wouldn't heckle, merely interject 😇😇😇.
  6. This was the 'Well select team for Charlie Aitken's testimonial. Great to see Dave Mackay (top right) in the claret and amber. Betcha no-one knows the top second left, the guy who looks slightly puzzled at being at Fir Park. The lucky winner will get a ticket for the Kettlewell Institute series of lectures on the beautiful game.
  7. I've noticed for at least the last two seasons that the foul shy law is virtually redundant anyway. Incursion on the pitch and simply "chucking it" are common. It seems our referees decide which laws to enforce and which to ignore. I'm afraid we have to accept that we were extremely unlikely to get anything out of that game. It was effectively a case of "keep playing until they score or are given a penalty". JBA is well out of it.
  8. I agree. The last thing we need is that this is all swept under the carpet in the close season and slaps on the list belatedly issued to Celtic while dragging in others clubs with little justification including Motherwell, Hearts, Championship play-off teams and other diversions/fig-leaves lest Celtic become isolated and their behaviour placed under the microscope. Perhaps naïvely, I used to have some respect for Martin O'Neill but his recent post-match pronouncements suggest to me that he is a feeble hypocrite, afraid to upset the GB neds (although it seems much of the Celtic support actually booed their incursions onto the pitch) and coming out with nonsense like, "What were the supporters supposed to do? Sit in their seats?". Eh, YES! And that applies to Wednesday night at FP, when the whole Celtic bench "celebrated" with the break-in bhoys and behaved without an ounce of class. The wee plaster saint is really getting on my nazzums at the moment.
  9. Wot, no Ian McCall? AI must be crapola 🤔...........
  10. With glee and relief, no doubt.
  11. Yes, very likely. Not only a ban for him but probs more vindictive "doubling down" on our players, like Slattery's treatment. Highly-selective small-minded vindictiveness seems to be a thing witth the authorities. Very sorry to see him go but glad he's going abroad rather than going to The Uglies. Seems JBA was too honest and progressive for the Neanderthals in this country.
  12. Now I know why Pep has left Man City.......
  13. That's my impression as well. We all know the behaviour of some Rangers fans has been unsavoury and menacing in the past, like the infamous riot at FP in 1978 because they were 2-0 down and looking at a hiding, and many other violent incidents over the years, including in Manchester after the UEFA Final in 2008. That said, the behaviour of a section of Celtic fans seems to have deteriorated the more they have dominated the Scottish game in the last 15 years and the growth of the Green Brigade is a toxic phenomenon which shows an arrogant sense of entitlement and sense of impunity which we can see transfers to the club itself with its recent desperate attempts to justify/deny the indefensible after last Wednesday and Saturday. Unfortunately, we're stuck with them both because to admit them to the English Premiership would be suicidal for it, even if it were possible. Until there is a real will shown by the police, SG and Scottish football authorities to restore order, fairness and sporting integrity to our game, nothing will change. I wonder also how many of our "new" supporters will have been put off by these recent events, despite the best efforts of our manager, players and club generally?
  14. Reminds me of Firhill 🤣.
  15. "Except for viewers in Scotland."
  16. Yes, I always felt we won that game despite our manager. The players pulled us out of the fire. Clarke's pressers are direly depressing for me so God knows the effect he has on the players. Looks like another Tournament Best Supporters/Worst Team scenario in the making.
  17. Yep, a GIRUY to all of us who care about Scottish football. It will never happen but the clubs should unite to force a complete overhaul of the refereeing system in our country. Its cosy and incompetent, self-serving cabal needs to be removed. I can't remember Jens's exact words in a recent interview but it was along the lines of "Why bother playing football at all when there are decisions like these?" Our game is rigged for everyone to see now.
  18. Lineker and Shearer (but what would they know?) still bemoaning the "penalty" at Fir Park and its consequences from about 25 mins in: When will the SFA release Dallas"s comments to Beaton, do you think? Sometime/never?
  19. Yep, and disallowed by the clowns in charge of VAR. Sums up our season.
  20. I know he's had a history of defending refs to the hilt but since you confirmed my hearing, that's really poor. I defy anyone to state categorically that Nicholson handled that ball, particularly from a cursory 20 second look from one angle. He clearly headed it out of play and if the ball scliffed his hand it was because Trusty shouldered up his arm from beneath. Even so, this did not make his body unnaturally big since it was within his body outline and so any contact with the hand should not be penalised. Maybe he thinks keeping in with the establishment will preserve his media career and contact with the luminaries of the football world and all the opportunities those things bring, but frankly I find his behaviour increasingly grating and cringeworthy. With friends like him.....
  21. I do, every day 🤣! "Monly joshing ye, grizzly.
  22. Go on, give us a selection. I love flattery 🤣!
×
×
  • Create New...